What's new

Hafiz Saeed is in lockup

So where did it originate from?

Source: http://www.dawn.com/news/681263

Though there are a number of theories about the origin of Urdu (that is, aside from camp language theory) that say, for example, Urdu has its origin in Punjabi, or it was born in Deccan or in Sindh, few have stood up to research based on historical linguistics and comparative linguistic. Of the theories considered to be holding water, the most plausible seems to be the one that says Urdu developed from some dialects spoken in and around Delhi in the 11th and 12th centuries AD. These dialects include Brij Bhasha, Mewati, Khari Boli and Haryani, which, in turn had developed from Apbhransh. The name Apbhransh refers to a number of languages/dialects which were born from Prakrit languages. The question that still requires a precise answer is: from which Apbhransh did Urdu originate? Some linguists believe it was most probably an offshoot of Shourseni Prakrit, spoken in and around Mathura. Dr Gian Chand Jain says it was Khari Boli.

In brief, Urdu is much older than just a few hundred years and its roots go right back to Sanskrit. At least, it has been established beyond doubt that Urdu is not a camp language.

Wherever Urdu originated (it is indeed an interesting question), the bottom line is that Pakistan is the rightful inheritor of the language. Urdu is the official of Pakistan, Hindi is the official language of India. And Urdu-speaking families like mine in Pakistan can more rightfully be considered the forerunners of the Muslims rulers who used the language most extensively.

Even today in India, Urdu is increasingly being replaced by Hindi. There are even Urdu newspapers that have started printing in the Devanagari script, because the new generations of North Indian Muslims can no longer read the Perso-Arabic script.

And the roots of Sanskrit and Prakit are not in Gangadesh you fool, log off before you embarrass your self any further or better still go play some Jallikattu and get run over by a bull!

Bro, he is a Sikh Punjabi who prefers Pakistan to India, and does not even identify as Indian. He's a friendly guy. :cheers:

LOL calm down you psycho prick all I did was ask a genuine question. I'm not from Gangadesh either.

Just a case of mistaken identity, my friend. You have to understand that some Indians try to claim anything and everything about Pakistan because it makes them feel better (despite all the differences between the present-day countries that extend beyond just religion). Unfortunately, it seems he thought you were one of them. Don't take it personally.

Just a case of mistaken identity, my friend. You have to understand that some Indians try to claim anything and everything about Pakistan because it makes them feel better (despite all the differences between the present-day countries that extend beyond just religion). Unfortunately, it seems he thought you were one of them. Don't take it personally.

I get it bro, but what's the point of going on online forums when you don't want to exchange ideas and learn. Thanks for jumping to my defense, I appreciate it.

Wherever Urdu originated (it is indeed an interesting question), the bottom line is that Pakistan is the rightful inheritor of the language. Urdu is the official of Pakistan, Hindi is the official language of India. And Urdu-speaking families like mine in Pakistan can more rightfully be considered the forerunners of the Muslims rulers who used the language most extensively.

Even today in India, Urdu is increasingly being replaced by Hindi. There are even Urdu newspapers that have started printing in the Devanagari script, because the new generations of North Indian Muslims can no longer read the Perso-Arabic script.

I agree, I wasn't questioning its usage and status in Pakistan.

@CleanWell I have deleted my posts, hatchet is buried from my end :cheers:.
And Sikhs are martial folks no question about it.Kudos

I deleted mine, I jumped the gun and lost my temper, apologies should have explained where I was coming from.

I get it bro, but what's the point of going on online forums when you don't want to exchange ideas and learn. Thanks for jumping to my defense, I appreciate it.

I agree my friend, but @django is nice, knowledgeable guy. He just thought you were one of those Indians who annoyingly try to claim everything about Pakistan as their own.

My apologies for the harsh words, but he deleted his posts, Just a case of mistaken identity.

I agree, I wasn't questioning its usage and status in Pakistan.

I know, you were just trying to have a discussion. And though linguistics is not my area of expertise, you did a pretty good job of summarizing of the Urdu origin theories. However, I just wanted to make a point for all the Indians (not you) who may be reading this that Urdu is the language of Pakistan now, Hindi is India's.

I agree my friend, but @django is nice, knowledgeable guy. He just thought you were one of those Indians who annoyingly try to claim everything about Pakistan as their own.

My apologies for the harsh words, but he deleted his posts, Just a case of mistaken identity.

I know, you were just trying to have a discussion. And though linguistics is not my area of expertise, you did a pretty good job of summarizing of the Urdu origin theories. However, I just wanted to make a point for all the Indians (not you) who may be reading this that Urdu is the language of Pakistan now, Hindi is India's.
On a different thread they have been annoying me all day LOL, I have been paying them back with "Ribah":lol::lol:.Kudos

School massacre was TTP job and TTP was never supported by Pakistani agencies. TTP was formed because Pakistan joined American war and attacked them since they were hosting those who ran from Afghanistan. Currently TTP leadership is in Afghanistan and is supported by Afghan nds and patron in chief is 007 Doval.

Ok, my bad. We tend to club all terrorist into one group. :angry::hitwall:

And Krav Maga from what I have seen of it is like most of theses so-called martial arts, highly ineffective against non-compliant opponents and most of the training of special ops is geared for other far ,far more useful military skills than this useless crap,,,,,Judo and Ju-Jitsu may well be very useful for police forces who have very, very different aims and objectives than spec-ops.

Syret Matkal is a spec ops ,Mr.

Ok, my bad. We tend to club all terrorist into one group. :angry::hitwall:
Actually we have different definition of terrorists. We differentiate between freedom fighters and those fighting for their human rights.

I don't understand why the state doesn't take action against prominent leaders of militant outfits, like Mullah Abdul Aziz, Ludhianvi; or Hafiz Saeed. It is only due to the incompetence of the Pakistani courts that they are released due to a "lack of evidence". Any other competent court would be easily be able to find them guilty.

The Pakistani state needs to take strict action against these people, they are sponsoring the violence against innocent civilians in this country, and they are the reason why Pakistan has its bad image internationally.

Actually we have different definition of terrorists. We differentiate between freedom fighters and those fighting for their human rights.
You can call what you want but if they are inimical to our country or our state interest we will treat them same. :guns:

Syret Matkal is a spec ops ,Mr.
Even if it is so, your comments on this subject show you have virtually no knowledge on it, though you will surely beg to differ, so let us agree to disagree.Kudos

Back
Top Bottom