What's new

Habib Jalib’s son becomes a butcher to make both ends meet in Lahore

What's the qualification of his children? Have they been denied job opportunities? Without telling details about it the news doesn't make sense.

If people are not giving royalties for their father's work then Govt. should help them in this regards, they can sue Khadam-e-Alla for this as well.

why is this a news even .. if its a national hero , sports man or woman etc etc and is are facing harsh life yes its the responsibility of the nation or govt to support them but their childrens or relatives are not the responsibility of the state or nation .. yeah wai baat ho gai .. kisi say pocho kay ap kia kartay ho .. tu jawab milta hai bhai london main hotay hain ?

He can sell Kaleji and qoute some Jiger per bhari Poetry from his father's book
“Politics and prostitution have to be the only jobs where inexperience is considered a virtue. In what other profession would you brag about not knowing stuff?

He should have been born in sharif.s home...then all the family would become leaders fir 200 yrs
Money is not everything. Izzat ki Ghareebi is better than zalalat ki ameeri and what family rule when boht sons cannot even come to Pakistan and bhuuto family also gained nothing in politics except probably money and loss of lives if we look how benzair, his father and brother got killed

I think he shud b appointed professor in a medical school...

O.wait .... did he study ??? Does he have the qualifications?? If not being butcher may good there are not many things u can do without education

Lesson learned.

Idealism and emotions do not feed your stomach.

One needs to be smart and savvy to live in this world.

A fully fed stomach doesn't make you an immortal. But Idealism does. Habib Jalab might have lived in poverty and so does his family, but his name will be remembered until the end of times. And that my friend is a greater accomplishment than becoming just another version of an indoctrinated human and a participant of the rat race, and a slave to distracted version of reality, they keep feeding your brain with.

A fully fed stomach doesn't make you an immortal. But Idealism does. Habib Jalab might have lived in poverty and so does his family, but his name will be remembered until the end of times. And that my friend is a greater accomplishment than becoming just another version of an indoctrinated human and a participant of the rat race, and a slave to distracted version of reality, they keep feeding your brain with.

Agree but it is a crime for such people to marry and have a family.I do not have any problem with he making an immortal name for himself being a bachelor. Marriage and family comes with responsibilities. Those responsibilities should always trump others.

Agree but it is a crime for such people to marry and have a family.I do not have any problem with he making an immortal name for himself being a bachelor. Marriage and family comes with responsibilities. Those responsibilities should always trump others.

Then who defines what responsibilities are to the family and what are their needs? Me? You? or their family? Ask their family if they feel bad? They live poor and earn their livelihood by working just like millions other do. And trust me for most people, this is the best life because it provides one freedom from the misery of depression and other distractions that come with having more.

Then who defines what responsibilities are to the family and what are their needs? Me? You? or their family? Ask their family if they feel bad? They live poor and earn their livelihood by working just like millions other do. And trust me for most people, this is the best life because it provides one freedom from the misery of depression and other distractions that come with having more.

If what you are saying is true, then the OP is not a news at all. Discussion closed.

If what you are saying is true, then the OP is not a news at all. Discussion closed.

I'm only talking about the perspective mate. Our perspective of some one's elses story is never accurate as its based on our own state of mind. We tend to think from what we believe is good for us is the same for all is not always true.
This guy turned a butcherer, there are millions other in the country, why should we think low of it? He is doing something that gets him money from his hard work and is not shoving his father's name in some ones face to get some benefits.
I think that's both honorable and self respecting and that's how more and more people should be...

I'm only talking about the perspective mate. Our perspective of some one's elses story is never accurate as its based on our own state of mind. We tend to think from what we believe is good for us is the same for all is not always true.
This guy turned a butcherer, there are millions other in the country, why should we think low of it? He is doing something that gets him money from his hard work and is not shoving his father's name in some ones face to get some benefits.
I think that's both honorable and self respecting and that's how more and more people should be...

First the purpose of the OP needs to be clarified. It is full of contradictions.

Although the revolutionary poet Habib Jalib earned much respect among literary and political circles for his unmatched resistance against the corrupt elite and him amazing poetry, after his death his family lives in abject poverty.

How does Habib Jalib making a name for himself related to his family living in abject poverty?

Whose fault was it? Head of the house hold or the Government?

Habib Jalib faced economic turmoil in his life owing to his views against martial law, authoritarianism and corporatocracy and his son Yasir Jalib is still braving the grim challenges of life.

Was Habib Jalib naive enough to take on the powerful and expect no back lash? If he was such a naive person he was not fit to have a family in the first place. He sacrificed his family's future for making a name for himself.

Yasir is reportedly working at a chicken shop in Lahore and he manages to earn a scant income to make both ends meet. Habib Jalib’s eldest daughter, Tahira, runs a small driving school. The wife of revolutionary poet, Mumtaz Begum died after a protracted illness in 2014.

Curse of being part of the family whose head of the household relinquished his responsibility.

The Jalib Family with their limited resources still feels proud of the fact that they had not robbed this country of its resources or evaded tax. They refuse any aid from the government.

Another foolish step. If they do not want any help then should should keep their mouths shut. What is the purpose of going hammer and tongs saying we are poor and struggling to make the ends meet?

Their only demand is inclusion of Jalib’s poetry in educational curriculum. They also urge the government to name a single road, library or hospital in Punjab in the honour of Habib Jalib.

If this is the only request why highlight their poverty multiple times in this article?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom