What's new

Guys ! We are not aware of 2 features of JF-17

Ali0625

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I know its a silly thing to say but i don't know if any one knows about this.
Jf-17 block 1 has :
1) HMD option
2) IRST pod option too.

Please clear me if your knowledge is better than mine.
Following is the proof.

On right side panel of JF-17 cockpit, there's a button pannel, rest you can see in pictures.
2019223_151518883.jpg

jf-17-thunder---ideas-2014-33_16382160258_o.jpg

Please correct me if you have else knowledge.

The original Block-I was supposed to get HMD/S. It was probably on the cards as part of the package the PAF was negotiating with France back in 2007/2008. But since that went down the drain, the PAF has yet to secure a HMD/S for the JF-17, so it got pushed to the Block-III.

The original Block-I was supposed to get HMD/S. It was probably on the cards as part of the package the PAF was negotiating with France back in 2007/2008. But since that went down the drain, the PAF has yet to secure a HMD/S for the JF-17, so it got pushed to the Block-III.

Right ! but do you know anything about what's an IRST option doing out there.
Can an IRST be carried on some external rack or something else, bcs the button is present out there ?

Right ! but do you know anything about what's an IRST option doing out there.
Can an IRST be carried on some external rack or something else, bcs the button is present out there ?
Ultimately, I think the switches were there because the planning at the time thought of IRST as a possibility. But I believe that capability has been rolled into the ASELPOD, which can provide air-to-air infrared-based tracking.

All Block-1s have been updated to Block-2 so they have IRST in the form of a external targeting pod. HMD is inevitable so probably future planning, for eventual upgrades.

Does IRST mounted externally take one of the seven pylons?

Rumour has it that the J10 HMD has been integrated in late model Block II

I know its a silly thing to say but i don't know if any one knows about this.
Jf-17 block 1 has :
1) HMD option
2) IRST pod option too.

Please clear me if your knowledge is better than mine.
Following is the proof.

On right side panel of JF-17 cockpit, there's a button pannel, rest you can see in pictures.
View attachment 541362

View attachment 541363

Please correct me if you have else knowledge.

Not that you are wrong, but the jf-17 from the beginning is hard wired with both IRST and HMD. You can plug in any system and the WMMC will detect it immediately. Plug and play, no modifications required.

On a side note, it can also use the JHCMS.

Back
Top Bottom