What's new

Gun Control & Gun Violence in U.S | Mega Thread

Gun control is useless in America now. With 400 million guns out there there's nothing anyone can do to disarm the population.

The priority should be to prevent racial tension from breaking out into a full fledged civil war. The sort of rhetoric Trump indulged in to win votes was throwing fuel into the fire.

Random mass shootings can kick start a war but it is these armed militias going into action that you need be afraid of:

White Militias

View attachment 844298

View attachment 844299

Black Militias

View attachment 844301

View attachment 844303
Why would they need to grab guns in the first place? the vast majority of gun owners have no intention of carrying out a mass shooting or shooting innocents. They keep guns for recreation or self defense, nothing more from collection purposes to shooting bottles in their backyard.

I got the video of the shooting on WhatsApp. It's horrific. His aim is super accurate. He shot several victims in the head in quick secession. I'm glad I don't live in the USA.

Why would they need to grab guns in the first place? the vast majority of gun owners have no intention of carrying out a mass shooting or shooting innocents. They keep guns for recreation or self defense, nothing more from collection purposes to shooting bottles in their backyard.

Yeah. The Right to Bear Arms, so that you can kill indiscriminately.

Yeah. The Right to Bear Arms, so that you can kill indiscriminately.
Like I said earlier, the vast majority of gun owners don't have any intention to shoot innocents or commit mass shootings. And our right to bear arms is our right to self defense, I myself believe gun enthusiasm is a bit crazy and don't dig it but our rights are our rights. Gun grabbing would be counter productive anyways as people would just end up buying them illegally.

Last edited:
Another day, another massacre by right wing fanatic. Sad thing is nothing is going to be done to combat this threat to the US.

I said it's too late for gun control. No one will take away anyone's guns in America, but they may ban some categories of guns, like the assault rifle ban of a few years ago. It won't make much difference because of the sheer numbers of guns out there.

As an example, Canada banned the sale of AR-15s. There are less than 100,000 AR-15s in Canada. In the US there are up to 10 million. It's easy to manufacture an AR-15 receiver on a CNC machine. Even if they ban the sale of AR-15s there will be 10 million out there and people will be making them in their garages. So, gun bans are useless. It's like closing the gate after the horse has bolted.

Well clearly the answer to this is more guns. Thoughts and prayers

I said it's too late for gun control. No one will take away anyone's guns in America, but they may ban some categories of guns, like the assault rifle ban of a few years ago. It won't make much difference because of the sheer numbers of guns out there.

As an example, Canada banned the sale of AR-15s. There are less than 100,000 AR-15s in Canada. In the US there are up to 10 million. It's easy to manufacture an AR-15 receiver on a CNC machine. Even if they ban the sale of AR-15s there will be 10 million out there and people will be making them in their garages. So, gun bans are useless. It's like closing the gate after the horse has bolted.
It would have been dumb to enforce gun control in the first place, its hard to wipe out something that's such a core part of ones culture.

Think hard about what you said, especially the highlighted part.

What are the odds of a survivor of a gun related violent event changing his/her mind about guns in general and the Second Amendment in particular? At best, 50/50. In other words, we do not know unless we interview literally every such person and record their responses. But the bottom line is that no one, not even the NRA, can silent any such survivor from speaking out against guns, not just gun related violence. There are plenty of such survivors, from ordinary people like David Hogg to US Congresswoman Gabby Giffords, who dedicated parts of their time against guns. The problem that people outside the US have is that they believe that their opinions about guns are correct and dismiss any counter arguments against theirs. In other words, YOU are less interested in rational discussions than you are for simple criticisms to satisfy your feelings about US. Nothing more.

They really aren't. While a fair amount of Europeans find the concept mildly unsettling or questionable most don't really know or care about it terribly much because it has no effect on them. Frankly I'm not familair with anyone trying to get us to repeal the 2nd Amendment. May I ask who told you that they cared so much? was it perhaps Newsmax or Fox News

The question I'm interested in, is what will happen to brown Muslim Pakistanis when the sh*t hits the fan?

We're neither with the whites or the black. When there's street by street fighting going on, which side will we be on?

The white supremist agenda is anti-Muslim. If there was a mosque nearby this shooter may have hit that. But Muslims don't exactly mix with blacks either. Which way will we go?

Judging by the transcript of the shooters online posts, it seems like he was incited by an undercover federal agent to commit the shooting. I am confident of such, especially adding on that he was under the FBI radar for months and that he openly made constant threats to commit a mass shooting.

We can't know it, but killer age is a good indication of that.

It's the problem of consider psychology pseudoscience as a real science.

Psychologists from western secret services are arrogant, they think know it all, and they have a large amount of power due to massification of internet and impunity.

When they make stupid things in his job, these things happen and nobody knows it.

The question I'm interested in, is what will happen to brown Muslim Pakistanis when the sh*t hits the fan?

We're neither with the whites or the black. When there's street by street fighting going on, which side will we be on?

The white supremist agenda is anti-Muslim. If there was a mosque nearby this shooter may have hit that. But Muslims don't exactly mix with blacks either. Which way will we go?

We have already seen a glimpse of what can happen in New Zealand.

do what Latinos do- we get along well with Latinos
and always have a gun
We had guns back home in Pakistan too at home and also here I bought a pistol but no major gun

This is very common nothing to be surprised about when you have gun laws & firearms readily available to anyone especially passing proposition in US Congress defending it.

Back
Top Bottom