What's new

Gulfstream G-450 for Pakistan.

It
^ so true. remember the Nawaz carrying own car to Nepal Summit thread !!
it was ness scary. But army already has multiple VIP jets. Nawaz has too, mind you. Not sure why he's using a320 (maybe big delegation? Because VIPS jets are more comfortable and luxurious than a320).

Army Chief and head of staff is way more important than USD30,000,000, or the life of any politician. That's a fact.

Btw, USD30Mil is a bargain. If it provides safety and security to people who hold reigns of one million strong army, then let it be.

Noony's, never compare you Saudi slave with Raheel Sharif! :p:

Not sure if I'm allowed to mention another forum here, but this jet carried the Chief in November to US (claim).

View attachment 182241

Picture of jet above. Costs around $30 million used.

We currently have many VIP planes. Even Nawaz is seen using PIA's A320 instead of using VIP jets. So the old ones are risky to fly or new one was really needed?

This article is dated Nov 16: Army chief in US, to visit CENTCOM today – The Express Tribune

The plane arrived at Andrews air base on November 16 as well, from Pakistan.

PAF has acquired another Gulfstream, it might be kitted up for VIP transport or ELINT, we don't know yet.

Army Chief and head of staff is way more important than USD30,000,000, or the life of any politician. That's a fact.

Btw, USD30Mil is a bargain. If it provides safety and security to people who hold reigns of one million strong army, then let it be.

Lol noony, because either people are with Imran or noon league

For your kind information, paf already has a fleet of very modern vip jets. What I wanted to know, as in op, is that are they still functional or what. Why do we need a new $30m jet ($30m is big amiunt for a nation like pakistan).

Go and Google to see how many VIP jets the governement/army/Air Force has.

PAF has acquired another Gulfstream, it might be kitted up for VIP transport or ELINT, we don't know yet.
As you're very knowledge so if I may ask, are navy Air Force and the army VIP jets shared? I don't think provinces share their private helicopter or jet with another or even federation, so wondering how it works out with the forces.

Since you won't look up because it's going to contradict your post, let me post the information here. It's bit dated.

The country's VVIP fleet includes Gulfstream IV, Cessna Citation V, Cessna Citation Excel, Learjet 35, Learjet 45 XR, Raytheon Hawker 400, Falcon 20, Cessna Conquest II, Bell 412helicopters (3) Mi-17 helicopter Airbus A310-300 and now the new LearJet. They now also have G450.

Some of these plane cost well over $60 million (ignoring the A310).

I do appreciate that you say head of state or army guy deserve security. Some people here say that the head of state should travel in economy class instead of using state owned plane.

@WishLivePak - PAF operates a 'VIP' Squadron for transporting VIPs. The Prime Ministerial jet is also operated by PAF and yes all services chiefs can access them when going on overseas visits.

I respect your opinion.

While the aircraft may or may not be for exclusive use for the COAS, but it was bought under his orders and from the Army's coffers.

How do we know that?

The F16s purchased from Jordan was from army funds. Does this mean the F16s are army property-no!

The F16s purchased from Jordan was from army funds. Does this mean the F16s are army property-no!

Before F-16 purchase, PAF sold 80-90 million worth of Mushak to Iraq. So It's hard to believe army would finance such F-16 deal !

Once again we r quoting wrong numbers. How can 20 odd Mushshak cost $ 90m? One can get a Mushshak for 3-4m PKR.
the deal we r talking about includes besides the Mushshak 's a long-term package to train Iraqi airforce personnel at Risalpur as well as Baghdad in flying training, technical training for ground maintenance, GCI training etc.

That's the machine you've been talking about :

2.jpg

COAS was using this jet for his visit to UK.

How can they afford 30m for a new jet when they already have so many? Or lease/finance PIA an a320 and use that for travel when needed. That way, it's win win for both (PIA needs more planes desperately).

Are the previous VVIP jets not in working condition? Last time Nawaz flew in one was I remember for his visit to UN. Since then, he has used 777 once and a320 on multiple trips, to middle east and east asia.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom