What's new

Gulfstream G-450 for Pakistan.

Less pax may be giving indirect financial advantage in reducing fuel consumption \ less maintenance, but financial loss of revenue. As far as B737 is concerned it is limited due to high temperature at airports in Pakistan and single engine flight performance limitations. Normally the average temperature is +15 - 20 ISA at all airports.

Climb weight limits would be manageable for a 737-700/800 or A320 family fleet in Pakistan, even in the summer.

Only the Boeing 737-900 would be severely restricted. (On a hot day, it would lose about 10t in takeoff weight from ISB and even more from PEW).

This is the field limit weight for the 737-900 from 2000ft pressure altitude (not far off ISB) with the highest possible (27K) thrust rating.

ISB has approximately 9800-10200ft available for takeoff depending on corrected field length for wind.

6umt.jpg

Climb weight limits would be manageable for a 737-700/800 or A320 family fleet in Pakistan, even in the summer.

Only the Boeing 737-900 would be severely restricted. (On a hot day, it would lose about 10t in takeoff weight from ISB and even more from PEW).

This is the field limit weight for the 737-900 from 2000ft pressure altitude (not far off ISB) with the highest possible (27K) thrust rating.

ISB has approximately 9800-10200ft available for takeoff depending on corrected field length for wind.

6umt.jpg
Sorry it was B737-300 that is limited but you are correct the NG's are not. TK is the only airline to operate B737-900 to KHI but normal pax load is about 70-80.

PIA recently was operating B737-800's on wet lease which surprisingly were giving them a much higher profit then the Dry leased A320. Still PIA opted for the A320's, this decision is based on the fact that Airbus producing aircraft in China from where PIA is able to get its parts cheaper and easily.

Though the operating cost of A320 is higher than B737-800.

This case may be a issue of "get me my own ride".

What a royal thing to demand, just like a true king. But he wears the haloed uniform, so it must be okay. Of course, it is okay, he must need to for all the important duties that he must carry out. Yes, that must be it.

Still PIA opted for the A320's, this decision is based on the fact that Airbus producing aircraft in China from where PIA is able to get its parts cheaper and easily.

No.

The decision to operate A320 jets was purely down to the fact that availability for A320s is slightly better than for the 737-800 and that lease costs are also slightly lower.

Spare parts sourcing had nothing to do with it.

Besides, the spare parts would be sourced through Airbus depots, the closest of which is in Dubai.

The Chinese manufactured content on an A320 aircraft is similar to that on a 737 and is limited mainly to the avionics components.

why not go for g650 most seexy plane

"sexy" plane is also a very expensive plane

For a basic interior aircraft, you are looking at $60-65m.

Sorry it was B737-300 that is limited but you are correct the NG's are not.

I will have a look at the -300 performance figures later but I don't think they're limited to the extent that you are making out.

Remember, PIA 737-300 have operated out of Skardu in the past without issue.

Though the operating cost of A320 is higher than B737-800.

Not true.

Without sharklets, a cfm56 equipped A320 will burn about 0.5% more fuel than a wingletted 737-800 on a flight sector of 800nm.

Above 800nm or 2 hour flying time, the advantage swings in favour of the A320.

Without sharklets, an IAE-V2500 A320 will burn the same amount of fuel as a wingletted B738-800 on a flight sector of 800nm.

Above 800nm or 2 hour flying time, the advantage swings in favour of the A320.

With sharklets (most new A320 aircraft are delivered as such), both cfm and IAE equipped A320 aircraft will enjoy about 1 % fuel burn advantage on a flight sector of 800nm.

That advantage increases above 2hr flight time.

Both A320 and 737ng families have technical dispatch reliabilities above 99% averages.

Maintenance costs for both aircraft are roughly the same.

The A320 has slightly lower ATS and airport landing costs as it has a lower MTOW.

Overall from a trip operating cost perspective, the A320 is almost always lower.

However, the 737-800 does seat slightly more pax and this seating advantage nullifies any operational cost benefits for the A320.

Its the latest toy for the 'good' shareef.

PAF has purchased this VIP a/c not army so why are we attributing this to the army chief only. It will be used by all military and civilian leadership. Whether its purchase is warranted is another question.

PAF has purchased this VIP a/c not army so why are we attributing this to the army chief only. It will be used by all military and civilian leadership. Whether its purchase is warranted is another question.

No sir. The aircraft is being exclusively used by the Army Chief. He went to the US on this specific aircraft.

In fact 2 pilots, a Brig and a Lt Col from the Army have already gone to the US to receive training on this type. After their training is complete, PAF pilots will no longer be necessary.

No sir. The aircraft is being exclusively used by the Army Chief. He went to the US on this specific aircraft.

In fact 2 pilots, a Brig and a Lt Col from the Army have already gone to the US to receive training on this type. After their training is complete, PAF pilots will no longer be necessary.

I dont agree with your assessment. No aircraft is designated for exclusive use in the armed forces.

I dont agree with your assessment. No aircraft is designated for exclusive use in the armed forces.

I respect your opinion.

While the aircraft may or may not be for exclusive use for the COAS, but it was bought under his orders and from the Army's coffers.

Not sure if I'm allowed to mention another forum here, but this jet carried the Chief in November to US (claim).

zz+blog+4270[1].jpg

Picture of jet above. Costs around $30 million used.

We currently have many VIP planes. Even Nawaz is seen using PIA's A320 instead of using VIP jets. So the old ones are risky to fly or new one was really needed?

This article is dated Nov 16: Army chief in US, to visit CENTCOM today – The Express Tribune

The plane arrived at Andrews air base on November 16 as well, from Pakistan.

Edit: just because sharif flew in it doesn't mean he ordered it. He may have, maybe not.

Also this aircraft may be used for some elint or something. But sharif was in USA the same day this plane landed there. So it could dry likely be a VIP jet, but not 100% confirmed.

Last edited:
@SBD-3

This thread will probably have 50 replies by now if I said in title "Nawaz buys new VIP jet with public money"

^ so true. remember the Nawaz carrying own car to Nepal Summit thread !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom