What's new

Gujaratis are the single most influential ethnicity in South Asian history

When one ethnic group dominates business, it usually means they put up barriers to other groups, for example rejecting applications of other ethnic groups. We all read about Indian dominated HR discriminating against white Americans in I. T sector.

Hence I dont believe in B.S that one group is better then others. Seen too much discrimination to know better.

Quaid-E-Azam
Mahatma Gandhi
Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
Ahmed Deedat---greatest Muslim preacher in the English language
Azim Premji
Narendra Modi

They have shaped South Asia more than any other people over the last 120 years
Add to that:

Vikram Sarabhai
Jamshedji Tata
Dhirubhai Ambani
Homi Bhabha
Dadabhai Naoroji

Of the 4 important politicians when India and Pakistan attained Independence, 3 are Gujaratis (Gandhi, Jinnah, Patel).

Please refrain from calling it an ethnicity, it's more of a community. Those are 2 very different things.

Last edited:
Add to that:

Vikram Sarabhai
Jamshedji Tata
Dhirubhai Ambani
Homi Bhabha
Dadabhai Naoroji

Of the 4 important politicians when India and Pakistan attained Independence, 3 are Gujaratis (Gandhi, Jinnah, Patel).

Please refrain from calling it an ethnicity, it's more of a community. Those are 2 very different things.

Gujaratis are an ethnicity..they have their own language, script and specific geographical ancestral location

Quaid-E-Azam
Mahatma Gandhi

Although the families of both Jinnah and Gandhi had once lived just about 40 miles or so apart in Kathiawar (Gujarat), Jinnah (born in Karachi) wasn't an ethnic Gujarati. Jinnah's family traced its descent from Iran, or as per another account, Mr Jinnah (according to a Pakistani author) said that his male ancestor was a Rajput from Sahiwal in Punjab (now Pakistan) who had married into the Ismaili Khojas and settled in Kathiawar (Beg 1986: 888).

Although the families of both Jinnah and Gandhi had once lived just about 40 miles or so apart in Kathiawar (Gujarat), Jinnah (born in Karachi) wasn't an ethnic Gujarati. Jinnah's family traced its descent from Iran, or as per another account, Mr Jinnah (according to a Pakistani author) said that his male ancestor was a Rajput from Sahiwal in Punjab (now Pakistan) who had married into the Ismaili Khojas and settled in Kathiawar (Beg 1986: 888).

I think his ancestors converted from Hinduism and he spoke Gujarati at home

HIs ancestors were Parsis according to most of the historians. Jinnah did speak Gujarati though he was more fluent in English and even Persian (the language spoken by his mother)
Many accounts I have read say he had Hindu ancestry who converted. The parsi link comes from his daughter who married a Parsi, became Dina wadia, so the wadias are the only people with ma jinnah's bloodline.

Many accounts I have read say he had Hindu ancestry who converted. The parsi link comes from his daughter who married a Parsi, became Dina wadia, so the wadias are the only people with ma jinnah's bloodline.

Yes, some historians (mostly Indian Hindus) have speculated that Jinnah's ancestors were Hindu Rajputs. But Jinnah family themselves claimed otherwise

Yes, some historians (mostly Indian Hindus) have speculated that Jinnah's ancestors were Hindu Rajputs. But Jinnah family themselves claimed otherwise
Claims don't matter though, like many people in subcontinent claim arab ancestry, in reality a small percentage might have any. In the region the probability of him having Hindu ancestry is much much higher.

Claims don't matter though, like many people in subcontinent claim arab ancestry, in reality a small percentage might have any. In the region the probability of him having Hindu ancestry is much much higher.

That's exactly what I am saying, Claims and speculation by hindu historians does not matter. Most of the neutral historians (and Jinnahs themselves) believe that Jinnah's ancestors were Parsis. Though there is nothing wrong in his ancestors being Hindu, or any other religion for that matter. Jinnah was a born Muslim

Back
Top Bottom