What's new

Gujaratis are the single most influential ethnicity in South Asian history

I have a lot of interest in this topic. Though I don't read entire papers, I just check out the charts from the supplements as well as follow discussions by more knowledgeable people in boards like anthrogenica.

Here is one very comprehensive study on South Asian genetics: https://scholar.harvard.edu/vagheesh/publications/genomic-formation-south-and-central-asia
The ideas are constantly updated as new aDNA (ancient DNA) are discovered and consequently new papers released.

Btw, the adivasi population that I talk about in above posts and one that contributes the "Desi"ness to South Asians have been named AASI by the scientific community. It is still a "ghost population" in the models because no 100% AASI aDNA has been found, thanks to South Asian climate not being good for aDNA preservation. It peaks among Mundas (70% AASI + 30% nicobarese like) and Paniya (78% AASI + 22% neolithic farmer).
@UDAYCAMPUS

don't all SA population have a tiny but of neolithic iranian farmer plus steppe ancestry?

Indo European Steppe Ancestry DOESNOT peak beyond 30% in ANY south Asian ethnicity
Steppe Ancestry in each South Asian ethnicity...collated From Reich's Labs at Harvard..the foremost Human population genetics research Lab in the world...and foremost authority on Indian genetics

HIghest being Pakistani Pashtuns at 28% but it still peaks among Bhumihar Brahmans in Bihar at 25%

Below is an interactive map..go enjoy

You are talking about Sintashta/Andronovo type (Indo-Iranian) only. I was talking about Sintashta + BMAC because Indo-Aryans were likely mix of these two.

Steppe + BMAC among Pashtuns is very high, in the 60%+ range. Certainly not 28%. Pashtuns derive lot of their ancestry from Iron Age Turkmenistan (when it was an Iranic land).

The Bhumihar Brahmin Steppe ancestry is inflated because of extra ANE shift among local farmer ancestry. In models that take into account the extra ANE the Steppe in Bhumihar would be less than 20%.

Isn't this famous student protest guy Bihari Bhumihar Brahmin?
1618171465174.png

Yes this is true , they have been influential and played a large role in shaping the destiny of South Asia

It is probably because they have not acted like petty regionalist who do not want to think or go beyond their village , city or state, I have seen so many gujju business families which migrated to south india to start business around 100-200 years ago itself while I never see our people have the same attitude , they have always been ambitious , explorers and entrepreneurial & it explains their success.

You are talking about Sintashta/Andronovo type (Indo-Iranian) only. I was talking about Sintashta + BMAC because Indo-Aryans were likely mix of these two.

Steppe + BMAC among Pashtuns is very high, in the 60%+ range. Certainly not 28%. Pashtuns derive lot of their ancestry from Iron Age Turkmenistan (when it was an Iranic land).

The Bhumihar Brahmin Steppe ancestry is inflated because of extra ANE shift among local farmer ancestry. In models that take into account the extra ANE the Steppe in Bhumihar would be less than 20%.

Isn't this famous student protest guy Bihari Bhumihar Brahmin?
View attachment 733210

I think the Desi look is not influenced by the presence or lack of ANI ancestry (or as you said Sintashta+BMAC) but rather the presence of AASI ancestry....It's the AASI ancestry that gives the pudgy, no jawline, no facial definition, smudge nosed look....That said many Bhumihar look quite chiselled...I dunno much about Bhumihars but they are distinct from normal Bihar Brahmins...at least the British imperialists wrote highly about them...and were the first martial race recruited by the British as they expanded onwards from the East..before hitting on the martial race mother lode in the North West

Yeah Bangladeshi Muslims donot have cousin marriages but cousin marriage is big in South Asian Muslim communities peaking at 50%+ rate in Pakistan..Non-Brahmin Bengali Hindus are also not that much caste endogamous...but that doesnot discount the fact that majority of the marriages among Hindus are caste endogamous

Peaking at 50%? Is that what they have been teaching you at the world's biggest FAKE NEWS and PROPAGANDA factory?......... :azn::

PS You know there is 0 evidence for your claims. Reported to MODS for spreading indian FAKE news.

Vague answers like I don't dissociate from Ganges won't do.

If you don't dissociate from the holy polluted Ganga, then don't get triggered and start pestering people when they point out your origins, dasyu.

Peaking at 50%? Is that what they have been teaching you at the world's biggest FAKE NEWS and PROPAGANDA factory?......... :azn::

PS You know there is 0 evidence for your claims. Reported to MODS for spreading indian FAKE news.

What's the cousin marriage rate in Pakistan?

1280px-Global_prevalence_of_consanguinity.svg.png

These are the sources:

50% is one of those pop stats which Indians throws around but baffle everyone in Pakistan. I don't know anyone in my family on either side involved in cousin marriage, and we have a quite conservative endogamous Kashmiri background.

If you don't dissociate from the holy polluted Ganga, then don't get triggered and start pestering people when they point out your origins, dasyu.
Thanks for this insightful post o great pdfer whose opinion no one asked for.
I think the Desi look is not influenced by the presence or lack of ANI ancestry (or as you said Sintashta+BMAC) but rather the presence of AASI ancestry....It's the AASI ancestry that gives the pudgy, no jawline, no facial definition, smudge nosed look....That said many Bhumihar look quite chiselled...I dunno much about Bhumihars but they are distinct from normal Bihar Brahmins...at least the British imperialists wrote highly about them...and were the first martial race recruited by the British as they expanded onwards from the East..before hitting on the martial race mother lode in the North West
You believe in the marital races theory mate? the british created it after 1857 to create drift among indians and elevate certain groups to make them more loyal and show them as different from others so we don't act in unity.

Last edited:
What's the cousin marriage rate in Pakistan?

1280px-Global_prevalence_of_consanguinity.svg.png

These are the sources:

Are you retarded or something? NOWHERE on your sources does it say that Pakistan has a 50% cousin marriage rate......... :lol:.......in fact they are not even talking about Pakistan but Algeria and Mauritius..........but it doesn't even say 50% for those countries either..........:disagree:.........you are a typical indian who has NO idea what you are talking about.........:lol:
50% is one of those pop stats which Indians throws around but baffle everyone in Pakistan. I don't know anyone in my family on either side involved in cousin marriage, and we have a quite conservative endogamous Kashmiri background.

Even the source he presented doesn't even claim that. Another indian who has NO IDEA what he is talking about........:lol:

Back
Top Bottom