What's new

Gujarat LeT encounter was faked, court told.

The first link you gave is from 2010. The second you gave is from a former Home Secretary.

Let me quote you an excerpt from the TOI:

Ishrat Jahan killed in staged shootout, says SIT

If you ask my opinion, yes it has been proven it was a staged shootout. Were they LeT operatives or not? That has not been proven.
The fact that they were said to be 'murdered' by the state police is not the kind of terminology used when the state police kills a terrorist (even when there isn't an encounter). Let's wait for more details to come out, I'm sure we'll find some more interesting things.

It may have been a stages shoot out. But that doesnt change the fact that they belonged to LeT.

Headley claimed it and LeT website showed her name. If you think that doesn't that prove anything, I dont think you should believe this news piece either

Is this the final nail in the coffin for Modi & his future aspirations? Or is there more to come? I guess we shall be finding that out in some time.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

It may have been a stages shoot out. But that doesnt change the fact that they belonged to LeT.

Headley claimed it and LeT website showed her name. If you think that doesn't that prove anything, I dont think you should believe this news piece either

A terrorist that is killed (without an encounter) by the police is not said to be 'murdered', but killed. As I said, let's wait for more details to come out, & we'll have a much clearer picture of the events transpired.

Indians should understand that "Jhoot chupta nahi chupanay say, aakhir sach saamnay aata hi hai" as they say in Pakistan "Batil mit jata hai aur jeet haq ki hoti hai"

Pakistan must expose this Indian terrorism carried out by indian national institutions(be it police, army, or RAW) to the world.

The first link you gave is from 2010. The second you gave is from a former Home Secretary.

Let me quote you an excerpt from the TOI:

Ishrat Jahan killed in staged shootout, says SIT

If you ask my opinion, yes it has been proven it was a staged shootout. Were they LeT operatives or not? That has not been proven. The fact that they were said to be 'murdered' by the state police is not the kind of terminology used when the state police kills a terrorist (even when there isn't an encounter). Let's wait for more details to come out, I'm sure we'll find some more interesting things.

As i said, it may have been a staged encounter. But that doesn't make the victims innocent. There are enough evidence to prove that Ishrat & Co were on LeT mission. You believe the story that suits your agenda.

As for staged encounters, sometimes it is necessary. In some circumstances, it is the only way to prevent the crime from happening. And also sometimes the cops believe that arresting and jailing the criminals doesn't serve any purpose. In the 70s and 80s Mumbai police got rid of most of the underworld menace. The police knew that these dons can operate even from the jail. So the best way of eradicating the mafia is killing them. The police were praised for their encounter killings those days. The case is different here, the victims are Muslims and that doesn't go down well with secularists

As i said, it may have been a staged encounter. But that doesn't make the victims innocent. There are enough evidence to prove that Ishrat & Co were on LeT mission. You believe the story that suits your agenda.

The only evidence is the testimony of David Headley that she was an LeT operative. I don't want to repeat myself, I have already said what I wanted to two times before, this is not 'propaganda by secularists sucking up to the Muslims', Indian Muslims are the biggest victims in India unfortunately. This is what the former Supreme Court judge had to say:

Indian bomb probes wrongly target Muslims: judge | World | DAWN.COM

All I'm saying is, let's wait for more details to come out, instead of coming to foolhardy conclusions. I'm sure we're in for a few more surprises.

People need to understand that India cannot be called a civilised society until it stops fake encounters of even criminals for rewards.

I agree...... well said. Fake encounters of the third kind have to be addressed before India can move forward.

I agree...... well said. Fake encounters of the third kind have to be addressed before India can move forward.

We Indians view it as a necessary evil, Encounters started around 1991 from the Maya Dolas case in Mumbai, In India the police take life threatening risks to apprehend criminals and most of the times these criminals get away due to loop holes in the law or by threatening the witnesses who fear for their life and fail to indict the criminals. After they are released these criminals harm the cops who caught them in the first place. So these encounters were introduced to stem the high criminalization of Urban India. There were a few protests initially but everybody sees it as a necessity for the society to be ridden of hardcore criminals.

Most of my Indian friends forgot that one should be Proven Guilty by Court ........Now they say she was an LeT supporter.......
But that doesn't give License to take life of one 19 year old...........this reminds me the cool blooded murder done by Pakistani rangers in Karachi park.............Now my Indian Friends there is a saying in Malayalam........Don't Fence Sh1t ......it will smell foul...........so don't support the False Encounter........also don't bring Politics........this Judgement was given by Gujarat High Court

We Indians view it as a necessary evil, Encounters started around 1991 from the Maya Dolas case in Mumbai, In India the police take life threatening risks to apprehend criminals and most of the times these criminals get away due to loop holes in the law or by threatening the witnesses who fear for their life and fail to indict the criminals. After they are released these criminals harm the cops who caught them in the first place. So these encounters were introduced to stem the high criminalization of Urban India. There were a few protests initially but everybody sees it as a necessity for the society to be ridden of hardcore criminals.

I commend anyone being a policeman in todays hostility where lives are threatened. These loopholes most be sorted asap to protect all concerned. Half the problem is accepting there is a problem. India will be half way their if this is accepted. Next step - sort it out.

I don't think any legal body in India has declared her an LeT operative. But a legal body has declared that she was murdered by the Indian police. So please, let's not jump to any conclusions unnecessarily.

Most of my Indian friends forgot that one should be Proven Guilty by Court ........Now they say she was an LeT supporter.......
But that doesn't give License to take life of one 19 year old...........this reminds me the cool blooded murder done by Pakistani rangers in Karachi park.............Now my Indian Friends there is a saying in Malayalam........Don't Fence Sh1t ......it will smell foul...........so don't support the False Encounter........also don't bring Politics........this Judgement was given by Gujarat High Court

Court has already taken action against these rangers. Where as mass murder is looking to be PM of your country what a pity.

I commend anyone being a policeman in todays hostility where lives are threatened. These loopholes most be sorted asap to protect all concerned. Half the problem is accepting there is a problem. India will be half way their if this is accepted. Next step - sort it out.

There are huge problems in India's legal system, a person with money and contacts can get away with a lot. But the system is so old and intrinsic that its very difficult to actually give sentences to the guilty. The poor rot in jail and the rich get bail or anticipatory bail and keep challenging the judgment from sessions court to district court to high court to supreme court and by the time the Apex court gives its verdict a normal case runs for a minimum of 20 years. Most of the time due to the time delay the witnesses turn hostile and the case goes out the window.

But truth prevails in the end, but after decades. And the offender can manipulate the system as he wishes.

In Pakistan, immediate action was taken against the killers of the Sialkot boys, the rangers who killed the innocent people in Karachi, & action in the Kharotabad incident that killed 5 Chechens is underway.

'SIT report did not clear Ishrat's terror taint'

Ahmedabad: In a major development, former home secretary GK Pillai on Tuesday claimed that the SIT report submitted in the Gujarat High Court did not say that Ishrat Jahan, who was gunned down by the Gujarat police in 2004, was not a terrorist.

However, the former bureaucrat admitted that her cold-blooded encounter by the Gujarat’s Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) officials on June 15, 2004 was indeed false.

Pillai further claimed that the input received from the intelligence agency about Ishrat Jahan – a suspected LeT agent - was absolutely correct.

Pillai made this remarks while speaking to a leading TV news channel. His statement comes two days after the Gujarat High Court upheld the SIT report, which concluded that Ishrat’s encounter was stage-managed by Gujarat police officials.

Countering the claims of ‘Ishrat’s innocence’ being made by her family in the wake of the SIT report, Pillai said, “The SIT report only said that her encounter was fake but it did not clear her name from being a LeT terrorist.”

To drive his point home, Pillai said, “When I was the Home Secretary I had seen the input received by the intelligence agencies about her suspicious activities and links with the militant outfit LeT. The Intelligence Bureau then clearly warned that a LeT terror module was planning to eliminate Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.”

He even said that Ishrat’s name was mentioned as a martyr on LeT’s website but it was later removed.

The sensational claims made by Pillai are likely to bring a major twist in the infamous encounter case, which has severely dented Modi government’s credibility.

On November 21, a division bench of Justice Jayant Patel and Justice Abhilasha Kumari directed the police to book the accused including former DIG DG Vanzara for murder under Section 302 of the IPC.

The SIT in its report said Ishrat and three others were killed prior to the encounter date of June 15, 2004. The bench ordered that a separate FIR under section 302 (punishment for murder) should be filed in the concerned police station against those police officers who were involved in the shootout.

The SIT headed by RR Verma had submitted the report to the court last Friday.

Thane girl Ishrat Jahan, her friend Javed Sheikh alias Pranesh Pillai and two suspected Pakistani nationals were gunned down by DCB on June 15, 2004.

The probe in the sensational case was supervised directly by the Gujarat High Court which had constituted the SIT last year to investigate genuineness of the encounter after petitions were filed by Ishrat's mother Shamima Kausar and Gopinath Pillai, father of another victim of the encounter Javed Sheikh alias Pranesh Pillai.

Those accused in the case include then JCP (crime branch) P P Pande, suspended DIG DG Vanzara, then ACP G L Singhal and ACP N K Amin -- all IPS officers. There were total of 21 policemen, including the IPS officers, involved in the encounter.

Vanzara and Amin are also accused in the Soharabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case and murder of Sheikh's wife Kausar Bi and are presently behind bars.

http://zeenews.**********/news/gujarat/sit-report-did-not-clear-ishrat-s-terror-taint_743199.html

'SIT report did not clear Ishrat's terror taint'

Ahmedabad: In a major development, former home secretary GK Pillai on Tuesday claimed that the SIT report submitted in the Gujarat High Court did not say that Ishrat Jahan, who was gunned down by the Gujarat police in 2004, was not a terrorist.

However, the former bureaucrat admitted that her cold-blooded encounter by the Gujarat’s Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) officials on June 15, 2004 was indeed false.

Pillai further claimed that the input received from the intelligence agency about Ishrat Jahan – a suspected LeT agent - was absolutely correct.

Pillai made this remarks while speaking to a leading TV news channel. His statement comes two days after the Gujarat High Court upheld the SIT report, which concluded that Ishrat’s encounter was stage-managed by Gujarat police officials.

Countering the claims of ‘Ishrat’s innocence’ being made by her family in the wake of the SIT report, Pillai said, “The SIT report only said that her encounter was fake but it did not clear her name from being a LeT terrorist.”

To drive his point home, Pillai said, “When I was the Home Secretary I had seen the input received by the intelligence agencies about her suspicious activities and links with the militant outfit LeT. The Intelligence Bureau then clearly warned that a LeT terror module was planning to eliminate Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.”

He even said that Ishrat’s name was mentioned as a martyr on LeT’s website but it was later removed.

The sensational claims made by Pillai are likely to bring a major twist in the infamous encounter case, which has severely dented Modi government’s credibility.

On November 21, a division bench of Justice Jayant Patel and Justice Abhilasha Kumari directed the police to book the accused including former DIG DG Vanzara for murder under Section 302 of the IPC.

The SIT in its report said Ishrat and three others were killed prior to the encounter date of June 15, 2004. The bench ordered that a separate FIR under section 302 (punishment for murder) should be filed in the concerned police station against those police officers who were involved in the shootout.

The SIT headed by RR Verma had submitted the report to the court last Friday.

Thane girl Ishrat Jahan, her friend Javed Sheikh alias Pranesh Pillai and two suspected Pakistani nationals were gunned down by DCB on June 15, 2004.

The probe in the sensational case was supervised directly by the Gujarat High Court which had constituted the SIT last year to investigate genuineness of the encounter after petitions were filed by Ishrat's mother Shamima Kausar and Gopinath Pillai, father of another victim of the encounter Javed Sheikh alias Pranesh Pillai.

Those accused in the case include then JCP (crime branch) P P Pande, suspended DIG DG Vanzara, then ACP G L Singhal and ACP N K Amin -- all IPS officers. There were total of 21 policemen, including the IPS officers, involved in the encounter.

Vanzara and Amin are also accused in the Soharabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case and murder of Sheikh's wife Kausar Bi and are presently behind bars.

http://zeenews.**********/news/gujarat/sit-report-did-not-clear-ishrat-s-terror-taint_743199.html

Yes, but the SIT did not declare her an LeT operative either. No legal Indian body has come to the conclusion that she was an LeT operative.

Back
Top Bottom