What's new

GTRE :: FDM Cuts Time to Prototype Jet Engine from 1 Year to 6 Week

lucky DRDO people..getting chance to learn new things and work on exciting projects!

It is such a shame that they are getting to know this now... that too plastic where the rest of the world moved to metal (SLS etc).. I have to print one or the other components daily for projects far less critical than a jet engine.. but anyways, better late than never..

Explain y&how.

Because China has a network of L band radars that can detect stealth fighters, and interceptors will be dispatched within minutes if any such intrusion is detected inside their territory.

I suggest, read around.

It will be futile, no bomber can fly over China undetected.

I was thinking more on the lines of B1B type bomber- less costly semi stealth- with ordinance capability to carry half dozen or so 5000kg class conventional/nuke-capable Ramjet/Scramjet powered cruise missiles with 1500-2000km range, 1000kg explosive and VLO signature- It could help us to target Chinese cities via Burma and South East Asia- other than that using the cover by flying lower in mountainous central China to target Northern Chinese military targets- plus these UCAVs(Ghatak/Auras) could be used as decoys, diverging or covering parties in case of any possible interception by Chinese- being controlled either from mainland or the bomber Itself-

I was thinking more on the lines of B1B type bomber- less costly semi stealth- with ordinance capability to carry half dozen or so 5000kg class conventional/nuke-capable Ramjet/Scramjet powered cruise missiles with 1500-2000km range, 1000kg explosive and VLO signature- It could help us to target Chinese cities via Burma and South East Asia- other than that using the cover by flying lower in mountainous central China to target Northern Chinese military targets- plus these UCAVs(Ghatak/Auras) could be used as decoys, diverging or covering parties in case of any possible interception by Chinese- being controlled either from mainland or the bomber Itself-

B1B is good for carpet bombing, precision strikes can be carried out by our MKIs. In modern warfare, you don't need to flatten a city, but surgically take out key infrastructure nodes using precision strikes. Cruise missiles and stand off missiles will be the key.

B1B is good for carpet bombing, precision strikes can be carried out by our MKIs. In modern warfare, you don't need to flatten a city, but surgically take out key infrastructure nodes using precision strikes. Cruise missiles and stand off missiles will be the key.

MKI has a huge RCS and It stands out- little can be done to improve that- Other than that the ordinance carrying capability is also not very high when compared to a dedicated bomber- In future wars when in Chinese airspace It may not have a great survival rate considering they have S400 class SAM series deployment- I was not taking about flattening a city but taking out a key ordinance factory for example or an aircraft manufacturing line, etc- For that purpose 1000-1500kg conventional High explosive might be required- Cruise missiles are definitely the key and hence I precisely pointed out a missile with "VLO feature, Ramjet/Scramjet engine, 1500-2000km range(air launched), and 1000kg warhead"- now going by the Brahmos parameters such a missile would weight 5000+Kg which doesn't fit MKI- Off course there can be a stealth version of Nirbhay with similar parameters but the success rate of a high supersonic missile would be much higher than a sub-sonic one- With Brahmos from MKI we can at best Hit something in a range of 300-1000km from our borders anything more the chance of a successful mission drops down exponentially- Now when we are planning to turn the tide of war in our favor hitting an taking out the Chinese supply chain would be a must- and in that a Bomber could do the work of say a full squadron of MKIs/Rafale- By taking out an airbase or an aircraft assembly line for that matter-

But media reports said about Ghatak being engine name.. See this infographic
plan-to-develop-ghatak.jpg

The Narendra Modi government is set to give the green light to a Rs 3,000-crore plan to develop Ghatak, a new engine that will power India's first unmanned combat aircraft, or drones capable of delivering bombs as well as tackling aerial threats, as part of a project that envisages major participation of the private sector.

Ghatak will be a derivative of the abandoned Kaveri project that had been in the works for over two decades, officials said. The key difference in the current plan is the proposed participation of the private sector in a significant way.

Government set to clear Rs 3,000 crore plan to develop engine for India's first UCAV - The Economic Times

Yaar, how far is DRDO in AURA project. It was supposed to have first flight in 2020.

Yaar, how far is DRDO in AURA project. It was supposed to have first flight in 2020.

Aura Project is a secret program, and no information on public domain.

In short 5th Gen warfare is not about 5 Gen fighter plane like F-22, F-35 or PAK FA but there is an important piece, which everyone fails to see, and that piece is the which many called a sixth Gen fighter plaane --------------------- Aura in case of India. Would explain in detail, in a thread I am working with. Right now only US have that Piece, and Russia, Europe and China started working on.

The AURA project is complete. The new project is Ghatak. Aura was only meant to study technologies for flying wing UCAVs.

Aura Project is a secret program, and no information on public domain.

In short 5th Gen warfare is not about 5 Gen fighter plane like F-22, F-35 or PAK FA but there is an important piece, which everyone fails to see, and that piece is the which many called a sixth Gen fighter plaane --------------------- Aura in case of India. Would explain in detail, in a thread I am working with. Right now only US have that Piece, and Russia, Europe and China started working on.

That's great, tag me when you post it.:tup:

Back
Top Bottom