What's new

GSLV mK III with SRE-2 atop to be launched in April 2014

Second one with indigenous cryo would be launched by August September of this year itself.

Yes.

It will be GSLV MK II D 6.

Our powerful Cryo for GSLV Mk 3 is ready. it will be used in 2016 in its first flight. Our Semi cryos are are under development which is about to over. It will be used as booster or in Second stage (I do not know exactly). this combo of Cryo and semi cryo will give us over 6 tons capability in Geo and over 15 tons in Leo.

You are talking about ULV.

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCoQFjAA&url=http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=31827.0&ei=vfTUUoDTFs79rAeRt4HYAw&usg=AFQjCNGHpFIzbgfgwhMS4WP3niczvpzffw&bvm=bv.59378465,d.bmk

India will develops a new series of SLV

Last edited:
Cryogenic engine means the fuel should be very low temp ,right ?

But kerosene can be kept at normal temp ,I stil do not get it .

And what is the oxidizer of GLSV ?
Cryogenic engines have liquid hydrogen as fuel and liquid oxyngen as oxidiser. Semi-cryogenic has liquids at room temperature, ex. Kerosene, as fuel and liquid oxygen as oxydiser.. in some cases methane is fuel. Staged combustion cycle cryogenic engines have the highest specific impulse of all rocket engines...

Compared to US , our tech is really a piece of cake , a little bit frustrated !:undecided:

-2-37-.gif

Cryogenic engine means the fuel should be very low temp ,right ?

But kerosene can be kept at normal temp ,I stil do not get it .

And what is the oxidizer of GLSV ?

Cryo engines don't use kerosene- it's LOH+ LOX, maximum efficiency and power but more complexity. Semi is simpler coz only oxygen is liquid.

Compared to US , our tech is really a piece of cake , a little bit frustrated !:undecided:

Great distances are covered in short strides with great perseverance !!!

They had money and they imported best talent from the world after world war 2... We only started now in full swing..

US greatly benefited by WWII. The war never reached its mainland....its industry remained robust in fact flourished in contrast to that of USSR and European nations ...
Besides exodus of all intellect from Europe especially German jew scientists etc benefited US immensely .

among all victors of WW II . US was the greatest beneficiary ....UK was the biggest looser . It lost all of its empire ...

Russia has to be credited for amazing come back despite near total destruction by Nazi Germany ....!!!

Friend ,they had money and best talents .They developed first cryogenic engine in 1962.Something India developed after 50 years .

Thank you India! :D A golden opportunity which should not be missed by PAF. I hope PAF stations some JF-17s armed with air-launched Chinese ASATs in Srilanka when the launch happens.

Thank you India! :D A golden opportunity which should not be missed by PAF. I hope PAF stations some JF-17s armed with air-launched Chinese ASATs in Srilanka when the launch happens.

u-mad-bro-nah-u-just-jealous.jpg

Crew Module update : Excerpt From ISRO 2012-2013 Annual Report

Pre Project activities of Human Spaceflight Programme (HSP)
The objective of Human Spaceflight Programme is to undertake a human spaceflight mission to carry a crew of two to Low Earth Orbit (LEO) and return them safely to a predefined destination on earth.
The programme is proposed to be implemented in defined phases. Currently, the pre project activities are progressing with a focus on the development of critical technologies for subsystems such as Crew Module (CM), Environmental control and Life Support System (ECLSS), Crew Escape System, etc.
As part of pre project activities, drop test of full scale Crew Module were conducted successfully to understand the deceleration characteristics and validate the estimated values of ‘g’ level, touchdown velocity and depth of penetration. Scale models of Crew Module have been realised for heat transfer studies, plasma wind tunnel tests and aero-ballistic range tests were conducted. Mortar based parachute ejection and deployment tests carried out in single and clustered configuration. Environmental simulation chamber has been realised for testing of ECLSS functional modules and flight suit systems. Flight suit has been successfully tested in vacuum chamber for leak rate assessment and material compatibility under vacuum conditions.

Why employ thunder when you have several other options........

donkeycar.jpg

Crew Module update : Excerpt From ISRO 2012-2013 Annual Report

Pre Project activities of Human Spaceflight Programme (HSP)
The objective of Human Spaceflight Programme is to undertake a human spaceflight mission to carry a crew of two to Low Earth Orbit (LEO) and return them safely to a predefined destination on earth.
The programme is proposed to be implemented in defined phases. Currently, the pre project activities are progressing with a focus on the development of critical technologies for subsystems such as Crew Module (CM), Environmental control and Life Support System (ECLSS), Crew Escape System, etc.
As part of pre project activities, drop test of full scale Crew Module were conducted successfully to understand the deceleration characteristics and validate the estimated values of ‘g’ level, touchdown velocity and depth of penetration. Scale models of Crew Module have been realised for heat transfer studies, plasma wind tunnel tests and aero-ballistic range tests were conducted. Mortar based parachute ejection and deployment tests carried out in single and clustered configuration. Environmental simulation chamber has been realised for testing of ECLSS functional modules and flight suit systems. Flight suit has been successfully tested in vacuum chamber for leak rate assessment and material compatibility under vacuum conditions.

This is VERY VERY good progress.

I am talking of a video I show on you tube where cryo of GSLV MK III is tested for 2 minutes of interval for numbers of time. It is really very Impressive. It is like a ocen of fire coming out of engine.

I am talking of a video I show on you tube where cryo of GSLV MK III is tested for 2 minutes of interval for numbers of time. It is really very Impressive. It is like a ocen of fire coming out of engine.

Please give the link to the video .

Thats what i m saying we r yet to produce our very first Semi-Cryo Engine n our current Cryo engine is a very low thrust n inefficient engine in comparision to international standards. We r still a long way to go in comparision to US n Russia, who have mastered this tech.

My time limit of 2-3 decades is for coming up with US n Russian standards in Cryo n Semi Cryo engines, similar to that used in Atlas V.

Not at all. The Indian cryo engine is not inefficient by any means.

Back
Top Bottom