What's new

GSLV mK III with SRE-2 atop to be launched in April 2014

Actually it's almost half the weight of mk 3 but launches 3 times more heavier payload. It' mix of Russian and US tech.

Atlas V - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are mistaken .

You have taken the weight of the base version of Atlas V which is Atlas V-401 and lift capacity of heavy version which is Atlas V HLV .

Atlas V-401 weighs 334 tons and payload capacity of 10 tons to LEO .

Atlas V HLV weighs 950 tons and payload capacity of 30 tons to LEO .

Last edited:
Actually it's almost half the weight of mk 3 but launches 3 times more heavier payload. It' mix of Russian and US tech.

467px-Atlas_V(401)_launches_with_LRO_and_LCROSS_cropped.jpg

Atlas V - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bcoz we r still atleast 2-3 decade away from the current level of US or Russian Cryo or Semi-Cryo Engine Tech in terms of thrust n miniaturization.

Plz read a bit more about Atlas V n GSLV Mk3 before u start drawing comparisions.:)

What does that Huge boosters have as fuel? Semi cryogenic boosters may enhance the payload by a great margin. I propose semi cryo booster with composite motors and new fuel in S200 to increase the payload substantially.

Bcoz we r still atleast 2-3 decade away from the current level of US or Russian Cryo or Semi-Cryo Engine Tech in terms of thrust n miniaturization.

Plz read a bit more about Atlas V n GSLV Mk3 before u start drawing comparisions.:)

We are on the threshold of developing semi cryogenic engine and higher thrust full cryo engine.

Isro developing semi-cryogenic engine: Senior Scientist - Times Of India

Actually VIkram Sarabhai proposed developing semi cryo 4 decade ago but his voice was not heared.

Research and development on semi-cryogenic propulsion engine, air breathing propulsion and re-usable launch vehicle technology are also being developed to reduce the cost of access to space. Development of critical technologies for undertaking human spaceflight has also made further progress, it added.

Recent missions of ISRO | Business Standard

Last edited:
Reusable engine will certainly give us a age over competitors in space launch and air breathing engines will give us a age in payload lifting.

We are on the threshold of developing semi cryogenic engine and higher thrust full cryo engine.

Isro developing semi-cryogenic engine: Senior Scientist - Times Of India

Actually VIkram Sarabhai proposed developing semi cryo 4 decade ago but his voice was not heared.

Research and development on semi-cryogenic propulsion engine, air breathing propulsion and re-usable launch vehicle technology are also being developed to reduce the cost of access to space. Development of critical technologies for undertaking human spaceflight has also made further progress, it added.

Recent missions of ISRO | Business Standard

Thats what i m saying we r yet to produce our very first Semi-Cryo Engine n our current Cryo engine is a very low thrust n inefficient engine in comparision to international standards. We r still a long way to go in comparision to US n Russia, who have mastered this tech.

My time limit of 2-3 decades is for coming up with US n Russian standards in Cryo n Semi Cryo engines, similar to that used in Atlas V.

Our powerful Cryo for GSLV Mk 3 is ready. it will be used in 2016 in its first flight. Our Semi cryos are are under development which is about to over. It will be used as booster or in Second stage (I do not know exactly). this combo of Cryo and semi cryo will give us over 6 tons capability in Geo and over 15 tons in Leo.

Semi-cryo, Cryo combo is way to go. Hope they will get tested soon.

What does that Huge boosters have as fuel?

S200 uses a HTPB based solid propellent .

img2lw.jpg

Semi cryogenic boosters may enhance the payload by a great margin. I propose semi cryo booster with composite motors and new fuel in S200 to increase the payload substantially.

S200 with solid fuel is there to stay .

Instead they are planning to replace the liquid fuelled second stage with semi-cryogenic stage in ULV .

Your booster looks like much longer than the others.

No wonder . It is the third largest booster in the world after the US shuttle launcher and French Ariane 5 .
Cryogenic engine with kerosene ,you guys talk about this.

Would you please elaborate this please ?

I do not know so much about this stuff

Why GSLV Mk III is important for Indian Space programme ?

The future of heavy left operations as well as Human space missions depend upon GSLV Mk III ....

One of the slides from ISRO presentations..

Slide33.JPG

Back
Top Bottom