What's new

Grumman will show off its sixth generation stealth jet fighter design during the Superbowl

what makes you think the PAK FA is better than the F-22 :coffee:

It's faster, flies higher, is more maneuverable, stealthier, has 'significantly' superior avionics, more numbers to be produced and cheaper.

Russia has been cutting it's orders for the PAK FA, so either A) it's not as good as people make it out to be or B) it's insanely expensive like $150 million each

either way I don't think it's ground shattering better than the F-22 or F-35

No, they have not been cutting orders. The Stage 1 is cheap, the Stage 2 will be expensive.

Even the Stage 1 is better than the F-22/F-35 in terms of avionics. And I mean 'significantly' better, like there's no comparison.

AL-31FN : J-10 engine supplied by Russia.
WS-15 : Yet to be flight tested on the J-20. Still years away from production.
Are you living in this world or a rookie to aircraft field.. Look i am just 16 years old (may be the youngest member on PDF) and have more information than you..

Coming to the topic:
China has made 3 prototypes of J-20 and complete operational aircraft
(yet not inducted but for testing avionics)
! flown with russian al31
1 with ws-13
1 with ws 15

Are you living in this world or a rookie to aircraft field.. Look i am just 16 years old (may be the youngest member on PDF) and have more information than you..

Coming to the topic:
China has made 4 prototypes of J-20

Haha. Then show me even one picture of the J-20 with this new engine.

Go ask the Chinese members, they will guide you.

J-20 with indigenous engine
X2oES.jpg

10ypahj.jpg

It's faster, flies higher, is more maneuverable, stealthier, has 'significantly' superior avionics, more numbers to be produced and cheaper.

No, they have not been cutting orders. The Stage 1 is cheap, the Stage 2 will be expensive.

Even the Stage 1 is better than the F-22/F-35 in terms of avionics. And I mean 'significantly' better, like there's no comparison.

faster,flies, more manerverable, than the F-35 I agree, but the F-22 I dunno.

but it's defiantly not more stealthy than the F-22 nor F-35

it has superior avionics than the F-22 but not the F-35

cheaper?? that is yet to be seen.

lol he thinks Russian maal is better than American tech. Some people are so delusional...

lol he thinks Russian maal is better than American tech. Some people are so delusional...

I just think it's too soon to say. PAK FA so far has been a little sketchy, and this is Russians first stealth plane after all.

The Stage 1 should be slower in supercruise, but Stage 2 will exceed the F-22. It's obvious that the TVC and additional control surfaces will make the PAK FA more maneuverable.

It is more stealthy than both. There is a reason for it. Something that the designers of the F-35 are not prepared for. The Israelis themselves said the F-35 won't be stealthy in less than 10 years, that's why the F-35I with ECM pods. Pods are not 'stealthy', especially emitters for ECM.

The F-35's antenna systems are not even digital. PAK FA is fully digital. It makes a huge difference. Huuuge difference.

$50M for the Stage 1. Don't forget the ruble has collapsed. It doesn't mean it is cheaper for the Russians though, but when you convert it to dollars, it gets really cheap.

It is. For a reason. It is because of the PAK FA that the USAF has cancelled a major future fighter development program that could take 20 years to complete and decided to induct something less capable in a shorter period of time, about 5-10 years.

For example, the F-22 and F-35 are not stealth aircraft to the PAK FA Stage 1.

The Stage 1 should be slower in supercruise, but Stage 2 will exceed the F-22. It's obvious that the TVC and additional control surfaces will make the PAK FA more maneuverable.

It is more stealthy than both. There is a reason for it. Something that the designers of the F-35 are not prepared for. The Israelis themselves said the F-35 won't be stealthy in less than 10 years, that's why the F-35I with ECM pods. Pods are not 'stealthy', especially emitters for ECM.

The F-35's antenna systems are not even digital. PAK FA is fully digital. It makes a huge difference. Huuuge difference.

$50M for the Stage 1. Don't forget the ruble has collapsed. It doesn't mean it is cheaper for the Russians though, but when you convert it to dollars, it gets really cheap.

It is. For a reason. It is because of the PAK FA that the USAF has cancelled a major future fighter development program that could take 20 years to complete and decided to induct something less capable in a shorter period of time, about 5-10 years.

For example, the F-22 and F-35 are not stealth aircraft to the PAK FA Stage 1.
How can you compare it with something that is already operational to a something that has yet to reach production let alone IOC. You are so delusional. anyway it doesn't not in anyway Diminish US superior industry capacity that India and Russia can only imagine having

How can you compare it with something that is already operational to a something that has yet to reach production let alone IOC. You are so delusional. anyway it doesn't not in anyway Diminish US superior industry capacity that India and Russia can only imagine having

First they said it's not even flying.
Then they said it's not even finished testing.
Next they will say it's not even in production.

What after that?

India isn't important, the PAK FA is a Russian project. And their industry is more than a match for the Americans, especially now that they have made a pretty big advancement in electronics over the Americans.

The stuff that's on the PAK FA 'today', the Americans have only recently started development. And for now, they are buying this stuff from the British for their older aircraft like the F-15.

This stuff ain't delusional. It's a fact.

The PAK FA is the reason why the USAF doesn't want F-22s anymore.
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/usaf-wants-on-time-f-x-not-more-f-22s-422950/
“Because we want to do it faster and don’t want to do another 20-year development programme for a whole host of reasons, we’ll try and go with technology that are at a high readiness level now with manufacturing capabilities that are at a high readiness level now,” Lt Gen James Holmes tells a Senate Armed Services subcommittee panel in response to questions about restarting F-22 production.

The USAF wouldn't be in such a big hurry if the upcoming threats were no longer advanced enough.

Dude, we know for a fact that the Rafale that we ordered is better than the F-35. Forget comparing the Rafale to the PAK FA. It is on a whole 'nother level.

This is a quote from a Russian Deputy CEO for KRET when talking about technologies that will go on the PAK FA.
As you understand, this project will significantly undermine the stealth technology so popular across the pond today.

It's really important to understand that fact. It's not delusion.

First they said it's not even flying.
Then they said it's not even finished testing.
Next they will say it's not even in production.

What after that?

India isn't important, the PAK FA is a Russian project. And their industry is more than a match for the Americans, especially now that they have made a pretty big advancement in electronics over the Americans.

The stuff that's on the PAK FA 'today', the Americans have only recently started development. And for now, they are buying this stuff from the British for their older aircraft like the F-15.

This stuff ain't delusional. It's a fact.

The PAK FA is the reason why the USAF doesn't want F-22s anymore.
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/usaf-wants-on-time-f-x-not-more-f-22s-422950/
“Because we want to do it faster and don’t want to do another 20-year development programme for a whole host of reasons, we’ll try and go with technology that are at a high readiness level now with manufacturing capabilities that are at a high readiness level now,” Lt Gen James Holmes tells a Senate Armed Services subcommittee panel in response to questions about restarting F-22 production.

The USAF wouldn't be in such a big hurry if the upcoming threats were no longer advanced enough.

Dude, we know for a fact that the Rafale that we ordered is better than the F-35. Forget comparing the Rafale to the PAK FA. It is on a whole 'nother level.

This is a quote from a Russian Deputy CEO for KRET when talking about technologies that will go on the PAK FA.
As you understand, this project will significantly undermine the stealth technology so popular across the pond today.

It's really important to understand that fact. It's not delusion.
Oh yes exactly ! Typical Indian delusion. How many Hi tech stealth aircrafts have US fielded as compared to Russia ?
  1. F-117 Nighthawk
  2. B-2 Spirit
  3. f-22
  4. f-35
And How many has Russia actually fielded? NONE ZERO ZILCH

and yet somehow without any prior experience Russia has this formidable beast ? A d the way America moved one step at a time and gained valuable experience is just to be disregarded because a bharti like you says so :lol:

Do you realise how dumb you sound ?

Russia suddenly wakes up from long slumber to field THE most advanced electronic, stealth and avionics jet ? A giant leap from its old rusty MIG and SU, hard to operate ancient series ? As opposed to US in terms of electronics

US has always kept the edge and will maintain it always. ( thats just their philosophy of work) , that just not mean that their tech has become obsolete, They will always that ''edge''.

If I take your word for it, then I wonder why the Hi tech Stuff India imports from US, such as P8i, c-17 Globemaster and Specifically requested the Reaper drone.

Last edited:
Just leave him to his thoughts @salarsikander . No reason to get worked up over the opinion of an anonymous body on the internet, it'll only lead to you being reprimanded. He's entitled to think what he wants to and you're entitled to disagree with him, I also disagree with his views, but lets just leave him to them.

No reason to further a fruitless discussion where neither side will see each others views as anything other then misguided.
As you always throw some hi tech goodie knowledge. Please for me this time enlighten us with your knowledge. As what are the requirements of 6 generation craft and how US has used Hi tech drone(reaper) tech to climb up the ladder to reach sixth generation

Back
Top Bottom