What's new

Gripen, Rafale, Typhoon On Malaysian MRCA Wishlist

@Vauban has india signed for them rafales yet its been 4 years :p:

You and your buddy @mike2000 is back will never stop to make fun about this situation,Lol.
According to some sources in the indian defence ministry circle,the deal might be signed this month as they want the signature to be accelerated.
Take it the way you want,but we've always seen and be told that the deal will be signed soon ;
Let's take a look at the 'it will be signed' saga for the year 2015-2016.

-It will be signed during Modi's visit in France. (April 2015.)
-It will be signed in the following weeks.
-It will be signed before the end of the year 2015.
-It will be signed during India's republic day since Hollande is the honor guest.
-It will be signed before the end of the 2015-2016 indian fiscal year.
-It will be signed in June 2016.

Now we are waiting,and Dassault said that the ball is in their court.
I bet the deal wouldn't even be signed before the french presidential elections,but that's my guess of course,Lol.

Last edited:
You and your buddy @mike2000 is back will never stop to make fun about this situation,Lol.
According to some sources in the indian defence ministry circle,the deal might be signed this month as they want the signature to be accelerated.
Take it the way you want,but we've always seen and be told that the deal will be signed soon ;

-It will be signed during India's republic day since Hollande is the honor guest.

Now we are waiting,and Dassault said that the ball is in their camp.
I bet the deal wouldn't even be signed before the french presidential elections,but that's my guess of course,Lol.
you know were just messing with ya, it's only banter. im sure you can take that right?:unsure:

well Abingdonboy said it will be this month. so i will take it from him

when is the french elections?

best air to air fighter

not according to the India and her Su-30MKI

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/indian-air-forces-top-guns-score-wins-in-the-uk-1204336

This myth/hoax has already been dispelled several times on here. It was also claimed that the Typhoon beat U.S lost advanced fighter F-22 raptor during exercises, guess it means our typhoon outclassed your Raptors ??:rofl:

Moreover, Western fighter jets still have a qualitative edge over Russian fighters overall. Only the latest Russian fighters like SU-35 can match European powers fighters like Britain's Typhoons and France's Rafale . :)

you know were just messing with ya, it's only banter. im sure you can take that right?:unsure:

well Abingdonboy said it will be this month. so i will take it from him

when is the french elections?

April 23rd and May 7th 2017. Whoever wins will not question this deal,but just sayin'. :D

April 23rd and May 7th 2017. Whoever wins will not question this deal,but just sayin'. :D
whats your guess? if they miss it by april the 23rd then its a waste and no deal even you guys will be like F*ck it.

This myth/hoax has already been dispelled several times on here. It was also claimed that the Typhoon beat U.S lost advanced fighter F-22 raptor during exercises, guess it means our typhoon outclassed your Raptors ??:rofl:

Moreover, Western fighter jets still have a qualitative edge over Russian fighters overall. Only the latest Russian fighters like SU-35 can match European powers fighters like Britain's Typhoons and France's Rafale . :)
they typhoon and the raptors are quiet similar in terms of technological ability. the f22 has stealth and some part agility but that will change with the eb havinf thrust vectoring and 30% improved aerodynimics among other improvements.

whats your guess? if they miss it by april the 23rd then its a waste and no deal even you guys will be like F*ck it.

Well,even if we get orders from other countries by then,we would still need the indian order to somewhat maintain the production line,accelerate the rate of production and of course recruit more workers + money for Dassault for the R&D.
I will be optimistic and say that it will be signed before the end of this year. :D

MMRCA was put on hold before that unfortunately. But a better MoU was signed.

Negotiations process began only in May.

Offsets, industrial production and ToT were added.

An early IGA was signed. It added MII. I believe new configuration also was added. And they were discussing customization.

Unfortunately, price became an issue. Since MII was added, negotiations took a different turn.

We will know the minute CNC submits report to Parrikar this month.

You will lose the bet. :D Both Rafale and FGFA are to be signed within a span of a few weeks now.

How many deals have you seen that are of Indian Rafale's scale and are completed in barely a year?

Now we are waiting,and Dassault said that the ball is in their camp.

Lool Good luck with that.:)
delayhealth-care-delay-cartoon-obama1.gif

Well,even if we get orders from other countries by then,we would still need the indian order to somewhat maintain the production line,accelerate the rate of production and of course recruit more workers + money for Dassault for the R&D.
I will be optimistic and say that it will be signed before the end of this year. :D

Obviously France will never back off from this deal, that will be stupid, since you people have absolutely nothing to lose wautibg for the deal to be signed(notwithstanding the time it takes), the seller never losses anyway, its the buyer that is always under more pressure as there could be changes that will complicate the deal and technology available at that time and increasing costs.etc.
So you have nothing at all to lose waiting even 4 to 5 more years.:enjoy:

you also need to take into account the pound is stronger than the dollar

so F/A 18= $70 million and Eurofighter= $100 million by your number, but I believe it's more like $140 million each going by the Kuwait deal not including the service contract which would bump that number up to more like $250 million or $300 million each

heck Malaysian can just buy 18 F/A 18 and buy 4 or 5 E-2D to go with them, and possibility MQ-4C Tritons.

18 F/A 18 Advance Super Hornets w/ 10 year service= $190 million each=$3,420,000,000
288 AIM-120D= $350,000,000
144 AIM-9X= $72,000,000
108 AGM-84N Harpoon Block II+= $160,000,000
1000 JDAM and PAVEWAY kits= $25,000,000
324 Brimestone Missiles= $32,500,000

5 E-2D= $1,000,000,000
10 MQ-4C=$1,200,000,000

that's a little more $6.3 billion dollars

not sure if Europeans could match that bang for buck with Typhoon,Rafale, and Gripen..

To all here. A jet is only as good as the armaments and targeting it comes with. If malaysia bought the F-18 Super Hornets, they won't be getting the missiles that usually comes with it. FYI the US does not sell certain missiles or armaments to some Muslim countries that are considered "problematic" (Read non-Saudi Arabia). So malaysia will only get shiny jets minus all the bells and whistles.

Excellent remark ( and welcome to PDF ) Riff
but too bad it was to a post from last summer.

Check posting dates at left of green ribbon/box
right above the avatar image and have fun.

Great day to you, Tay.

Back
Top Bottom