What's new

Greece to put sanctions on Turkey over Hagia Sophia conversion

Greece to put sanctions on Turkey over Hagia Sophia conversion

PAUL ANTONOPOULOS

45 MINS AGO

Greece will be putting sanctions against Turkey for its decision to convert Hagia Sophia into a mosque.

“Erdoğan made a historic mistake, a mistake that creates a gap, I hope it is not bridged,” government spokesman Stelios Petsas told SKAI earlier. Petsas emphasised that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan made a “wrong decision”.

“Greece condemns this action and will do everything in its power to have consequences for Turkey,” he said, adding that “everything is on the table and the possibility of sanctions not only from Europe but also from international organisations, such as UNESCO.”

He added that “there is no doubt that we will proceed with some form of sanctions,” without giving further details what these sanctions will entail.

“Anyone who violates international law must understand that for this delinquent behaviour there are sanctions that hurt,” said Petsas. “The issue of Hagia Sophia is an international issue. The only sure thing is that such a delinquent behaviour and such a great insult should have a similar response.”

Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis, provoked by the decision of Erdoğan to sign the decree for the conversion of Hagia Sophia into a mosque, in a written statement on Friday night expressed the unequivocal condemnation of Greece.

“Greece strongly condemns Turkey’s decision to turn Hagia Sophia into a mosque. This decision – and in fact 85 years since its proclamation as a museum – offends its universal character. It is a choice that also offends all those who recognise the monument as a property of world culture. And, of course, it affects not only Turkey’s relations with Greece. But also its relations with the European Union, UNESCO and the global community as a whole. It is unfortunate that the Turkish leadership, which worked for the Alliance of Civilizations in 2005, is now choosing to move in the opposite direction,” he said.

https://greekcitytimes.com/2020/07/...tions-on-turkey-over-hagia-sophia-conversion/

How many mosques do they have in Greece?

Isn't Greece bankrupt??

Lol what is this nonsense??.

Janab, everything I said is the truth. I knew this charlatan Imran N Hosein personally for many years, when Dr. Israr Ahmad RA was still alive. He left Tanzeem due to his insistence that he need not study basics of Islam, as he specializes only in Qiyamat signs and Riba.

Recently Imran N Hosein sent curses on Pakistan and stated quite clearly that Kashmiris should give up their rights to their territory to appease Hindus and Modi. He made takfir on all Muslim conquerors and deemed Islamic presence in South Asia as illegal and oppressive.

The same thing he said for Turks, whom he calls kaffir as well and even personally made this announcement in Belgrade, Serbia to a crowd of fanatical Islamophobes. He regularly meets with Orthodox scholars in Russia.

It is good that he has been rejected by the vast majority of Muslims, but some misguided people still follow him.

I’m not a Greece expert by any means, but I wasn’t aware they even had that kind of power.

Ecqctz8XoAEUg-n

How many mosques remained in Greece?
Please do not count the hidden masjids that do not see the sun in the basements.

An individual who has not written a single word about this subject throughout his life and even has not expressed his objection before this in PDF; If today defends Greece theses about Ayasofya, there is a great hypocrisy and even invertebrate situation.

Thanks for these statistics, it is quite surprising. Even Pakistan has numerous Churches, Hindu temples, Sikh temples, and I have even seen synagogues. Buildings are more numerous than the adherents of these faiths. Yet we are painted as anti-minority, although in Pakistan, we have special seats in the national assembly and many aid organizations to help minoritirs. Even I am part of some of them.

@PakFactor Bro, he is proven troll which is always triggered when someones talk about Turkey or Turkish people. Last year, I noticed 7 or 8 people and followed them carefully what they spreading about Turks.. And every time, my work proved to be reliable. Never Surprised.

Last month, he was cryin again while saying that Istanbul's actual name is Konstantionopol. Of course, he did not write anything in PDF once, about the names of Lebanon, Iraq, Cezayir, Palestine, Libya or the cities of some Egypt before islamic conquests. While the ancient civilizations were falling, especially with the rise of Rome; Latino and Greek culture were dominant in the Mediterranean coastal cities and the middle east. It was the Islamic expansion that changed this situation.

When an issue arises though related to Turkey, always they starting to show a fake conscience. They then pour out their poisons with many insults and sometimes post-truth strategies. I recommend not taking him too seriously.

You have to study the mindset of those who come here to badmouth Turkey.

You have Euro-fascist gang, Hindu radicals, Iranian supporters (even Iraqis, a half Latin-Pakistani, and a Nigerian, lol,) and ofcourse Iranians themselves. Think about what they have in common to always put down Turkey.

You have some Pakistanis who want Pakistan to idolize Iran, Russia, or US, they hate to see Pakistan so close to Turkey. It upsets their frame of mind.

Here, as I said earlier is only the case of Imran N Hosein, a scholar who has abandoned Muslims and Islam to become a puppet of Russians and Indians.

These people see Turkey rising up and are very upset.

Sounds good bro. It just Kurdoglu's like him silently do more damage to our cause on the side.

Check this quote from Imran N Hosein.

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that the martyrs (shuhada) in that battle of 1452 were not those misguided Muslims who died while conquering Constantinople. Rather, the martyrs (Shuhada) were those brave Orthodox Christians who died while defending Constantinople.

http://imranhosein.org/articles/isl...-with-enough-love-to-last-until-the-great-war

He also famously declared those Pakistani soldiers who died fighting against TTP as not Shuhadah, this is his view which he constantly airs in declaring Pakistan an illegitimate state which needs to be done away with, anytime Pakistan is mentioned by a questioner.

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that the martyrs (shuhada) in that battle of 1452 were not those misguided Muslims who died while conquering Constantinople. Rather, the martyrs (Shuhada) were those brave Orthodox Christians who died while defending Constantinople.

Amazing. Sometimes you wonder why people would ruin their akhira over such trivial issues.

The "Conquest of Constantinople" is after the Malhama has begun. To equate that to what the Prophet Alaihi Salaat-u-Wassalam prophecized, shows how inadequate some are intellectually.
Imran Hosein has got too much in your head -- He has completely lost his mind, his ego isn't letting him realize that he has gone astray ---- In his mind, he believes that the Rum mentioned in Quran is present day Russia (could be or could be not) ------ I have asked him so many times about the atrocities committed by Russians against Muslims, he never responds.

Check this quote from Imran N Hosein.

http://imranhosein.org/articles/isl...-with-enough-love-to-last-until-the-great-war

He also famously declared those Pakistani soldiers who died fighting against TTP as not Shuhadah, this is his view which he constantly airs in declaring Pakistan an illegitimate state which needs to be done away with, anytime Pakistan is mentioned by a questioner.
Vestagfirullah!! This heretic is a Murted and Munafik of the highest order...

As a Muslim, perhaps you have been ignorant to the fact that Nabi Muhammad Alaihi Salaat-u-Wassalam would not ever have done so. The proof of this fact is enacted by Hazrat Umar RadiAllah ta'aalah anho, who refused the invitation of the Christians to pray in their Church, upon the Muslim conquest of Jerusalem. He refused to pray in the Church, on grounds that some where in the future, some Muslims would use this incident as a pretext to converting the Church into a Masjid.

So your whole story about Ottoman Sultan purchasing the Hagia Sophia, and then converting it into a Masjid, has zero credibility whatsoever. I am sure that the Ottoman leader meant well and did it with the utmost care. However, his act, no matter how civil, does not conform to what Nabi Muhammad Alaihi Salaat-u-Wassalam would do.

Also, your arrogance only blinds your ability to intellectually approach the subject. It has no effect on my capacity to respond to you. The "atypical" people of your nature, I come across on a daily basis, it ain't my first rodeo, friend.

Letting it remain a museum is more respectful? Or letting it achieve the highest status of respect in Islam is more appropriate? What would you prefer for a mosque in an area where there are no Muslims or very few Muslims?

If that land was purchased and paid for then you have to understand the real intent of the purchaser and not throw baseless accusations .... you will end up slandering. It was way of showing respect that he bought the land and made it compulsory for Muslims to respect it ..... instead converting it to a horse stable.

good step they should ban high rank Turkish officials those whom involved in this crime .

Janab, everything I said is the truth. I knew this charlatan Imran N Hosein personally for many years, when Dr. Israr Ahmad RA was still alive. He left Tanzeem due to his insistence that he need not study basics of Islam, as he specializes only in Qiyamat signs and Riba.

Recently Imran N Hosein sent curses on Pakistan and stated quite clearly that Kashmiris should give up their rights to their territory to appease Hindus and Modi. He made takfir on all Muslim conquerors and deemed Islamic presence in South Asia as illegal and oppressive.

The same thing he said for Turks, whom he calls kaffir as well and even personally made this announcement in Belgrade, Serbia to a crowd of fanatical Islamophobes. He regularly meets with Orthodox scholars in Russia.

It is good that he has been rejected by the vast majority of Muslims, but some misguided people still follow him.

Looks like a crackhead or a complete sellout

Back
Top Bottom