What's new

Greatest Historical Military General in the Middle-East?

Basic knowledge or specific battles?
No no, all history...I mean starting to end...I have got a Urdu book on it but it doesn't seem great...!
I have read mostly about Crusade history and about Alexander...But like to read on modern wars now, WW2..!

No no, all history...I mean starting to end...I have got a Urdu book on it but it doesn't seem great...!
I have read mostly about Crusade history and about Alexander...But like to read on modern wars now, WW2..!

Check your profile page.Tell me if u have problem with links.

My heart says Ataturk because he wasn't just an outstanding tactician and a strategist but because he was a good human being probably the most civilized person in that list

but the reality is, all of them combined wouldn't be as dangerous as Timur... the man was the biggest killing machine since Genghis Khan. And that's saying a lot.

Please enlighten us all what Mr. Mustafa Kemal Ataturk achieved as a general ??

In my opinion top 3 are Hazrat Umar RA, Hazrat Khalid RA and Sultan Salahudin Ayubi RA.

Hazrat Umar RA, he managed to conqure Persia(Sassanid Empire) and Syria(Roman, Byzentine Empire).

Hazrat Khalid RA, he was a main general for Hazrat Abu Bakr RA and Hazrat Umar and always short of supplies. He used to fight with forces those are double in numbers and supplies.

Sultan Salahuddin Ayubi RA, He pushed back crusades where they belong and get back jerusalem and it remain in muslim hand for almost 1000 years.

Please enlighten us all what Mr. Mustafa Kemal Ataturk achieved as a general ??

In my opinion top 3 are Hazrat Umar RA, Hazrat Khalid RA and Sultan Salahudin Ayubi RA.

Hazrat Umar RA, he managed to conqure Persia(Sassanid Empire) and Syria(Roman, Byzentine Empire).

Hazrat Khalid RA, he was a main general for Hazrat Abu Bakr RA and Hazrat Umar and always short of supplies. He used to fight with forces those are double in numbers and supplies.

Sultan Salahuddin Ayubi RA, He pushed back crusades where they belong and get back jerusalem and it remain in muslim hand for almost 1000 years.
Ataturk banded together remnants of the Ottoman Empire and defeated back the combined forces of Armenians, French, Kurdish and Greek forces which were backed by and supported by Italy, USA and the British.

Quite right.

Nobody knows morality but a Muslim.

Nobody is exempt from the laws of evidence but a Muslim holy figure.

The rest of humanity is so obviously trash.
He was under the teachings of Prophet (S.A.W) and also his close companion. Any doubt about him is a doubt about the teachings of Prophet (S.A.W) himself and He is undoubtedly the greatest of all teachers mankind would ever witness.

Hindus are using this thread for derogatory remarks against Caliphs of Islam. They should understand the importance of these personalities for Muslims. Don't misquote the history of Islam and don't use such words that one was jealous of another...........
If you don't know the history of Islam then please don't comment on it. Muslims are sensitive on blasphemy issue. Hindus should comment about their own religion. Our religion prohibits us to post derogatory remarks against anyone's religion so that other should not use same language against Islam.

Moderators should limit the audience on this thread or close it for further replies!

Quite right.

Nobody knows morality but a Muslim.

Nobody is exempt from the laws of evidence but a Muslim holy figure.

The rest of humanity is so obviously trash.
No sir, that's not the case and that's not what I said... Please don't put your words in my mouth... You are taking it wrong...totally wrong...!
Hazrat Umar R.A has very important status in Islam... But leave it, I'll not expect you to understand Muslim's POV...! Thanks

No sir, that's not the case and that's not what I said... Please don't put your words in my mouth... You are taking it wrong...totally wrong...!
Hazrat Umar R.A has very important status in Islam... But leave it, I'll not expect you to understand Muslim's POV...! Thanks

The point is that there should not be either a Muslim or any other POV in discussing this. I do not honestly speaking see things in that light; I see a bias in Hindu members' posts, and in Christians' posts and in Muslims' posts equally clearly, and with equal lack of sympathy.

And those doubts are forbidden?

This was about generals and the art of war. When generals and the art of war are under discussion, where is the scope for your religious feeling to come surging in? If you do not want to discuss military theory, feel free; this is not, and was not a religious discussion, and it is terrible that some of you convert all your inability to address a simple issue into a religious war on those who have said things that you dislike and cannot answer.

As far as limiting the audience is concerned, the overly religious and bigoted such as you should be banned. Fortunately, this is no longer my problem.
this is how you reply by abusing! this is your mentality! you don't deserve to be on this forum!

If that is the case what is the explanation of khalid taking the initiative and leading the meccan cavalry against the muslim army led by muhammad at the battle of uhud,which led to their defeat?Did he have muhammad's hair there too?
Don't try to bring religion into everything,khalid was a naturally brilliant general.

Hazrat Khalid was not a muslim at that time. But yes he was still a brilliant general.

Back
Top Bottom