What's new

Greater China Education, School & University: News & Discussions

For 90+% foreigners, the only job they can find in China is teaching English which is only provided to people from English-speaking countries, India is not one of them. There used to be people from Europe faking to be from UK/USA, now rules are very strict....Remaining 10% are mostly working for their own country's companies in China.
That is true for big cities, but you can work in 2nd and 3rd tier cities. I have worked in zhenjiang, yangzhou, jiangyin and few jobs in nanjing. I write here from my personal experience. A few of my friends have even started english coaching classes there.

Chemical Engineering.
Why don't you try my University.
http://oec.ujs.edu.cn/en/admission/detail?cid=102&id=102&course_id=799

That is true for big cities, but you can work in 2nd and 3rd tier cities. I have worked in zhenjiang, yangzhou, jiangyin and few jobs in nanjing. I write here from my personal experience. A few of my friends have even started english coaching classes there.
Formal jobs are getting increasingly difficult.
The new visa policy......That Indian friend of mine has to leave China and reenter every year.
They used to do it in Hong Kong, but now this easy way is blocked....

He wanna try the top one....

If you want to work in India, Chinese degree may not be valuable even if they are from Tshinghua or Peking . Doing your masters from US or UK is a better idea. Even better idea is to get masters from either IITs or IIMs.

Formal jobs are getting increasingly difficult.
The new visa policy......That Indian friend of mine has to leave China and reenter every year.
They used to do it in Hong Kong, but now this easy way is blocked....

He wanna try the top one....
Come on man. My University might not be one of the top ones at the moment, but its ranking will definitely go up. Trust me when i say Jiangda's campus is one of the best. I had a good time there.

That amount is more than sufficient for a student.
I spent less than 1000 yuan per month in Shanghai.

Come on man. My University might not be one of the top ones at the moment, but its ranking will definitely go up. Trust me when i say Jiangda's campus is one of the best. I had a good time there.
I know Jiangsu Province has invested a lot in higher education.

If you want to work in India, Chinese degree may not be valuable even if they are from Tshinghua or Peking . Doing your masters from US or UK is a better idea. Even better idea is to get masters from either IITs or IIMs.
One has a better chance of getting in an Ivy League Universities than in IITs and IIMs.

I spent less than 1000 yuan per month in Shanghai.
I have been through something like that when I had bought my bike there.

One has a better chance of getting in an Ivy League Universities than in IITs and IIMs.

It is true to any country's top local university. But that does not mean that local university is top-notch. My province has 360,000 high school graduates taking part in this year's college entrance exam, among them only 300 can go to China's top2.

A university is to cultivate thinker, not a technician which vocational schools can produce.

If I study in my hometown's best university, 800 yuan per month is enough. But since I get paid in postgraduate program, I move out....Then easily I spend 5000 yuan per month in Shanghai.

Chemical Engineering.
Which professional direction do you want to choose?

Chemical department score ranking:
rank.jpg

Source:http://www.cdgdc.edu.cn/xwyyjsjyxx/xxsbdxz/

Beijing university(94) has the best educational resources for chemistry students.
Then are Nankai University(90),Nanjing University(90),Jilin University(88) and Fudan University(88).

No, it is not always true. Yes, certain programs in IITs and IIMs are difficult to get especially if it is B.Tech from top 6 IITs or MBA from top three IIMs, but now a days IITs and IIMs have many programs that are not that hard to get into. And moreover, we have lot new IITs and IIMs

Depends on the field; i know of Harbin Institute of Technology. Family member went there to get his doctorate done.

Fancy guy from South Africa going to such cool place!!
I could have been admitted to HIT,however I am afraid of coldness!

What are you studying in China?

And is 3000 RMB enough for a month's expenditure?
The seniors tell us 1000RMB is enough for a month.

1000 RMB is enough for a month in cities like Shanghai? I dont believe you :P

I will study in Xi'an,not Shanghai.:p: @AndrewJin

Why not find jobs in Changzhou,Wuxi&Suzhou?
These cities are the most developed cities in Jiangsu province.

On campus, enough. School accommodation for my Uni in Shanghai costs 1500 yuan per year. A meal costs 5 yuan, breakfast 2-3 yuan. Haircut on campus costs 8-10 yuan.

1000 yuan in Xi'an? I suppose u will need 800 yuan.

Why not find jobs in Changzhou,Wuxi&Suzhou?
These cities are the most developed cities in Jiangsu province.
I was not alone, I had competition.
I have been all those cities, especially Changzhou. My gf's uncle was one of the designing engineers of 'China Dinosaurs Park', so entry was free. :p:

Back
Top Bottom