What's new

Greater China Education, School & University: News & Discussions

this makes me wonder: how many of them will get a liberal arts degree at significantly higher cost than the same degree back home, but with equal reward (i.e. no direct employment paths)?

To strengthen his application, the father of one boy flew him in a private plane to Tibet, just for a day, so that he could make a video of him aiding poor minorities
Wow says a lot about the genuineness of charity :what:.

China leads QS World University Rankings for BRICS countries
2016-07-21 18:10:41
95d065b9e1474345841a7f570823866c.jpg

China's educational institutions have dominated the QS World University Rankings for BRICS countries released on July 20, which offers a comparison among leading universities in Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
In the overall rankings, China wins the top five positions with Tsinghua University taking the lead, followed by Peking University, Fudan University, the University of Science and Technology of China, and Shanghai Jiao Tong University.

Statistics published by QS shows China is notable for being the most-represented country. With 23 listings in the top 50, it has almost three times as many entries as India or Russia, which each boast eight spots in the rankings.

Brazilian institutions appear seven times on the list.

According to a report on topuniversities.com, "accounting for 42% of the world's population", the five BRICS countries, also known as the emerging major players in the world economy, have all given priority to education in enhancing comprehensive development.

Established in 1990, QS has been regarded as one of three most influential global university rankings, along with Times Higher Education World University Rankings and Academic Ranking of World Universities.

BRICS ranking is totally $#%
Moscow State in a lot of rankings is nowhere to be seen.
Better than Zhejiang? lol

f8bc126e4b231902a4e301.jpg

The Institute of Science and Technology for Brain-Inspired Intelligence at Fudan University released the results of its most recent research project on July 25. The project earns Fudan the distinction of becoming the first university to map out the brain functional network, Xinmin Evening News reported.

Feng Jianfeng, president of the institute, explained that the research was originally intended to study the dynamic variation of the brain in mental diseases such as dissociation and depression. However, the research unexpectedly made a breakthrough on the analysis of human intelligence.

According to the research, the areas of the brain responsible for studying and memory are highly changeable. Meanwhile, the areas weakly correlated with intelligence include the visual, auditory and sensorimotor areas, which all have low changeability and adaptability. The research shows that high changeability leads to high intelligence and creativity.

These findings are poised to have a revolutionary impact on the development of artificial intelligence. Currently, artificial intelligence devices are neither changeable nor adaptable. Now, the institute's brain functional network graph can be used to build advanced artificial neural networks, which would enable computers to study, grow and adapt. The discovery will also help in the treatment and prevention of mental illnesses.

I am looking for info regarding the stipends on offer, admission process etc.

How much stipend do students receive for a Master's degree in Tshinghua or Peking?

@AndrewJin Please tag here people who may have more information on that.

Dude, why did you tag me?

I have nothing near a masters. I have a degree in business and majored in accounting. Not exactly academic in background and poor in ambition.

If you want advice, here is mine.

Get out of India, pay is bad and prospects grim. You could be a doctor there and be paid less than a train attendant in Australia.

I have nothing near a masters. I have a degree in business and majored in accounting. Not exactly academic in background and poor in ambition.

Get out of India, pay is bad and prospects grim. You could be a doctor there and be paid less than a train attendant in Australia.

He should go back to India and help his country reach superpower status by 2030 instead of posting anti-China news and than asking Chinese members to help him out

:lol:

Btw, are you certified accountant?

He should go back to India and help his country reach superpower status by 2030 instead of posting anti-China news and than asking Chinese members to help him out

:lol:

Btw, are you certified accountant?

Worked in accounting briefly but quit years ago.

I thought you were a PhD candidate. Who was it then?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom