What's new

Great singer Adnan Sami receives Padma Shri award from Indian President, meets Modi

Few of the honored

Yes, those are the decent people and should be recognized and awarded but what contribution did Kangana and that sadhu do that they were awarded ? Kangana's was the second Padma award.

He will be told to go back to Pakistan if his lesser known old music video of PTV days is streamed in which he acted as a Kashmiri freedom fighter. Though I couldn't find it on YouTube, Maybe it's still there in PTV archives.
na, bollywood does lots of Kashmir stuff...

na, bollywood does lots of Kashmir stuff...

"Lots of Kashmir stuff" would be an overstatement. I watched Haider in the cinema in 2014 when it was released. During that period those accursed religio-nationalist Hindutvadis vociferously called for a ban on the film because they said it was "anti-national". But it was nice that there were people who watched it anyway.

And you should watch another Kashmir film Harud. This 2010 film was made by a Kashmiri, Aamir Bashir who played the heroine's brother in Haider. It is a realistic film which in my mind looks like an Iranian film.

Clearly no agent of the ISI has achieved what he has. Well done!

Yes, those are the decent people and should be recognized and awarded but what contribution did Kangana and that sadhu do that they were awarded ? Kangana's was the second Padma award.
Atleast now you see large number of ordinary people getting these awards who have contributed to the society unlike before when the influential people uses to get most of the awards. Is that not a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom