Grand gesture: Saudi Arabia gifts 200 tons of dates to Pakistan

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
690979-datess-1396540161-211-640x480.jpg

ISLAMABAD:
In an unprecedented move, the government of Saudi Arabia gifted 200 tonnes of dates to Pakistan on Wednesday.

According to an official release, the deputy head of mission Saudi Arabia Embassy in Islamabad Jassim Mohammad Khalid Al-Khaldi formally handed over the consignment on behalf of the Kingdom to the Cabinet Division. Senior officials of the Foreign Office were also present at the time.

Director General ERC Captain Muhammad Aftab thanked Al-Khalidi on behalf of the government for the dates and expressed gratitude for the rather grand gesture of friendship.

Last month, it was revealed that the Kingdom had lent $1.5 bn to Pakistan to share up its reserves.

Previosuly, Pakistan had sought Riyadh’s help to shore up its foreign exchange reserves and meet debt-service obligations and undertake large energy and infrastructure projects, Pakistani officials told Reuters.

Grand gesture: Saudi Arabia gifts 200 tons of dates to Pakistan – The Express Tribune

I was thinking, aren't we among top 10 countries producing dates ? What happens to that ?

You're very welcome my Pakistani friend.

Pakistan is our long-standing historic ally, a friend in need is a friend indeed.

Great gesture from Saudi Arabia. Pakistan need it.

Well, I guess its only free to the government of Pakistan. Everyone of us will probably end up "buying" the dates for a "mysterious" price come Ramzaan.

They can't. We wrapped up these dates in boxes per each pack of dates.

If you would like to identify it, it should look like this:

jmD73182.jpg

No, it doesn't.

It just is that our dates is the often regarded as the best :) ..

One Kg may cost as many as $200 ..

I was thinking, aren't we among top 10 countries producing dates ? What happens to that ?

You don't have to pick these dates out.

Last edited:
You're very welcome my Pakistani friend.

Pakistan is our long-standing historic ally, a friend in need is a friend indeed.

We were not in need of dates actually :p:

Its a gift, take it and eat it with olive oil before going into bed

wow, thnx KSA, now only if i can get my hands on them

We were not in need of dates actually :p:

Its a gift, take it and eat it with olive oil before going into bed

I was actually referring to our relations with Pakistan in a broader sense.

FYI Pakistan is third largest exporter of dates.The annual production of dates in Pakistan is estimated at around 535,000 tonnes of which only 86,000 tonnes are exported and the rest are either consumed locally or perish.

It's a good will gesture, and we Pakistani appreciate that. Now anything other than usual pointless posts please.

Pakistan becomes third largest exporter of dates

Back
Top Bottom