What's new

Graham: Saudis would 'be 'speaking Farsi in about a week' without US support against Iran

Fox News... says it all.

I was going to remark that the author clearly doesn't know how lazy the Saudi's are;

But then i saw this was fox news... anyone who reads that won't get the joke.

the alphabet is almost the same but the grammar and roots and everything else are totally different you moron
Persian language is Indo-European like Hindi, English, French, German, Russian while Arabic is Semitic like Hebrew and Aramaic... Since we have thousands of years of cultural and religious mutual exchange then it is not unexpected to see lots of Persian in Turkish, Urdu, Hindi and Arabic and vice versa...

Although, as somebody fluent in Arabic I could say Arabic is very different from Persian... maybe loan words but even those loan words has Persian equivalent if one chooses to speak pure Persian.. which some do...

We have two versions of Persian these days... one is almost empty of Arabic loan words...one is filled with Arabic loan words...

Like in one Persian version: Hello is Salam while in other version which is purer Persian it is Dorud.. We have almost at least one equivalent for each Arabic loan word and it is not only for Arabic loan words... we have many French and Turkish loan words too... but if one can speak without any loanwords if they chose to... but this Arabic loan word version is preferred by many as this is the version in place for sometime now..

Senator's argument is that KSA stood no chance at stopping Iraq or Iran [on its own], if either had chosen to roll over it. That US have protected KSA from external threats, and have helped KSA in building its defenses over time. No rocket science in here.

Short version: KSA cannot cope with challenges of the Middle East [on its own].

This statement: "If it weren't for the United States they’d be speaking Farsi in about a week in Saudi Arabia." - is a metaphor, but the intended message carry weight.

Last edited:
Senator's argument is that KSA stood no chance at stopping Iraq or Iran [on its own], if either had chosen to roll over it. That US have protected KSA from external threats, and have helped KSA in building its defenses over time. No rocket science in here.

Short version: KSA cannot cope with challenges of the Middle East [on its own].

This statement: "If it weren't for the United States they’d be speaking Farsi in about a week in Saudi Arabia." - is a metaphor, but the intended message carry weight.

Once US completely withdrew from Iraq, or once the US stop supporting some groups within Iraq, the peace will get return to Iraq. In coming days, Iraq Iraq alliance is very likely, with a friendly Kuwait, Hence paving more threats for KSA

Mind it, US is no longer in the position like 1991, to intervene in Gulf as a cakewalk, at that time USSR was about dissolve, China had no power.......... But now the position is entirely changed, China is ever more powerful in Gulf and Russia is position to utilize the basis from Syria, Iran and possibly Pakistan can also offer bases of Pasni, Jiwami, Ormara & Turbat to the Chinese. Hence, US is no longer in position to save KSA like 1990-91

Once US completely withdrew from Iraq, or once the US stop supporting some groups within Iraq, the peace will get return to Iraq. In coming days, Iraq Iraq alliance is very likely, with a friendly Kuwait, Hence paving more threats for KSA

Mind it, US is no longer in the position like 1991, to intervene in Gulf as a cakewalk, at that time USSR was about dissolve, China had no power.......... But now the position is entirely changed, China is ever more powerful in Gulf and Russia is position to utilize the basis from Syria, Iran and possibly Pakistan can also offer bases of Pasni, Jiwami, Ormara & Turbat to the Chinese. Hence, US is no longer in position to save KSA like 1990-91

Iran can not gives its land for military base to any country because its against Iran constitution low. so no country can have a military base in Iran.

Persian language is Indo-European like Hindi, English, French, German, Russian while Arabic is Semitic like Hebrew and Aramaic... Since we have thousands of years of cultural and religious mutual exchange then it is not unexpected to see lots of Persian in Turkish, Urdu, Hindi and Arabic and vice versa...

Although, as somebody fluent in Arabic I could say Arabic is very different from Persian... maybe loan words but even those loan words has Persian equivalent if one chooses to speak pure Persian.. which some do...

We have two versions of Persian these days... one is almost empty of Arabic loan words...one is filled with Arabic loan words...

Like in one Persian version: Hello is Salam while in other version which is purer Persian it is Dorud.. We have almost at least one equivalent for each Arabic loan word and it is not only for Arabic loan words... we have many French and Turkish loan words too... but if one can speak without any loanwords if they chose to... but this Arabic loan word version is preferred by many as this is the version in place for sometime now..
you dont need to teach me about persian lol but i agree with your post anyway

Iran can not gives its land for military base to any country because its against Iran constitution low. so no country can have a military base in Iran.

As I said again and again, I'm living in Gulf since many years along with my family, I have close interactions with many communities, the local Arabs, the Iranians, the Indians and the western Goras.

Iranians respect, like & love Pakistan, even far more than the Arabs do. Iranians pays respect to Pakistanis more than paying respect to the Indians.

Hence, Pakistan should have close ties with Iran, not only as a muslim country but also as a neighbor.

As I said again and again, I'm living in Gulf since many years along with my family, I have close interactions with many communities, the local Arabs, the Iranians, the Indians and the western Goras.

Iranians respect, like & love Pakistan, even far more than the Arabs do. Iranians pays respect to Pakistanis more than paying respect to the Indians.

Hence, Pakistan should have close ties with Iran, not only as a muslim country but also as a neighbor.

Yes, I live in Iran, and so far I have not seen anyone offend Pakistanis or have a bad opinion about Pakistan.

What is the type of Persian that is free of Arabic loan words called?

What is the type of Persian that is free of Arabic loan words called?
Persian! It is called THE Persian that intellectual and brains or literature and culture people use.. but it still is called Persian!!

Persian! It is called THE Persian that intellectual and brains or literature and culture people use.. but it still is called Persian!!
Sadly its not intellectual way of speaking Persian ,its professor Kazazzi way of speaking persian. only if it was him who oversaw Academy of persian language and literature not Haddad Adel who knew nothing of Persian language and even his children peons were childish.

Back
Top Bottom