What's new

Govt to invest $500m in tech parks.

Who is the MOD in this section and do you have courage to explain (other than irrational "because i said so) why you have removed my comments?

Dont lab lab like stupid. They are doing great job. And why would Joy or pulak will go to you? With few pennies they can bring people from Cisco or Microsoft. You should be grateful to them if they gave you the honor to meet you. They represent GOB. And I dont think you have the capability or know how to build a tier 4 data center. Have you ever looked inside a tier 4 datacenter?

Cisco doing cloud solution - now look who is looking stupid. Microsoft has its own solution to sell not interested building one that takes it's market share. Only idiots do not recognize that. Besides, these Awami stupids dont even know what to ask in a technical discussion, let alone thinking of a solution or using it for benefit of IT.Awami cheer leading gang deployed in PDF as usual creates false perception and that is what awami thugs are good at. What you think as awami cheerleader and sitting in Bangladesh amount to NOTING.

Last edited:
Who is the MOD in this section and do you have courage to explain (other than irrational "because i said so) why you have removed my comments?

Cisco doing cloud solution - now look who is looking stupid. Microsoft has its own solution to sell not interested building one that takes it's market share. Only idiots do not recognize that. Besides, these Awami stupids dont even know what to ask in a technical discussion, let alone thinking of a solution or using it for benefit of IT.Awami cheer leading gang deployed in PDF as usual creates false perception and that is what awami thugs are good at. What you think as awami cheerleader and sitting in Bangladesh amount to NOTING.

I'm sorry but how exactly is topcat an awami cheerleader? He is many things, but thats not one of them (he has criticized them frequently just like everyone else).

Everyone that posts something challenging you is not an awami cheerleader pal.

People can't eat , they will do tec park.
Who can't eat? People in Pakistan and India can't eat...suppose they better stop everything and feed those people first. People in America live off food stamps - I guess they better stop everything and I won't even talk about the amount of people living off benefits in the UK...

There are destitute people in Bangladesh - but that number decreases year by year. We can't progress as a nation solely off the back of unskilled labor (other nations...even poorer than Bangladesh will come in and be even more competitive in terms of pricing).

We have to build a knowledge and skill based society/economy. This INVESTMENT will pay off not now, not tomorrow - but in 5 years, in 10 years.

This lack of a vision is what set this country back in the past.

Last edited:
Who can't eat? People in Pakistan and India can't eat...suppose they better stop everything and feed those people first. People in America live off food stamps - I guess they better stop everything and I won't even talk about the amount of people living off benefits in the UK...

There are destitute people in Bangladesh - but that number decreases year by year. We can't progress as a nation solely off the back of unskilled labor (other nations...even poorer than Bangladesh will come in and be even more competitive in terms of pricing).

We have to build a knowledge and skill based society/economy. This INVESTMENT will pay off not now, not tomorrow - but in 5 years, in 10 years.

Exactly.

We can't live off of garments forever. We have to move up the value-addition hierarchy at some point (I'd say in five years we really will turn the corner to have a credible ICT back-office base and in ten more years we will have credible number of electronics exporters which is only a handful now).

This is not unlike what Korea, Taiwan, China did. China is no longer encouraging setting up garments and shoe factories, they want high tech manufacturing.

Hence they are now encouraging indigenous Huawei, ZTE network engg. products etc. for local use instead of HP and CISCO. There are now completely made in China own brand SLR cameras, lenses. Soon they will be making sensors too.

People can't eat , they will do tec park.

the fruits of the labor will come out a lot after 10 years not now
it will take more time we are now very late we should have done this in 2000 or so
many money will go for corruption and many will make money
but this will help to bring out the brightest in the country those went to Russia EU USA for work will stay in bd and do it

by the way PPL in BD can eat dont say like that yes there are poor who cannot eat every country has that

Exactly.

We can't live off of garments forever. We have to move up the value-addition hierarchy at some point (I'd say in five years we really will turn the corner to have a credible ICT back-office base and in ten more years we will have credible number of electronics exporters which is only a handful now).

This is not unlike what Korea, Taiwan, China did. China is no longer encouraging setting up garments and shoe factories, they want high tech manufacturing.

Hence they are now encouraging indigenous Huawei, ZTE network engg. products etc. for local use instead of HP and CISCO. There are now completely made in China own brand SLR cameras, lenses. Soon they will be making sensors too.

honestly i want this techy industries in BD in future and i wish we can get the best skill worker and gov maybe can make a sweet deal

ICT and Bangladesh's blue economy
Nabil Azam Dewan
It is necessary to adopt a collective strategy to tie information and communications technology (ICT) with the country's emerging policies and expertise of blue economy for garnering economic benefits. The potentials of such a grand design can usher in a new age of poverty eradication and employment generation among the disfranchised population of Bangladesh's coastal regions.

Recently, South Korean telecom giant KT took an initiative to digitise the island of Maheshkhali in Cox's Bazar district for enhancing the quality of life through ensuring an access to high-speed internet for people inhabiting Bangladesh's remote areas - such as the islands along the Bay of Bengal as well as the highlands of Chittagong Hill Tracts and Sylhet Division. Likewise, customised solutions from Bangladesh's ICT sector can serve stakeholders with basic amenities despite geographical barriers and poor infrastructure.

In order to link the islands and inland areas of Bangladesh's coastal regions, the government can provide incentives so that enterprises can build base stations over microwave networks, using multipurpose copper wires for intra-island data traffic. Eventually, the residents of the littoral islands and deltaic chars (islets) can benefit as microwave networks also sustain electricity. This is how the age-old problems of electricity shortage can be reduced without further expenses. If the coast is clear, more than 30 per cent of population per island or char is likely to use hi-speed internet initially. Therefore, the implementation of such ICT projects may build a 'virtual bridge' between Bangladesh's mainland and its littoral islands alongside the deltaic chars with a maximum internet speed of 500 mbps.

Moreover, mobile network operators (MNOs) and related ICT enterprises need to come up with tech-savvy solutions like the internet-based telephony and teleconferencing systems. Such technologies allow the students of islands and chars to attain remote education. Indeed, KT decided to provide advanced telephony system KBOX to 12 high schools at Maheshkhali in Cox's Bazar district. Arguably, this will be a revolutionary way to enhance quality education up to higher secondary levels in the future. Three times a week, Maheshkhali's schoolchildren are being offered high-standard English classes by experienced teachers based in Dhaka.

Furthermore, experts opined that the internet can also play a significant role in providing healthcare solutions to the disfranchised people of the islands and chars. Emerging hospitals deserve provisions for a mobile healthcare system powered by high-speed internet. Ultrasonic devices are crucial to a speedy medical treatment through electronic knowledge-sharing with mainland hospitals excluding any hardware. Some ICT solutions allow diagnostic features that can detect more than ten types of diseases including diabetes. To be precise, the construction of ICT infrastructure in the coastal and deltaic region can decrease the burden of Dhaka's centralised policymakers in terms of ensuring healthcare for those areas.

Implementation of ICT policies goes hand in hand with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) designed by the United Nations. The government needs to coordinate the construction of such infrastructure and make room for a wider public-public partnership in this regard. Due to the lack of communication and transportation infrastructure in Bangladesh's littoral islands and chars, a huge chunk of territories are often considered isolated from Dhaka amidst rugged terrains and hostile weather. A vast network of Wi-Fi facilities with sufficient speed can enable the locals to attain services like education, healthcare or even e-commerce. Thus, improving ICT infrastructure and merging them with Bangladesh's blue economy policies can serve a noble purpose as disfranchised residents of coastal islands and chars deserve better inclusion in the country's overall development.

So, the government should develop inclusive strategies to allow a sophisticated but praiseworthy integration of ICT and blue economy. Lastly, providing the isolated segments of Bangladesh's population with better access to public services with the help from ICT will count much.

nabil.dewan@gmail.com

http://www.thefinancialexpress-bd.com/2017/05/12/70118/ICT-and-Bangladesh's-blue-economy

Here is awami league ICT minister along with recent rapist. What can be expected from awami ICT propaganda?

upload_2017-5-14_12-29-24.png

If your policy is not correct, then why do not you do anything in the next 500 years for 10 years. That's because development is one thing, and the other thing to implement the basic rights of the people. What road-fly-over etc etc are mendatory made? Where millions of people living below the poverty line? 80% of Indians live below the poverty line. In USA u will see begger. . I myself find many poor people in the London underground subway rail station, they are the developed world ? And who is the failure of Bangladesh's developing country if you can not use your manpower amps? China has demonstrated by its population that there is no rule of law for development, it proves China is not a precondition for the development of democracy. Thousands of crores of TAKA are being spent to make the country's capital beautiful, in which people sleep in "Phutpats". What is this development? It seems that the government did not make roads, businessmen would make roads, businessmen would make roads Because they can make their way to the road, that can go to their product's. There is no credit to the government. You must ensure the basic rights of the people before you, then development. The place where corruption is in the state's administrasion s blood, in the wake of their development, they will pay their donations to donor agencies by paying their bank and work 10%. The one who wakes up should be 100%. I want Bangladesh, Qatar. But before the people Without giving rice in the stomach of the people, if you say about the cost of the "FALTU"money for development. That would not be reasonable theory.

people will get job in tech park and can buy food. no money no food.. you know that right?

I totally agreed . But the thing is , after doing and before doing isn't the same thing . u must know that . If i have a cop. Then i can give JOB 20 ppl over there, that is a personal matter but achievement for the Govt. But before doing, is govt. is ready to ensure that No one will suffering from hunger ? Development is part of Govt. ruling policy . Hope you got my point brother .

Here is awami league ICT minister along with recent rapist. What can be expected from awami ICT propaganda?

View attachment 396802

The minister will say , He was no more With ICT program. HE could also say that- It's his personal matter . All BAL isn't rapist . So the question is which ideology they are following that , their soldiers are becoming a rapist !!!!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom