What's new

Govt. should urgently apply article 5 and article 6 on the local medium of foreign collusion prior to any politics (NCV) : General (R) Tariq Khan

Imagine a world where you may see all these opposition leaders and their goons in prison for high treason and stay there forever instead of running off to UK / Dubai / SA...Pakistan will jump 10 years ahead just by that act.

Problem is that IK, unfortunately, has an ego of idealism and won't listen to his advisors.

Fresh elections are better.

If PDM wins the NCV, IK can say that the US has engineered the whole thing. If IK wins the NCV, he can say that he is strong enough to survive US meddling.

Man I tell you, if Pakistan had 1 good leader after General Zia death - NONE of THIS would happen?!?!
Face it to every Pakistani origin member WE ARE A WEAK SPECIES now don't deny - am I RIGHT? we will SELL our wifes, mothers, children but not sacrifice an inch of our conscious? This situation is inherent!
Respectfully, there is no such a thing as "one good leader". We get what we get from amongst ourselves and over a period of time, learning from the mistakes of others who rule over us, we get to pick someone who is acceptable.

Military dont issue affidavit of support to tell whose side are they on

Check the pulse of Retired brass
Check the perks and achievements of military in IK tenure. They are on buying spree and getting anything they put their fingers on
Military is always on side of People Because Military fails the moment they fail to understand and follow the sentiments of common folks
Common folks majority is on IK, cant deny

They might not issue affidavits but their actions or non-actions make their intentions clear. staying "neutral" in domestic elections & politics is one thing but there's zero excuse when a foreign power is trying to carry out regime change.

Retired brasses opinion hardly matters. they can influence but ultimately the current brass is the one with the power. Buying spree doesn't matter to them, if they think the good times are gonna be over if IK stays in power. Consider this also: after all the mudslinging pdm did to army & even bajwa personally (pmln calling him qadiani & saying he only got his position cause of his father) he still tried to be "neutral".

And lastly, since when did "common folk" mattered in politics? it's only during elections time that they remember us. this is the case around the world like America, EU, etc not just Pakistan. it's only w/ IK that the common folk have finally been given a voice. otherwise, it would've been business as usual.

I would hope you're right but tbh I think ur being overly optimistic. But let's see. Everything will be made clear in the coming days.

Last edited:
National security is more complex thing than this. Musharaf imposed emergency and see what happened to him. Dear one if IK wants to live as a leader he has to beat them politically not by using force
High level people who are a threat to national security need to be locked up. But the CIA are masters of ingenuity and the opposition could have been most set up. Time is of essence for IK to grab power, but looking at his cricket mentality, all goody goody play by the ball stuff, I doubt if he will make such a move. Whether IK stays or goes things won't get better for people of Pakistan in the near term. Those vying for revenge against the corrupts, don't worry they will be replaced by different faces. If you want real change you must have real anti-corruption policies, else it is just momentary entertainment.

High level people who are a threat to national security need to be locked up. But the CIA are masters of ingenuity and the opposition could have been most set up. Time is of essence for IK to grab power, but looking at his cricket mentality, all goody goody play by the ball stuff, I doubt if he will make such a move. Whether IK stays or goes things won't get better for people of Pakistan in the near term. Those vying for revenge against the corrupts, don't worry they will be replaced by different faces. If you want real change you must have real anti-corruption policies, else it is just momentary entertainment.
Thanx dear. That's what I am saying all along that IK has to beat them politically by good policies by good governance by better economy and not by using force and gaining temporary refuge.

Respectfully, there is no such a thing as "one good leader". We get what we get from amongst ourselves and over a period of time, learning from the mistakes of others who rule over us, we get to pick someone who is acceptable.
Mind your language, you're accepting the fact after Zia, PPP came, PML N came, cycle repeats until General Musharrif came stabilized a little, PPP came, PML N came, finally PTI PM IK came with conscious?
IF it take 10 rats to make a nation than it is PAkistan getting a lousy RAT one after another.
If you think you will wait for good things to happen to this nation forget it. Okay.
Like I said India is on war mood, America is toppling our govt, and now only hope is PM IK with a winning agenda, whether its corruption, traitors or robbing the conscious of out of everyone of us.
So sit back don't care and chill out until YOU won't have a home to call PAkistan or think of this nation hence forward, okay.

I believe opposition has sensed it as well. I read somewhere Bilawal khursi saying, "kisi be ghair aaini kaam sa gurez kia jai"
That duffer shahbaz is also saying the same.
Do you mean, "Kanpain Tang Rahein Hain".

They might not issue affidavits but their actions or non-actions make their intentions clear. staying "neutral" in domestic elections & politics is one thing but there's zero excuse when a foreign power is trying to carry out regime change.

Retired brasses opinion hardly matters. they can influence but ultimately the current brass is the one with the power. Buying spree doesn't matter to them, if they think the good times are gonna be over if IK stays in power. Consider this also: after all the mudslinging pdm did to army & even bajwa personally (pmln calling him qadiani & saying he only got his position cause of his father) he still tried to be "neutral".

And lastly, since when did "common folk" mattered in politics? it's only during elections time that they remember us. this is the case around the world like America, EU, etc not just Pakistan. it's only w/ IK that the common folk have finally been given a voice. otherwise, it would've been business as usual.

I would hope you're right but tbh I think ur being overly optimistic. But let's see. Everything will be made clear in the coming days.
we need to wait to see who is not wrong

it might happen that both of us be wrong

Only time will tell and its a matter of weeks

What if Govt arrests all these opposition leaders in article 6 and then goes on to lose the case in supreme court?
Who will get the political boost then?

The supreme court will not get to decide, judgement has already been made.

Last line was most important. It’s not bottoms up, it’s from Top to bottom. PM need to use his executive authority to issue orders.

He should have sacked intelligence chief for failing to Preempt the conspiracy. IK failure to act when required not only shows his lack of experience on a seat of serious authority and responsibility but will also cost him his govt.

He allowed this to go ahead so evidence can be collected. It was a ruse and these incompetent US diplomats and greedy opposition who saw their dollar bills fell right into the trap.

2 big points are being missed, let's look at it from the establishment/elite point of view.

1st
Nawaz Sharif might have big differences with the military and establishment but Asif Ali Zardari and Shabaz Sharif have maintained good level connections with them. Ppp is happy as long as they have Sindh and Shabaz Sharif is happy to become the next PM, even during Nawaz Sharif anti establishment campaign, Shabaz Sharif tried to maintain a balance, he tried to tell Nawaz Sharif to not attack the military and establishment but badde Mian would not listen, Ch Nisar a senior leader also disagreed with Nawaz Sharif.

2nd
If the threats are genuine then the west must have informed the Pakistani elite/establishment that you will also be dealt with like Russia(target their assets abroad). This alone would scare them off and they would give a go ahead to PMLN to take IK off and bring in pro west government of PMLN.

Think about it, what can the establishment benefit with IK in power, the retired elite assets will be targeted in the west, Pakistan would be blacklisted, this will bring Pakistan down to its knees, we will suffer economically.

Can IK offer a plan for Pakistan to survive. Will the anti west camp invest in Pakistan? Will they buy our exports? Will they sell us oil and gas at a good rate. Will they guarantee Pakistan will not be isolated and it will suffer?
38%+ of our exports are to the west.
30B of our remittes come from outside.
What can be the solution to this?

Back
Top Bottom