What's new

Govt releases six billion for Pak Railways

US had their railways under private management since its inception.

Instead of making huge losses, it should be given to private sector who knows how to run it. Another idea is let the private parties handle goods business and using that income let Govt run the passenger trains.

doesnt look like a bad idea to me for pakistan. for india though i would say we should do the opposite. hsr should be built by reliance and trains can be manufactured by L&T and beml, damm that would be sick..

i didnt see it this way its medium country with medium distance . abut cars i think they are already damn enough in pakistan .1.5 million cars units coming on road every year and we rely on roads more then any other thing now
you rely on road coz you dont have any other option.If you have options you can weigh in the pros n cons of travelling by train,road,air and then decide about it .for elderly and kids to sit in bus from karachi to islamabad is a real horrid exp.

i didnt see it this way its medium country with medium distance . abut cars i think they are already damn enough in pakistan .1.5 million cars units coming on road every year and we rely on roads more then any other thing now

Your country..your rules but to ignore railways over road transport is disastrous.

Your country..your rules but to ignore railways over road transport is disastrous.

well in pakistans govts are unstable, so they try to impress people by building these fancy highways. thats the only reason i can think off.

in new daewoo buses there is toilets

480962059_426.JPG

otherwise pay 6000+ and go by air :lol:
now this is perfect.this can be implemented in indian volvo.i'm airsick.i fly only when there is no other options like to usa uk otherwise i mostly prefer trains.

doesnt look like a bad idea to me for pakistan. for india though i would say we should do the opposite. hsr should be built by reliance and trains can be manufactured by L&T and beml, damm that would be sick..

I am against HSR for India, atleast for now.

Maybe in your country where the roads are some of the worlds most dangerous.

Rail is great to transport supplies, but most people prefer road over rail in Pakistan.

Bus fares cheaper than train fares.....Only in Pakistan.

Bus fares cheaper than train fares.....Only in Pakistan.

And Korea...and Japan.....and Canada...USA.....And the rest of the world

Seriously man, just because you guys don't have Buses doesn't mean the rest of the world is like you.

In Korea for example, you can go from Busan to Seoul for about 30 dollars on a bus or 60 on a train.

you rely on road coz you dont have any other option.If you have options you can weigh in the pros n cons of travelling by train,road,air and then decide about it .for elderly and kids to sit in bus from karachi to islamabad is a real horrid exp.

can i say you guys rely on trains because you have no other option ? what you think every pakistani travel on cart ? i must say you guys loaded on trians because you have no other option ? do you think train is better then motorway ? lolz you can park sit in rest rooms filing stations and every you visit pak just look the places they make for stops . i was feeling like in EU when daewoo stopped in kalar kahar .we are happy and living far better then noisy trains

i got only one small image of that station
11.jpg

Buses do make stops depending on the destination, I travelled from Abbottabad to Lahore on daewoo (1,000 rupees each way) and we did stop more thn 4 times. I would choose buses over trains anyday, unless they are high speed trains
even then train you have better options at you will.a diabetic cant wait for the stop to come isnt it.

for what loans man ? problem is you guys think only one sided damn . its since early 90 pakistan working on motorways its hard work of FWO army and civil govs . and there is no way to escape then pay money on toll plazaz and taxes on cars too its not a stone age lalaland :hitwall:

This means you have to pay toll for using the highways and there is no other option.

Seriously man, just because you guys don't have Buses doesn't mean the rest of the world is like you.

In Korea for example, you can go from Busan to Seoul for about 30 dollars on a bus or 60 on a train.
India doesnt have buses,who told u that
Bangalore city itself contains more buses than the entire Pakistan
its all abou distance
a person covering a long distance for ex-delhi to chennai or delhi to kolkata which is around 1000km will prefer a train or a plane rather than a bus
but since Pakistan is a small country,hence buses are the best choice,i agree to this

Maybe in your country where the roads are some of the worlds most dangerous.

Rail is great to transport supplies, but most people prefer road over rail in Pakistan.

you mean pakistani roads are over all better than india?? i would recommend go and compare. a few highways built in pakistan cant compete with indian pace of growth in this sector driven by strong fundamentals and backing of auto sector.

india is worlds top 4 largest producer of buses. :) we export all over the world. i am sure punjab alone has more buses than entire pakistan. paksitani buses are imported. india designes and manufactures them.

well in pakistans govts are unstable, so they try to impress people by building these fancy highways. thats the only reason i can think off.

ohhh my god i was replying to trolls :rolleyes:

i was thinking its postive debate :cry: but it was trolling .

heey kid first phase of these motorways was M-2 Islamabad – Lahore 367 km lenth since 1997 Operational

:rofl:

AFAIK Korean & Japanese trains are HSRs and in almost the countries you mentioned, Train is more of a luxury than necessity. As far as buses goes, we have good buses and VOLVO dominates the market in this sector with Mercedez a distant second may be..but they are only for short journeys mainly overnight journeys. If you want to travel long distance, there is no other way than buses. Imagine spending 3-4 days in a bus (Thats the time taken by trains to travel b/n my home town & New Delhi)

Back
Top Bottom