What's new

Govt mulls rescheduling office hours amid power crunch

Did I reply to you?

Do that again and I will put you on my ignore list.

Don’t bring your life frustration onto this forum.

Bro I get that goverment can over estimate gdp as thereare calculations that allows to do that, but overestimating export numbers is something that cant be done as this is directly related to balance of payment.

How can that be done is a mystery that some trolls with their phd on economic can explain.

Lol restaurant worker
Hopefully your days are numbered here,

Bro I get that goverment can over estimate gdp as thereare calculations that allows to do that, but overestimating export numbers is something that cant be done as this is directly related to balance of payment.

How can that be done is a mystery that some trolls with their phd on economic can explain.

Hopefully your days are numbered here,

These trolls are so desperate that they even claim export numbers are fake. :woot:

As if every country that BD trades with is it some sort of conspiracy with BD to make BD look good.

You can easily cross check BD government export numbers with the importing country.

Anyway that troll is now on my ignore list and so will not waste a second more of my time from now on.

You forgot to mention about Walton.

It is better to be safe then sorry. BD should get into some sort of agreement with Russia as oil price is going to soar high in near future or are you waiting for the day when the gas prices be hiked by 333% as happening in one of our neighboring country.

That first line show you have a complex about BD doing well.

Yes BD is looking in that direction but relief will come in 2023 with 1.2GW of cheap power from Roopur nuclear power plant and another 1.2GW in 2024 with the 2nd reactor.

BD is not as powerful as India and so needs to be careful about importing energy from it due to war in Ukraine.

A bit of belt-tightening for 12-18 months and then BD should be ok.

Last edited:
How dare you? Bangladeshi government data is Gospel. Do you want to get bitten by the 'Asian Tiger'?
With the right industrial policies, BD could have become an Asian Tiger, but I do not see any symptoms of that happening.

The country is not industrialized. People are without jobs and leave for the ME to water the date trees there, and our @UKBengali excitedly shouts Joy Bangla, Joy Hasina, BD is becoming an asian tiger.

That first line show you have a complex about BD doing well.

Yes BD is looking in that direction but relief will come in 2023 with 1.2GW of cheap power from Roopur nuclear power plant and another 1.2GW in 2024 with the 2nd reactor.

BD is not as powerful as India and so needs to be careful about importing energy from it due to war in Ukraine.

A bit of belt-tightening for 12-18 months and then BD should be ok.
Quite worrying situation if oil hits 300. Bangladesh though has option of extracting its own coal from the 5 mines that has been a cause of concern but this desperate situation is calling for desperate measures. Also read an aricle about tapping the already proven reaerve of gas and investing 300-400 mill then we can produce all of the 3700 qcf required for our daily consumption.

Government need to rethink its energy mix and as we already have resources we should for the time being reduce our depwndency on importing LNG. It was a bad decision to not explore gas and turn to imported fuel and now we are at risk.

Quite worrying situation if oil hits 300. Bangladesh though has option of extracting its own coal from the 5 mines that has been a cause of concern but this desperate situation is calling for desperate measures. Also read an aricle about tapping the already proven reaerve of gas and investing 300-400 mill then we can produce all of the 3700 qcf required for our daily consumption.

Government need to rethink its energy mix and as we already have resources we should for the time being reduce our depwndency on importing LNG. It was a bad decision to not explore gas and turn to imported fuel and now we are at risk.

It won't go anywhere near that.

Government is already taking relevant actions to minimise the impact of the current and coming headwinds.

Most economic forecasters have only downgraded BD economic growth by 1% at most - mild slowdown for 12-18 months before it resumes normal 7-8% sustained growth

It won't go anywhere near that.

Government is already taking relevant actions to minimise the impact of the current and coming headwinds.

Most economic forecasters have only downgraded BD economic growth by 1% at most - mild slowdown for 12-18 months before it resumes normal 7-8% sustained growth

Hasina is dealing with the inflation situation like she did covid.

Therefore, BD should be ok.

Hasina is dealing with the inflation situation like she did covid.

Therefore, BD should be ok.

Once the Padma reactors come online starting next year, BD will get real relief from high gas and oil prices.

BD must not delay and get the 2nd plant by 2030 as Hasina has said.

That woman(Hasina) seems to have a crystal ball and able to see what happens in the future.

Last edited:
Once the Padma reactors come online starting next year, BD will get real relief from high gas and oil prices.

BD must not delay and get the 2nd plant by 2030 as Hasina has said.

That woman(Hasina) seems to have a crystal ball and able to see what happens in the future.
Yep!

70/30 mix of nuclear and renewables is the future.

Putin has just accelerated the demise of fossil fuels.

Yep!

70/30 mix of nuclear and renewables is the future.

Putin has just accelerated the demise of fossil fuels.

Most of the renewables should be hydroelectric power from Nepal/Bhutan via India, keeping in mind that India should not be the source where anymore than 20% of electricity comes in from due to strategic reasons.

BD has limited area to generate much from solar and wind in and around BD and so probably no more than 10% of the total electricity can be generated within its area.

PS - Think that Hasina has talked about having no less than 6 nuclear power plants by 2040 and so 4 built in the 2030s. Bring them on I say.

Hasina won't do anything, and of course not invest in any planning, long-term or otherwise. Every country has an energy plan to count for rainy days. Our ahammuk leaders don't.

If we had a plan, we wouldn't have to go to "desperate measures".

She and Alga-momen are busy kissing feet of Indian leaders, India alone will help us get past all calamities. After all we are India's 29th state. Indians already convinced Hasina about this. All will be well!

Remember when this former head of our CTG went to Pranab Mukherjee in India to have him do sifarish to Hasina, so he could retire to the USA without getting hung? That shows one who Hasina reports to.

220px-Fakhruddin_Ahmed_-_WEF_Annual_Meeting_Davos_2008.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom