What's new

Govt hints at doubling defence expenditure

I don't think its going to be doubled.

I've heard its only a 10% increase?

Yes, its only 10%.
This was just a report in one of the new when Defence Minister just said that defence budget should be 3% of GDP. [Which indirectly means doubling].

However, the defence budget for this year is finalized. Only change will be in the salaries of the armed forces. No major change.

Moreover with Inflation reaching 8% levels, a 10% hike in defence budget is virtually nothing.

Sir, how you will decide that modernization is CHINA SPECIFIC. What I mean is on what sort of equipments, doctrines etc. it will be decided that this modernization is china specific and this is pakistan specific.
Depends on what changes are brought into your Western Command, which is rather Pakistan specific.

Overall each country should decide on its own requirements independently.
True, you know whats best for your country. My concern is that the China card might be used to strengthen your position at our border which will only lead to renewed arms race.

And i fully agree with blain2 comment that Mr. gillani should put his house in order first.
I agree there.

Yes, its only 10%.
This was just a report in one of the new when Defence Minister just said that defence budget should be 3% of GDP. [Which indirectly means doubling].

However, the defence budget for this year is finalized. Only change will be in the salaries of the armed forces. No major change.

Moreover with Inflation reaching 8% levels, a 10% hike in defence budget is virtually nothing.

Don't you follow, we give it a damn what you spend on buying arms.
What we care is what you deploy on your northern borders.
All of your military hard ware and men can be located withing 200 miles radius to Pakistan borders.
You make tit for tat missile race with Pakistan not with China, you are copying Pakistan for starting joint ventures instead of hiring foreign consultants for indegionous products. You had more wars with Pakistan than you had with China. Your news papers spread more hate about Pakistan, your leaders win votes when they promise to destroy Pakistan. Your every elected head of state start his speech with anti Pakistan statement.
There are more indians spilling their wisdom on Pakistani forums as compare to Chinese forums. Just go to the web and you will know where indians are working most.

5696efd204ae8b08fb9f448c786cf75a.jpg

Remember what she said on her first address to nation? Heaven sake, giver her some better gun.

Honestly, indians should start eating third meal instead of spending money on arms so to make their godesses happy.

It is to cover the pay increase, in addition, as planned by the Pay Commission and which has been rejected by the Armed Forces.

Exactly, india should match salary of their soldiers with Pakistan instead of piling up weapons.

All of your military hard ware and men can be located withing 200 miles radius to Pakistan borders

Dude they have just began to strengthen infrastructure in Eastern states , so unless infratructure does not exist or is being worked on, how can you expect to shift a bulk of the armed forces when there is no infrastructure to handle them in the first place.

Even then do not expect any lull in troop presence in western command, India is sure that when there is a major conflict with China, Pakistan will open up a second front on behalf of China takisng advantage of the situation.

You make tit for tat missile race with Pakistan not with China

Blaha , its actually Pakistan that performs tit for tat missile tests against India.

you are copying Pakistan for starting joint ventures instead of hiring foreign consultants for indegionous products.

If sending your engineers to a third country to learn manufacturing process, design providing your details for cutomisation then Pakistan has lost the race before it can begin, Dude we have been doing that for decades..

You had more wars with Pakistan than you had with China.
Because ou attacked us more times than China.

Your news papers spread more hate about Pakistan

Because you sponsor millitants that challenege the soveringnity of our nation..

your leaders win votes when they promise to destroy Pakistan.

Nope does not cut across public sentiment, does not even figure in key vote winning election speeches, tell them you will give free colour television and you will win the elections.

Heaven sake, giver her some better gun.

As long as it works, it is fine with us..

Honestly, indians should start eating third meal instead of spending money on arms so to make their godesses happy.

Blaha, same old dumb argument, has been debated to death. Dude we have enough in our coffers to eradicate poverty and achieve pretty much most of the millenium development goals.

PS: An advice coming from someone who spends twice in terms of GDP percentage on defence . ever heard of throwing stones from glass houses.

5696efd204ae8b08fb9f448c786cf75a.jpg

Remember what she said on her first address to nation? Heaven sake, giver her some better gun.

Regardless of the hopelessness of and the vaccum in your arguments (which indiapakistanfriendship has perfectly answered), was it really necessary to post a picture of the First Citizen of my country to forward you piss-soaked paper-bag lame duck agenda?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom