BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Govt approves allocation for construction of Bhasha, Dasu dams
By Web Desk
Published: May 23, 2014
712126-pm_psdpmeeting-1400858505-138-640x480.JPG

ISLAMABAD: The government on Friday approved the allocation for construction of 4,500 Mega Watt (MW) Diamer Bhasha Dam, 2,160 MW Dasu Hydro Power Project, construction of a 57 km long stretch of the Faisalabad – Khanewal M-4 Motorway and Rawalpindi-Islamabad Metro Bus project.

The decision was taken during a meeting chair by the Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to finalise the Public Sector Development Program (PSDP) allocation for financial year 2014-15 at PM House.

We have embarked upon the road to progress and the projects initiated by our government will usher our country into an era of prosperity, said Nawaz. He added that these projects will not only create millions of job opportunities in the country but also raise the living standard of our people.

Emphasising on the efficient use of public money, Nawaz told the participants of the meeting that each penny in the government’s kitty is a public trust.

The meeting was attended by Finance Minister Ishaq Dar, Minister for Planning Ahsan Iqbal, MNA Hamza Shahbaz, MNA Capt (retd) Safdar and senior officials of the concerned ministries.

Prime Minister was given a detailed briefing on the PSDP projects included in the next financial year budget.

Nawaz was informed that each project, whether small, medium or large has been evaluated with reference to cost, importance, priority and time frame.

The premier directed authorities to speed up the initiation of work on Lahore- Karachi Motorway. The premier was informed that the work on this project will be started by end of current year.

The meeting also discussed and approved the initiatives of feasibility study for construction of new rail links from Islamabad to Muzaffarabad via Murree, new rail link from Havelian to Pak China Border, feasibility study to connect Gawadar with Karachi through rail.

Feasibility studies for approach roads to New Islamabad International Airport, New Gawadar International Airport project, Jetty and Infrastructure development at Gaddani, Gawadar Port Economic Free Zone project and Pak-China Technical & Vocational Institute at Gawadar and Quaid-e-Azam Solar Park at Lal Sohnra Park Phase-II (600 MW), were also approved.
Govt approves allocation for construction of Bhasha, Dasu dams – The Express Tribune

ISLAMABAD: The government on Friday approved the allocation for construction of 4,500 Mega Watt (MW) Diamer Bhasha Dam, 2,160 MW Dasu Hydro Power Project, construction of a 57 km long stretch of the Faisalabad – Khanewal M-4 Motorway and Rawalpindi-Islamabad Metro Bus project.

The meeting also discussed and approved the initiatives of feasibility study for construction of new rail links from Islamabad to Muzaffarabad via Murree, new rail link from Havelian to Pak China Border, feasibility study to connect Gawadar with Karachi through rail.

Feasibility studies for approach roads to New Islamabad International Airport, New Gawadar International Airport project, Jetty and Infrastructure development at Gaddani, Gawadar Port Economic Free Zone project and Pak-China Technical & Vocational Institute at Gawadar and Quaid-e-Azam Solar Park at Lal Sohnra Park Phase-II (600 MW), were also approved.

Good projects. :tup:

How much?

No details yet... I hope it's at least 50-80 billion rupees for Dasu as well as Bhasha... not like 320 crore rupees :lol:

How much?

No details yet... I hope it's at least 50-80 billion rupees for Dasu as well as Bhasha... not like 320 crore rupees :lol:

Rs 25 billion was released for Basha dam couple of weeks ago. And Karachi-Lahore Motorway cost is around $8 billion. China is investing in it?

Rs 25 billion was released for Basha dam couple of weeks ago. And Karachi-Lahore Motorway cost is around $8 billion. China is investing in it?
if 25 billion rupees were issued it is still funny. I mean the total cost of construction is around 1400 billion rupees I guess?

and also inflation is keep increasing the total cost. it once upon used to be around 800 billion rupees if my memory is correct, later raised to close to 1200 and now 1400 or more.

if 25 billion rupees were issued it is still funny. I mean the total cost of construction is around 1400 billion rupees I guess?

and also inflation is keep increasing the total cost. it once upon used to be around 800 billion rupees if my memory is correct, later raised to close to 1200 and now 1400 or more.

Yes 1400 bn but it take dacade to build it. They don't need to release 1400bn at once for work to continue.

Yes 1400 bn but it take dacade to build it. They don't need to release 1400bn at once for work to continue.
But they shouldn't be releasing in pity of 25 billion rupees either. Yes we need someone else to fund it, but at least give fair amount of money for such a important project. If we can spare 30-70 billion rupees for Lahore Metro Bus service, at least have 50 billion rupees per year for Bhasha Dam and expect someone else to fund it at the same time.

But they shouldn't be releasing in pity of 25 billion rupees either. Yes we need someone else to fund it, but at least give fair amount of money for such a important project. If we can spare 30-70 billion rupees for Lahore Metro Bus service, at least have 50 billion rupees per year for Bhasha Dam and expect someone else to fund it at the same time.

From next year Pakistan will need much more then 50bn a year for Basha, initial work is almost done. Middle east banks are the only option left at this point i think, because WB will not finance Basha Dam.

From next year Pakistan will need much more then 50bn a year for Basha, initial work is almost done. Middle east banks are the only option left at this point i think, because WB will not finance Basha Dam.
Since the will to make this dream come true seems bleak by the bigger banks. May be it will ultimately come down to percentages. Islamic Bank 20%, Chinese Bank 20%, Middle East Bank 20%, Federal Government 40%.. or something like that..

How much?

O bhai, pehly land acquisitions/pre-post fisibility to ho jain. I guess it would be around 20-30 Billion to kick start the process.

O bhai, pehly land acquisitions/pre-post fisibility to ho jain. I guess it would be around 20-30 Billion to kick start the process.
land accusation to 2009 main bhi suna thaa... tab bhi paise allot kiye gaye thay... aaj tak wohi kuch to kar rahay hain ye log.

Dasu ban jaye ga halanke Diamer se bohat baad ka project thaa ye... Diamer-Bhasha kahin Kalabagh hi na ban jaye aahista aahista... I hope we can start building it before anymore controversy arises

land accusation to 2009 main bhi suna thaa... tab bhi paise allot kiye gaye thay... aaj tak wohi kuch to kar rahay hain ye log.

Dasu ban jaye ga halanke Diamer se bohat baad ka project thaa ye... Diamer-Bhasha kahin Kalabagh hi na ban jaye aahista aahista... I hope we can start building it before anymore controversy arises
Abhi at least one of the dams ki land acquisition nahi hue.....

Since the will to make this dream come true seems bleak by the bigger banks. May be it will ultimately come down to percentages. Islamic Bank 20%, Chinese Bank 20%, Middle East Bank 20%, Federal Government 40%.. or something like that..

''The meeting was informed that more than Rs10 billion had been earmarked for the purchase of land for the Diamer-Bhasha Dam, and as soon as the acquisition of land was completed, the project would be ready for construction.''

Hopefully GoP can secure loans and finish this project by 2020.

Mate, it is a initial requirement for construction road and other infra and later the money will be increases as work progress. Its a basic in every single civil project

Back
Top Bottom