What's new

Govt appoints Brigadier (retd) Shuja Hassan as Pakistan Steel Mills CEO

our this attitude of disgracing and ignoring qualified professionals results in these capable people immigrating to foreign countries where they get better opportunity and then we cry about brain drain
You think brigadier's carry and danda with them always to beat the shit out of people? And if someone refuse to obey they call their unit and ask for 2 truck full of soldiers to "effectively manage" the workers?

Brig (R) Shujah Hassan has been recommended for selection as top priority candidate. The qualification of the priority candidate is M.Sc (Hons) War Studies-2002, MSc (Hons) Defence and Strategic Studies-2006. The experience of the candidate includes “Experience in Army only Internal Posting Transfer in GHQ Corps HQ and Brigade HQ and Regimental Units”

Its not only taking opportunities from civilians hands but also wasting important resources of army on civilian matters (incase of serving officers) .

You think brigadier's carry and danda with them always to beat the shit out of people? And if someone refuse to obey they call their unit and ask for 2 truck full of soldiers to "effectively manage" the workers?

Buddy does disobedience work like this ? Have u work with workers?

Beside technical comptencies for which he has professional he will be facing 2 major threats.
1st physical attack from workers.
2nd loosing a job.

Normaly army person are not afraid of these two. They can take bold decisions of firing non performing people even by force. Furthermore they can also retaliate political pressures as well as they are very well connected to people in power unlike a business professional.

A brugadier is administrator of units/regiment/company/battalion.
Useless argument. Havent u seen PIA improving ? The idea is to retaliate and remove political influence so u hire a person who r more connected then politicians.

Have u even seen Pakistan Steel Mill? Meet any of them ? I lived in steel town for 24 years of my life. My father and uncle spent more than 35 years working in steel mill.

So i am in a much better poaition to comment then u my brother

pia s blacklisted from operating in all major countries due to poor safety measures,I not see this as improvement
Useless argument. Havent u seen PIA improving ? The idea is to retaliate and remove political influence so u hire a person who r more connected then politicians.

Have u even seen Pakistan Steel Mill? Meet any of them ? I lived in steel town for 24 years of my life. My father and uncle spent more than 35 years working in steel mill.

So i am in a much better poaition to comment then u my brother

pia s blacklisted from operating in all major countries due to poor safety measures,I not see this as improvement

Well the poor safety is a recent problem or its realization is a recent problem ?

PIA pilits destroyed all 7 ATRs purchased in 2006. All of 7 of them. Nobudy bother to inquire the real reason to take corrective measures. First time we did a true investigation identify the real reason and took the tough decision (despite political backlash) and we might see correction in future. Yes we will bear a loss of 6 months or a year but it will still be lesser than destruction of planes by our pilots.

Can a professional (irrespective of his competency) can have power to take on opposition PALPA and complete management of PIA ?

PIA issue is the best example of success of tough administrator to control politically backed mismanagemeny. PIA would have remain in problems due to incompetent pilots and eengineers and we would have keep on loosing aircrafts. But we have taken the first step of identifying and now chemo theraoy has begun. We are feeling the pain but this necessary for long term sustainability otherwise we would have keep on financing the incompetent pilots and engineers of pia

With respect to black listing. Whole aviation industry of world is in crisis and every country is trying to get reasons to block others. America blocked both india and china similarly india and china block american airlines.

Lets hope they keep on doing the right thing and dont give up against the political pressure.

Have u work with workers?

I belong to construction field. I am a Construction manager. I deal with hundreds of workers. On my previous job on Hazara motorway i was accompanied by 1000+ coworkers. The answer is YES.

Beside technical comptencies for which he has professional he will be facing 2 major threats.
1st physical attack from workers.
2nd loosing a job

Pir to P.hd waly ko CEO lagaty and is brigadier saab ko unka bodyguard.

Make him Chief of Security, or even HR. But CEO because he can save himself from attacks is not the appropriate (and only) requirement for the post. Just admit Pakistans state of affairs is fcuked up

Useless argument.

Well i used yours. You can say it was useless as you are tye creator.

I belong to construction field. I am a Construction manager. I deal with hundreds of workers. On my previous job on Hazara motorway i was accompanied by 1000+ coworkers. The answer is YES.

Pir to P.hd waly ko CEO lagaty and is brigadier saab ko unka bodyguard.

Make him Chief of Security, or even HR. But CEO because he can save himself from attacks is not the appropriate (and only) requirement for the post. Just admit Pakistans state of affairs is fcuked up

Well i used yours. You can say it was useless as you are tye creator.

Body guard or HR manager can protect him for mental political pressure he is going to face. They will drage him to court in useless cases just like MD PIA who fought the case but on the contrary brilliant professionals like Dr. Zafar mirza and tania ardus resgined.

You are comparing daily wagers conyract labor with permanent contract labor.

U want a phd to be CEO who has no idea of management as phd are pure researchers and may be genius bit has no experience of corporate management.

Your examples shows u have no experience or idea of a corporate organization in a government sector and its problems and its useless to debate with u.

Just a last example my fathers calss felow was head of admin department in Steel Mill. He was honest and was a hurdle for corruption so they made a case against him for canteen contract. Altough there was no prove against him and even the contract was awarded before he took the post but contract was signed by him after his joining. He spend months in jail and altough proved innocent but took early retirement.

U want a phd to be CEO who has no idea of management as phd are pure researchers and may be genius bit has no experience of corporate management.

I wish you were the largest shareholder of a firm and than i will ask who you going to select as CEO. Brigadier saab or someone who know your business and can contribute in real term. Btw, why is sundar pichai studied metallergy and business instead of "war tactics"? I think Alphabet should aslo hire some retured US general.

better keep politics out of such issue,it is matter of operations of organisations and these generals not have experience of such matters otherwise most of multi billion dollar companies in world like apple,amazon,Microsoft had army generals as their ceo
ah don't spin this into a tooi party are experts and answer the question. The jaddi pushti kabari lohar self proclaimed. They couldn't run the state steel mill because their own bhattian would go out of business. Yet during military rule itr was in profit! expand on that for us.

I wish you were the largest shareholder of a firm and than i will ask who you going to select as CEO. Brigadier saab or someone who know your business and can contribute in real term. Btw, why is sundar pichai studied metallergy and business instead of "war tactics"? I think Alphabet should aslo hire some retured US general.

If i will be the shareholder i will not appoint 25k emoloyees where i need 10k.
I will not let trade union made on political basis.
I will not let the firm run into losses on loans and will shut it down.
I will not pay salary of 65k to bus drivers in 2007 ( put up inflation and u r paying 100k plus to bus driver in todays rates).

But if i have already done this shit then i dont need a metallergical engineer to correct these blunders. He will probably not even join my organization if he knows this mess.

Example of sundar oichai and alphabet are irrelevant as problem of steel mill is less of ineffeciency and more of political influence.

If u cant absorb this simple fact then no one can help u understand it.

If i will be the shareholder i will not appoint 25k emoloyees where i need 10k.
I will not let trade union made on political basis.
I will not let the firm run into losses on loans and will shut it down.
I will not pay salary of 65k to bus drivers in 2007 ( put up inflation and u r paying 100k plus to bus driver in todays rates).

But if i have already done this shit then i dont need a metallergical engineer to correct these blunders. He will probably not even join my organization if he knows this mess.

Example of sundar oichai and alphabet are irrelevant as problem of steel mill is less of ineffeciency and more of political influence.

If u cant absorb this simple fact then no one can help u understand it.

Also add to the list

" i will not appoint War studies expert as CEO of a steel company". Only that way you will make any sense. Just because bad decisions were taken in Past doesn't justofy the appointment.

Ye to wo bat ho gae kay aunti aunti apla beta chars pe raha..

Aunty : ary khair hy pir b. Pehle to sharab peta tha.

Bhai dono ghalt hy....

Khair, i am done with you on this topic. Apne is tarha apni patriotism show krne and i have other means to prove it. Me itna ni girun ga. Thank you for your time

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom