What's new

Governor Rule may be the only option to wrest Karach back from MQM

why you people dont let Karachi to be ruled by the Karachites as Lahore is. Why you always try to capture it. If you want to then share the agony of common people and win their hearts. All the major parties have abandoned it and its people and after forming a govt. try to snatch it as a prize. why. Look at the PMLN. they dont have much Urdu speaking people in Pmln in Karachi. their support is ethnicity based. Look at the PPPP their vote bank is also sindhi speaking people in karachi. All the major parties dont have much vote bank in urdu speaking majority of karachi. Look at the MQM, they have Ashfaq Mangi MPA ( a sindhi ) from Karachi. Nabeel gabool and slaman mujahid balcoh MNAs (Baloch ) from Karachi. Waqar hussain shah MPA( hazara ) from Karachi. Heer soho MNA( sindhi) from Karachi. Tahira Asif MNA of Lahore from Karachi's reserve seats. why dont other parties can do the same to win the hearts of karachi.

Sad to say & no offense but i think they want their punjabi rule in Karachi. Because of these stupid people Pakistan is in chaos today & because of same ruling greed 71 had occured. These dumb @$$ will never learn.

MQM & other politicians are the main cause of unrest in Karachi & anything that can take Karachi out of these rented political terrorists grip should be taken immediately.

And mind it that in order to remove the name of MQM you have to eliminate atleast 64% of entire Karachi's population.

P.S What PML-N is in Punjab same MQM is in Karachi, closing eyes & running away from facts won't solve any problem, trust me.

might i remind you that it was musharraf who armed and strengthened MQM, after it was weakened by govts. of benazir and nawaz, which is signified by the fact that MQM lost its seats to mullah alliance in early 2000s parliamentary elections. but musharraf in his superior wisdom chose to brath new life into this monster(12 may incident shows this clearly)

Can you find any relevance between the situation in Karachi during Musharraf's rule and this PPP one and now Mr.Nawaz ?

The quick answer is ' No ' . Musharraf didn't arm and strengthen MQM , he controlled and put a leash of them and made them govern the city hence you saw the development that happened during his period . Why Musharraf though chose to be with MQM and not the Mullahs ? Because the party despite being involved in various criminal and terrorist activities is still to a large extent liberal and secular . Here , it maybe interesting to note that MQM is just a part of problem , it isn't the whole problem in itself despite being a major factor in the prevailing lawlessness in the city today , there are other factors too .

No , the party chose to boycott the elections , remember ?

Can you find any relevance between the situation in Karachi during Musharraf's rule and this PPP one and now Mr.Nawaz ?

The quick answer is ' No ' . Musharraf didn't arm and strengthen MQM , he controlled and put a leash of them and made them govern the city hence you saw the development that happened during his period . Why Musharraf though chose to be with MQM and not the Mullahs ? Because the party despite being involved in various criminal and terrorist activities is still to a large extent liberal and secular . Here , it maybe interesting to note that MQM is just a part of problem , it isn't the whole problem in itself despite being a major factor in the prevailing lawlessness in the city today , there are other factors too .

give MQM to govern karachi and you will see MQM is part of the solution

musharraf didnt do anything, musharraf made MQM the interior minister and eliminated PPP from sindh and thats why you saw stability of karachi and sindh as a whole

the CM was not even PPP, it was PMLQ and alliance

musharraf didnt do anything, musharraf made MQM the interior minister and eliminated PPP from sindh and thats why you saw stability of karachi and sindh as a whole

If your logic prevails we should handover kpk to Talibans.

yaar plz everyone knows he was the one who supported the, just because he too was muhajir....you just dont want to believe that musharraf can do anything wrong can you?

yaar plz everyone knows he was the one who supported the, just because he too was muhajir....you just dont want to believe that musharraf can do anything wrong can you?

Take the lens of ' ethnicity ' off and you will find the things very different than that . It was obvious back then that he could never find a common ground with fundamentalists with his ' Pakistan first ' and ' Enlightened Moderation ' .

No , every leader/Govt has its positives and negatives , it just happens that some have more of the former which is true for Musharraf .

Who else has been governing the city even if de facto , all along then ?

I know what Musharraf did , he was successful at things because of the ' power ' he had , he gave the Interior ministry to MQM and the Mayorship with the local Govt but he always kept a ' leash ' on them . The party needs to be controlled , after all Mr . Altaf is quite angry I heard at the role/behavior of his party members . No party should be allowed that much power and that is true for all .

Take the lens of ' ethnicity ' off and you will find the things very different than that . It was obvious back then that he could never find a common ground with fundamentalists with his ' Pakistan first ' and ' Enlightened Moderation ' .

No , every leader/Govt has its positives and negatives , it just happens that some have more of the former which is true for Musharraf .

and how does musharraf have more +ves? he's the one who refused to even receive the bodies of soldiers at Kargil, he's the brave leader who p*ssed his pants on just 1 phone call, and Pakistani land to the US, and of course attacked the tribal areas just on USA's orders the aftermath of which we're still suffering from. and about ethnicity, i too am an urdu speaking person

Who else has been governing the city even if de facto , all along then ?

I know what Musharraf did , he was successful at things because of the ' power ' he had , he gave the Interior ministry to MQM and the Mayorship with the local Govt but he always kept a ' leash ' on them . The party needs to be controlled , after all Mr . Altaf is quite angry I heard at the role/behavior of his party members . No party should be allowed that much power and that is true for all .

the administrator governs the city, think of administrator as governor

if governor rule is imposed then the elected government cant do shitt, there is administrator rule on local body since 4-5 years now

and how does musharraf have more +ves? he's the one who refused to even receive the bodies of soldiers at Kargil, he's the brave leader who p*ssed his pants on just 1 phone call, and Pakistani land to the US, and of course attacked the tribal areas just on USA's orders the aftermath of which we're still suffering from. and about ethnicity, i too am an urdu speaking person

That was my opinion , you can always agree/disagree with it .

We aren't discussing the entire political and military career of Mr.Musharraf here , I support him on things because of the development and economic progression he brought in Pakistan . But it is also true that he had ' little choice ' over certain things . I will reserve this discussion on Kargil and one phone call for another thread even though it has been discussed to ad infinitum .

Your race isn't relevant , my friend :)

Good suggestion.

Before giving Karachi to MQM,

One should give MQM to its true owners, aka the people of Karachi.

Why this fine organization has been held hostage to a blood sucking lullwa kulwa whose @rse is squarely planted in a foreign land?

Why this mota chor is being allowed to rule MQM as if it is his mai baap ki jaagir?

We are the most educated and most higly placed community in the whole of Pakistan

And

yet sadly speaking, we allow a despotic man to rule our @rses decades after decades after decades as if he is the vishnu incarnate?

Is it because of our Hindu past that we allow these demi gods to control us and every minute of our daily routine.

I am absolutely against the horrible horrible idea of governor rule in Karachi.

It will be the biggest black mark on the face of our nations' democracy.

It may open a back door for the army generals to come and take over the whole country.

thus the army must stay in barracks.

However we the urduwa community must pull back MQM goons and bhatta khors from the streets.

We must open up channels with non urduwa and create a tolerant environment within our areas for those who may not speak like us or look like us.

Unless we create tolerance in Karachi, our future generations are destined to be poor and destitute.

And this seems to be the goal of MQM

to

keep us fearful,

poor

destitute

sadly.

Back
Top Bottom