What's new

Government set to clear Rs 3,000 crore plan to develop engine for India's first UCAV

But i believe Kaveri still under development and needs serious modification in design then how can you develop derivative from unsuccessful design,
They are modifying the kabani core not the whole Kaveri engine for AURA.

BTW I suspect a amount like this may include the proposed improvement to the kavari to increase output 93Kn + for future LCA mk2 use.

It couldn't meet the thrust requirements for the LCA platform. So it was delinked from LCA program and GE engines were bought. A derivative for a smaller combat UAV won't need that much.
I think the change of IAF ASQR for the LCA, the requirement of the DRY and WET thrust increases from what it was designed initially, and there is a limitation to what it could be improved later on.

you mean to say maybe Israel can share us with this DSI tech ... man that would be great just imagine how great LCA . AMCA & AURA will become after having the alien tech the DSI :yahoo:
What is this DSI tech. ??

DSI is difficult to design but easy to manufacture, simple design and low wt. but serpentine design is also stealth.

Ha, stealth - we have only seen 1% of what DSI can do. I pray the juice reptilians share the knowledge.

@Superboy

Where r you are you banned.

But i believe Kaveri still under development and needs serious modification in design then how can you develop derivative from unsuccessful design,

Kaveri as an engine is complete but was de-linked from LCA Project as its design parameters couldn't provide enough thrust. Its been worked out to fit into AURA.

In Russia means DRDO or whatever developing Kaveri fails to rectify the problems /Faults ?

We did not have High Altitude Engine test facility back then in India. Today there is one under construction. Even Chinese used to test their engines in Russia so whats your point mate?

In Russia means DRDO or whatever developing Kaveri fails to rectify the problems /Faults ?

Unfortunately,we don't have a flying test-bed to test it here.So we will have to use this modified IL 76 freighter

kaveri_testbed1.jpg

When India decides to build something through DRDO, that's such a "no worries" development for Pakistan.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom