What's new

Got married!

LaBong

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
So I finally decided to tie the knot with my fiancé. We have been dating for last three years and no strangers to each other. It was typical Indian wedding, very extravagant and all. Everyone enjoyed and I was broke. Had to lend money from my sister for even more extravagant holiday trip (god bless you dollar for being so strong against Rupee!).
Anyway here are some tips from my experience to the bachelors who are going to be/wishes to be married!

1. Photography as hobby is cool, as long as you take her pictures and make her look like Bollywood actress. But god forbid if you take 15 minutes to set your tripod up and another 45 to tinker the exposure and aperture to capture this amazing sunset in an wonderful place where you are alone with your newlywed wife, you are screwed up and sideways. This is going to haunt you for rest of your trip and back home!

2. If you are agnostic/atheist, please throw away your lack of belief and skepticism for few days and follow the wedding rituals as if they are client requirements! And don’t ever mess with her gods; you wouldn’t want a suicide bomber at your home, would you?

3. Get rid of all eccentricities which you thought were cool in bachelor life. No more superhero movies, underground metal movements are strict NO. Neo noir and latest from Tarantino can wait. Brace yourself for Tagore plays and songs. If you are brave enough try to embrace Star Jalsa. Remember even Tony Stark had to destroy all his cool iron suits and fix his heart after getting married, and you are but mere mango people.

4. Don’t be too absorbed unto yourself. Your gorgeous and more qualified than you wife needs more attention. Try to sing Wonderful Tonight in an endless loop every time she takes 3 hours to get ready for the party. You better be as good if not better than Clapton.

5. Remember life is not a debate in Internet forums. Don’t get too smart with your words and point out the obvious logical fallacies in her argument. Words you can counter but you’d be helpless against her shedding tears and various inanimate and animated objects she will throw at you.

6. Be grateful that she married you, remember there are so many reason she couldn't have married you.

Jokes aside, it’s been wonderful journey so far, there have been few hiccups and so much fun and happiness. I hope it will remain as it is for rest of our lives together!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrote it for my blog, thought of sharing it to my friends in PDF as well. Please wish me luck and happiness and Moderators please don’t award me any infraction for next couple of years. Remember I already attract enough points for taking my time off and post here which she thinks will culminate into raid of law agencies at my home in future! :tup:

Congrads :)

Another one bites the dust :laughcry:

Congratulations and wishing you a Happy married life.

Woaah congrats man :disagree:

Congratulation and condolences. :cheesy:

Good luck brother - look after your lady, i wish you happiness with your life. :tup:

Congratulations mate! I might be getting married in the next 2 years.

My condolence with you :whistle:

Congrats May God bless you and your wife.

BTW New Mango in the Mango club :P

Mighty Joes kneeling down heheheheheh oh yeh so sonar ki aik lohar ki hehehehehehe

Congrats to you and the missus.

Congratulations!

Are you in facebook defence addicts group?

I don't know if congratulations or commiserations are in order? - jus' kidding congrats lad.

@LaBong congrats mate, wise you happy married life :)

Thanks a lot mateys!

Congratulations!

Are you in facebook defence addicts group?

No I'm not!

which part of india are you from? and which part is she from?

We both are Indian Bengali, from Calcutta.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom