What's new

Google will not return to China because it is spying on its people

now you want to defend Google by comparing which one is less evil? come on, I thought their motto is "don't be evil", not "it is ok as long as I am less evil".

Baidu's doing evil but admitting it is already bad, but it is way worse for Google to do evil and pretend not doing it, and way worse to accuse others of doing it on a higher moral ground. Even Yahoo once fought against NSA (they lost the lawsuit and was forced to join the PRISM), so google, the one which actively and forwardly joined the program, is the worst on this moral battlefield.

Normal people will see Google as being a bunch of hypocrites, people who see otherwise are just biased.

coptersick.gif

By this logic. Google should stay in US only as US is spying on the whole world. :omghaha::omghaha:

West and its duplicitous 'rights' rant!

you are derailing the discussion by false assumptions and irrelevant argument. Why are you trying to avoid the key issue here?

I am not saying Baidu is good, for this post is to show how hypocritical google is. Your claiming google is better than Baidu is also quite doubtful under current circumstances, to me they are at least equally evil, the difference being their honesty about being evil. Plus, based on what I read, Robin Lee developed a better Chinese language search engine, and that is why it has always been dominant among Chinese users.

See the highlighted? That is how people live.

If you have two seats and one of them is less harsh than the other, which one would you sit?

If you have two shacks and one roof have less holes than the other, which one would you take shelter under?

It does not matter what Google pretends to be, if people know that Google is less evil than Baidu, they will move to Google. What is the Chinese government afraid of? Why not let both compete without government intrusion? Baidu is free to operate as it wills. So will Google. The truth here is that if Baidu willingly obeys the Chinese government but Google does not, the Chinese people will abandon Baidu and it does not matter what Google say about itself.

So you go right on believing that Google is the worse evil when the truth is that the Chinese government knows that if given the freedom, Google would put Baidu out of business right in China.

also I don't know if you can remember, Yahoo had to apologize to the congress(?) for providing the content of an email written by a Chinese dissident to the Chinese government a few years ago. Now that we know every big shots in the IT industries (except for twitter maybe) are doing the same thing now, but no one has to apologize because they submit the materials to the US government. Why are we caring so much about the rights of Chinese dissidents, and so less when it comes to the rights of the Americans?

also I don't know if you can remember, Yahoo had to apologize to the congress(?) for providing the content of an email written by a Chinese dissident to the Chinese government a few years ago. Now that we know every big shots in the IT industries (except for twitter maybe) are doing the same thing now, but no one has to apologize because they submit the materials to the US government. Why are we caring so much about the rights of Chinese dissidents, and so less when it comes to the rights of the Americans?

Because Americans love Chinese more than themselves! Gee, they have sincere wish that China would prosper under democracy! Oh not, if you judge by those biases and hatred adequately evidenced by some of the American posters here.
I am just a confused guy, hehe.

you are derailing the discussion by false assumptions and irrelevant argument. Why are you trying to avoid the key issue here?

I am not saying Baidu is good, for this post is to show how hypocritical google is. Your claiming google is better than Baidu is also quite doubtful under current circumstances, to me they are at least equally evil, the difference being their honesty about being evil.
Google is better than Baidu because Google does not obey the US government in selective censorship, especially political speech. People are not as stupid as you would like to believe. Do not tell me that you cannot tell the difference between the two. You are saying Google is just as evil as Baidu not because you genuinely believe it, but because you wish to drag US down to China's level.

The issue regarding Google and Baidu is censorship of political speech.

Plus, based on what I read, Robin Lee developed a better Chinese language search engine, and that is why it has always been dominant among Chinese users.
That is fine. But do not tell me that Google does not have such talent. Let me guess, Google cannot have such talent because there are white people works there? :lol:

No it is not according to Schmidt. Schmidt specifically mentioned 'spying on its people', so please do not try to represent google while google clearly speaks for itself. We don't need you to tell us what the difference is because it is clear to us all. Your denouncing Baidu only helps us see how low level google really is.
The issue regarding Google and Baidu is censorship of political speech.

Apparently Baidu yields more precise results if you want to search something in Chinese, and that makes the essential difference in a Chinese market. You are just talking nonsense because of your biased hatred toward Baidu and unbelievable love for the US government. Seems to me, as long as one evil disguise itself using another name, you will support it over another, but eventually you support the same evil. More ironically, you support the exact evil that is screwing your privacy, and you denounce the one that has done nothing to you.
That is fine. But do not tell me that Google does not have such talent. Let me guess, Google cannot have such talent because there are white people works there? :lol:

Reasons for Google pulled out of China because Google refused to hand over the list of Chinese with Google accounts to Chinese government, Google also claimed Chinese government later hack into Google to steal information and Chinese Google emails. Google call out Chinese government violated the privacy act of Google company and Chinese citizens. Google compromise their believe in freedom of information act by allow Chinese Government to place censorship on Google search engine when Google was operated in China. Google was making a big deal of privacy infringement on the part of Chinese government and not much about censorship. Google didn't uphold their company integrity when they allowed US government to monitor the internet user and violated our privacy. Google is a devil you don't know compare to Beidu the devil you know, both embed with the governments to spy on the people. You rather do business with the devil you know and have your guard compare to the one you don't know and secretly do it behind your back.

Yada yada yada..... no matter how much you try, you can't spin this one! :D

Please...Google may cooperate with the government on what people search, but Google is far from what Baidu does, which is literally obeying any order from the government on what people will receive from their search.

See the highlighted? That is how people live.

If you have two seats and one of them is less harsh than the other, which one would you sit?

If you have two shacks and one roof have less holes than the other, which one would you take shelter under?

It does not matter what Google pretends to be, if people know that Google is less evil than Baidu, they will move to Google. What is the Chinese government afraid of? Why not let both compete without government intrusion? Baidu is free to operate as it wills. So will Google. The truth here is that if Baidu willingly obeys the Chinese government but Google does not, the Chinese people will abandon Baidu and it does not matter what Google say about itself.

So you go right on believing that Google is the worse evil when the truth is that the Chinese government knows that if given the freedom, Google would put Baidu out of business right in China.

It is not just google but microsoft intel mcafee .finance, manufacturing companies and more.read this you ignoramus facts twister!

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/258488-u-s-agencies-said-swap-data-thousands-firms.html#post4411913

The kettle keeps calling the pot black! Shameless!

What a big circus!

Any political censorship there?

you never fail to appear clownish and provide entertainment to the forumers if not the world:

Worse!

Arrested for Your Politics in America? It's Already Happening
The nebulous but potent charge of terrorism has been used to systematically curtail justice.

Arrested for Your Politics in America? It's Already Happening | Alternet

McCarthyism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The FBI's War on the Black Panther
Party's Southern California Chapter

The FBI's War on the Black Panther Party's LA Chapter

Covert United States foreign regime change actions

Covert United States foreign regime change actions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What a big joke...!!!

At yourselves and the largest imperialist in human history - the big brother americana

you never fail to appear clownish and provide entertainment to the forumers if not the world:

Worse!

Arrested for Your Politics in America? It's Already Happening
The nebulous but potent charge of terrorism has been used to systematically curtail justice.

Arrested for Your Politics in America? It's Already Happening | Alternet

McCarthyism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The FBI's War on the Black Panther
Party's Southern California Chapter

The FBI's War on the Black Panther Party's LA Chapter

Covert United States foreign regime change actions

Covert United States foreign regime change actions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At yourselves and the largest imperialist in human history - the big brother americana
alternet, The Black Panther, and McCarthyism? These are your sources to 'prove' that the US practices political oppression on the same scale as China? :lol:

Explain why is Noam Chomsky a rich and free man. I got plenty more on that list.

alternet, The Black Panther, and McCarthyism? These are your sources to 'prove' that the US practices political oppression on the same scale as China? :lol:

Explain why is Noam Chomsky a rich and free man. I got plenty more on that list.

just a small fraction of the operations of your spy agencies have caused more evil in the world than the sum of the above events many times over, licker of us imperialism!

Back
Top Bottom