What's new

Google stops censorship in China

Hahaha, yes I am married, but you know I am a man. I think you know what I mean. But I still love my wife most. Are you talk about it is even diffcult for a local man to contact a indian girl?

I dont know the situation now. Been away from India for a long time now. But I do feel the rapid socio-economic changes happening in India, everytime I visit. The moral and cultural values of the people are also changing fast. Same as what happened in China in 80's and 90's.
May be someone who is living in India can help you out.

I never said there is no satellite TV. Only international channels are restricted. There are dozens of Chinese channels available. Most are government run. It meets the requirement of 99% of the population. Foreigners have to compromise, learn chinese or stay away from the idiot box. Internet is the only window to outside world and source of entertainment. Now, even that is getting more and more restricted.

1 more thing r japanese channel available there

and r u chinese or an N.R.I chinese

I dont know how u define dictatorship.
Even though the Chinese government is not by majority of the people, its still by the chinese people. But its definitely FOR the people and OF the people.
Where one person or one group determine the political discourse of the country at the exclusion of everything else.

That may be true. But first we should establish that Chinese government is a dictatorship.
General Pervez Musharaff was a Military Dictator. He is accused of many things, but few would accuse him of being despot. Many here in this forum would revere him as a benevolent leader & Nationalistic Pakistani.
Being a nationalist is independent of being a dictator. In fact, intense nationalism is necessary prior to one becoming a dictator. A country cannot exist unless there is a citizenry, a government and some sort of loyalty and identification to both.

There could be other ways. But I can bet there is no one system which will be satisfy100% of the people 100% of the time.
Even the so called 'first world' countries in the west, have gone through dark phases in their history, and their cupboards are full of skeletons.
You are demanding an impossible goal, which is standard MO when one is attempting to defend any dictatorship.

It's not about Google but about freedom and indipendence in one's own country.

The MSN and Yahoo you have mentioned are no good as they go by CPC's dictatorship and censorship.

First I support freedom, independence, and demoncracy.
But I dont support china change current system to west demoncracy mode now or very fast. I said many times about this in other post. China current situation cant follow the perfect demoncracy mode.
China still have about 8% population under poverty line and illiteracy. And the high educated people population rate(I mean who got high level education in university) is still far less than west developed country. I dont think people under poverty line and cant even write his own name can vote reasonablly, their vote can easily bought by money. The most important mission for china now is try our best to make us rich comparing to developed country. If we follow the west mode, many problems will come in between boosting economy. China can boost economy so fast and build our infrastructure so effiently is bcoz we dont have so many problems when we need land or etc. to build a road, high speed train and etc.. Follow pure demoncracy system in china now will destroy china, it is a disaster to chinese. About this I know japan a lot, bcoz I got janapese education from I was ten. Even in japan they dont have pure demoncracy before 1980s. But I hope china will have the pure demoncracy after we reach the same level compare to the developed country.
It is my point.

I dont know the situation now. Been away from India for a long time now. But I do feel the rapid socio-economic changes happening in India, everytime I visit. The moral and cultural values of the people are also changing fast. Same as what happened in China in 80's and 90's.

Thank you for answer, when I was in india last year, it seems still not have nothing changed. They keeped cool even when I say "hello" or ask "how to go to somewhere".:frown: I am a 80s, this change started 20 years ago, and the 90s are more changed, they are totaly like japanese young, about some of their action even me a 80s, cant accept that.

Last edited:

exactly. But the fact is that some ppl wont belive the changes which r so dynamic now.but who cares for their views?

exactly. But the fact is that some ppl wont belive the changes which r so dynamic now.but who cares for their views?

right,they can only see the slums of mumbai,who cares we r really changing fast

haanji.. defence.pk is the only fun site left which is accessible from here. Whenever I feel stressedout or depressed (which is quite often here) I come to this website. It gives a big morale boost to know that there are more frustrated and bigger idiots than me in this world ..:toast_sign::whistle:

Like the saying goes 'It takes one to know one'
:smokin:

Google stops censorship in China

Everybody has the right to know of what happened, what is happening and what might happen without distorted facts. A good and bold step from Google.

ooh.. :cry: Internet was only window to the outside world for expats in China. Since there is very very limited access to satellite TV. Hardly any english newpapers. All newpapers and TV is government controlled and the content is dull and outright boring official propaganda.

P.S.: the only thing keeping me here now is the cute chinese babes.. hehe:smitten::azn:

Watch your post mate..!!! The chinese may be watching yaa..!!! You never know when they are going to pick you for this harmless comment..!!! ;)

Where one person or one group determine the political discourse of the country at the exclusion of everything else.
OK. By that logic all governments are dictatorships. Obama is a dictator. His white house administration is dictatorship. I don't think they conduct nationwide referendum for each and every decision taken by the US government.

Being a nationalist is independent of being a dictator. In fact, intense nationalism is necessary prior to one becoming a dictator. A country cannot exist unless there is a citizenry, a government and some sort of loyalty and identification to both.
I never said being a nationalist is dictatorship.

You are demanding an impossible goal, which is standard MO when one is attempting to defend any dictatorship.
Im not defending anything. Im just setting the record straight. My understanding of dictatorship is different from yours.

OK. By that logic all governments are dictatorships. Obama is a dictator. His white house administration is dictatorship. I don't think they conduct nationwide referendum for each and every decision taken by the US government.
Wrong...Governments in theory is supposed to be the sole authority figure in the country but this is independent of HOW the leaders of the country is chosen. Competing claims of authority create internal chaos and external confusion. Neighbors and allies cannot speak to an unorganized mob. They need a person or an office that holds the mantle of 'leader' for said country. Internal chaos invite hostile takeovers. So the argument that a government -- ANY government -- is a 'dictatorship' is a limited one.

Im not defending anything. Im just setting the record straight. My understanding of dictatorship is different from yours.
And yours is flawed. It is overly broad and designed so for rhetorical conveniences, such as to pull everyone in the functional democracy group down to China's level of dictatorship.

stick to the topic

have a big heart and dont engage urself with trolls or they ll bring u to their level and then smack u:hang2:

Haha, didn't you know the method to over the firewall of gov?

BTW, we have Tudou, Kaixin001, Sina blog and Baidu to replace youtube, facebook, twitter,google:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah.. have got some tools to get over the GFWC (Great Fire Wall of China). But seems the censors are just a step behind and keep plugging the wall. So always on the lookout for a new one. Very frustarting man :hitwall: Not rich to afford VPN access. :cry:

Tudou, Kaixin001, Sina blog and Baidu are cheap chinese imitations and can never replace youtube, facebook, twitter, google. Anyway they are worthless for expats who cannot read/write chinese, though i use youku/tudou to watch videos and QQ to date girls ;)

dude..be careful...today they are asking you to replace google etc..with Tudou, Kaixin001, Sina blog ..hope tomorrow they wont force you to change your eating habbits...lol...

Wrong...Governments in theory is supposed to be the sole authority figure in the country but this is independent of HOW the leaders of the country is chosen. Competing claims of authority create internal chaos and external confusion. Neighbors and allies cannot speak to an unorganized mob. They need a person or an office that holds the mantle of 'leader' for said country. Internal chaos invite hostile takeovers. So the argument that a government -- ANY government -- is a 'dictatorship' is a limited one.
Exactly. Governments are representative of all the citizens of the country. The process of electing/selecting/nominating the members of the government vary from country to country. China has its own system within the single party where the selection is done based on meritocracy. All decisions are taken based on discussions & consensus within the party. Any Chinese can become a member of the party, as long as they meet some certain criteria ( persons education level, political ideology etc..)
Democracy is good, but not the perfect system. It has its flaws. It needs adaptation for every country based on its cultures, traditions, history, development level, diversity, size, complexity, education levels of the people, awareness of the people etc. We saw the flaws in the US presidential system in year 2000 elections. Bush became president even when he lost the popular vote, because of the electoral collage system. And the whole world had to pay the price of this flaw for 8 years.
India has parliamentary system of democratic government based on Westminster model. We can see what kind of leaders we get. Recent trends is towards coalition governments, wherein even a unworthy candidate with a support of few elected Members of Parliament can become a key person in the government.

And yours is flawed. It is overly broad and designed so for rhetorical conveniences, such as to pull everyone in the functional democracy group down to China's level of dictatorship.
There is a big difference between dictatorship and single party system. Nobody calls the Chinese premier as dictator, nor he has the absolute powers. Yes, CPC has the absolute power, but the party consists of millions of members, representing all China.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom