What's new

Google stops censorship in China

oh god u r saying that even satellite television is not avilable there...it is really pathetic
Its not a pathetic case for natives i guess. For the ones who have moved in there will be surely pissed :D

And from Google's point of view, they sure will loose money.... poor Google.

Im not a expert on political affairs, but I will try to answer your queries.
Its not exactly dictatorship, but rather single party system of government (though officially there are other parties other than CPC, they are insignificant). Within the party, there is a system of election or rather more of selction. There is some degree of meritocracy in the present system in the party. Thats how the top leaders are technocrats. The ordinary citizens have no say in the decisions of the governement, but the party members have a say. Most major decisions are done by general consensus and not at the whims and fancy of any one person or group.
Not all dictators are despots and not all democratic leaders are benevolent. The chinese system works and the results are for all to see. The Chinese follow the philosophy of maximum benefit to maximum number of people, in which the opinions/rights of minority of people can be sacrificed. There are good and bad sides to it. So, I would refrain from making any comments on the chinese system. My only wish is that the CPC guys become more pragamatic and less paranoid and allow more media freeedom.

The case could be made that the dictator is the CCP.

Good move, But, what a pity the innocent chinese people will cut off from the world by CPC.

They want to manage and propogate everythinh and don't like free speech.

Typical communist just wanna talk talk and talk :blah::blah: and not ready to listen to any reason.

Good move, But, what a pity the innocent chinese people will cut off from the world by CPC.

Typical communist just wanna talk talk and talk :blah::blah: and not ready to listen to any reason.

exactly. Here in pdf same cpc members also present. ..they just troll around for favorable thngs for cpc

Its not exactly dictatorship, but rather single party system of government (though officially there are other parties other than CPC, they are insignificant). Within the party, there is a system of election or rather more of selction. There is some degree of meritocracy in the present system in the party. Thats how the top leaders are technocrats. The ordinary citizens have no say in the decisions of the governement, but the party members have a say. Most major decisions are done by general consensus and not at the whims and fancy of any one person or group.
Then this is a dictatorship.

Not all dictators are despots and not all democratic leaders are benevolent.
History have very very very few benevolent dictators. This is why the word 'dictator' is associated with the negative aspects of governance.

The chinese system works and the results are for all to see. The Chinese follow the philosophy of maximum benefit to maximum number of people, in which the opinions/rights of minority of people can be sacrificed. There are good and bad sides to it. So, I would refrain from making any comments on the chinese system. My only wish is that the CPC guys become more pragamatic and less paranoid and allow more media freeedom.
There are institutional methods to protect the freedoms and rights of minority voices. Or are you saying no one has successfully implemented those methods?

Leaving goole, we have "msn" and "yahoo" search engine, and most chinese use Baidu, they use "goole, msn, yahoo" only when they search english words. And chinese people still can link to Google. Google is smart they just changed traditional chinese of hongkong site to simple chinese.

BTW: I personally support search engine without sensor in china, bcoz it is no need to hide anything.

How to contact or date with an indian girl, do they use messanger or other something? Is there some chat rooms in indian? You know I go to indian 3 times per year. The longest one will be 3 month. It is very difficult to speak to indian girls, they are not that open compare to japanese, chinese or korean girls. Who can give me some help?:D

I too dont have that info. If you get it, please share it with me.:cheers:
BTW. I thought you were married. In one of the threads you mentioned you planned to take your wife to Kerala. Being a bad boy, eh?? :devil:;)

Yes, you are right. East Asian girls are more liberal minded, as compared to the conservative south-asian girls.

Good luck to you man. enjoy you trip to India. :azn:

Leaving goole, we have "msn" and "yahoo" search engine, and most chinese use Baidu, they use "goole, msn, yahoo" only when they search english words. And chinese people still can link to Google. Google is smart they just changed traditional chinese of hongkong site to simple chinese.

BTW: I personally support search engine without sensor in china, bcoz it is no need to hide anything.

and whta abt facebook,myspace,picasa,twitter and orkut

an another chinese guy in an anther thread evaded when i asked these

It's not about Google but about freedom and indipendence in one's own country.

The MSN and Yahoo you have mentioned are no good as they go by CPC's dictatorship and censorship.

oh god u r saying that even satellite television is not avilable there...it is really pathetic

I never said there is no satellite TV. Only international channels are restricted. There are dozens of Chinese channels available. Most are government run. It meets the requirement of 99% of the population. Foreigners have to compromise, learn chinese or stay away from the idiot box. Internet is the only window to outside world and source of entertainment. Now, even that is getting more and more restricted.

Last edited:
I too dont have that info. If you get it, please share it with me.:cheers:
BTW. I thought you were married. In one of the threads you mentioned you planned to take your wife to Kerala. Being a bad boy, eh?? :devil:;)

Yes, you are right. East Asian girls are more liberal minded, as compared to the conservative south-asian girls.

Good luck to you man. enjoy you trip to India. :azn:

Hahaha, yes I am married, but you know I am a man. I think you know what I mean. But I still love my wife most. Are you talk about it is even diffcult for a local man to contact a indian girl?

and whta abt facebook,myspace,picasa,twitter and orkut

an another chinese guy in an anther thread evaded when i asked these

Yes, the truth is all them have the same substitute in china. If you wanna see it I can provide some link to you. And china dont have many english speaker comparing to india, so they dont need any english service only need chinese service.

Then this is a dictatorship.

I dont know how u define dictatorship.
Even though the Chinese government is not by majority of the people, its still by the chinese people. But its definitely FOR the people and OF the people.

History have very very very few benevolent dictators. This is why the word 'dictator' is associated with the negative aspects of governance.
That may be true. But first we should establish that Chinese government is a dictatorship.
General Pervez Musharaff was a Military Dictator. He is accused of many things, but few would accuse him of being despot. Many here in this forum would revere him as a benevolent leader & Nationalistic Pakistani.

There are institutional methods to protect the freedoms and rights of minority voices. Or are you saying no one has successfully implemented those methods?
There could be other ways. But I can bet there is no one system which will be satisfy100% of the people 100% of the time.
Even the so called 'first world' countries in the west, have gone through dark phases in their history, and their cupboards are full of skeletons.

Back
Top Bottom