What's new

Good news on Kashmir likely before LS polls in India: Zardari

Guys
Please understand the heirarchy and the cast system that prevails in Kashmir(Allah give Hidayat to all Muslims!!!) There is a world of difference between the people of the mountains and the valley.They may have the odd relatives here and there but there is no similarity or affinity between the two. The IOK people consider themselves to be more cultured and of a higher caste. Having been under Indian occupation they are more liberalized and probably more ducated as well. They do not want anything to do with the people of the mountains.
The people of the mountain(Azad Kashmir) would consider it a problem if their rule was chalanged by the valley people. they would probably continue with Pakistan.
My 2 paisas worth of knowledge on the basis of my discussions with my Kasmiri brothers.
Araz

Last edited:
Will it be part of the new sovereign state as one of the brothers mentioned above or will it stay part of Pakistan?

Its up to them, more and more Kashmiris want their own identity and don't want to be a part of India or Pakistan. Its acceptable for us.

Guys
Please understand the heirarchy and the cast system that prevails in Kashmir(Allah give Hidayat to all Muslims!!!) There ias a world of difference between the people of the mountains and the valley.They may have the odd relatives here and there but there is no similarity or affinity between the two. The IOK people consider themselves to be more cultured and of a higher caste. Having been under Indiuan occupation they are more liberalized as well. They do not want anything to do with the people of the mountains.
The people of the mountain(Azad Kashmir) would consider it a problem if their rule was chalanged by the valley people. they would probably continue with Pakistan.
My 2 paisas worth of knowledge on the basis of my discussions with my Kasmiri brothers.
Araz

:)

Well sir there are many other differences too.
But still let them decide as you said and as i believe these differences would be deciding factor.

We have nothing to lose.

:enjoy:

Guys
Please understand the heirarchy and the cast system that prevails in Kashmir(Allah give Hidayat to all Muslims!!!) There ias a world of difference between the people of the mountains and the valley.They may have the odd relatives here and there but there is no similarity or affinity between the two. The IOK people consider themselves to be more cultured and of a higher caste. Having been under Indiuan occupation they are more liberalized as well. They do not want anything to do with the people of the mountains.
Araz

Excellent point Sir! :tup:

So even united and liberated Kashmir may not bring peace and stablity to her people?

Oh Oh then say goodbye to Azad Kashmir, does that include Northern Areas too?

Without Northern Areas.....Pakistan will not be the same.

Look at the world today....Muslims want to get away from Muslims and Hindus want to stay with Hindus... Jammu will never leave India but why are so many Kashmiri Muslims (especially in Indian Held Kashmir) after an independent state why not join their fellow Muslims in Pakistan.

The truth is that Kashmiris cant express their wishes openly without being harassed by the Indian occupying army. Kashmiris are well known for celebrating the Pakistani Independence day, and waving Pakistani flags, and they pay for that with extreme hostility by the Indian army.

Nobody knows what the Kashmiris really want without a referendum taking place.
But despite being occupied, Kashmiris have still managed to tell the world everything by waving the Pakistani flag.

Are you suggesting that Kashmir should remain the way it is ???

Changing LOC into IB isn't going to solve the problems, again its up to the Kashmiris and they have to decide.
We want peace in the region, an unstable Kashmir would continue to be the political battleground between India and Pakistan. If we let go of it, we must ensure that it remains Pakistan friendly.

Sir, I think if people of mountain and valley, both, are given a chance to choose between rule of GOI or among themselves, they would prefer the later.

This difference of opinion will only be enjoyed once Kashmiris are united and liberated from Indian oppression.

Sir, I think if people of mountain and valley, both, are given a chance to choose between rule of GOI or among themselves, they would prefer the later.

This difference of opinion will only be enjoyed once Kashmiris are united and liberated from Indian oppression.

Agree on first account but what about the aftermath of unification?
Will Kashmir be stable enough to set course to become a moderate and wellfaring society or will she fall pray to ethnic and social indifferences?

Changing LOC into IB isn't going to solve the problems, again its up to the Kashmiris and they have to decide.
We want peace in the region, an unstable Kashmir would continue to be the political battleground between India and Pakistan. If we let go of it, we must ensure that it remains Pakistan friendly.

Neo i think you have not slept tightly :P
Changing LoC into IB is Indian brainchild not ours.

We want peace in Kashmir if they are happy being independent well and good after all we are advocating for fulfiling desires of Kashmiris.

Kashmir has been pro-Pakistan or leaning towards Pakistan historicaly.
Above all it will be more dependent on Pakistan economicaly and why it will not be friendly to Pakistan.

Will Kashmir be stable enough to set course to become a moderate and wellfaring society or will she fall pray to ethnic and social indifferences?

:) if give choice to people of Azad Kashmir if they want to join the liberated Kashmir or stay the same what do you think what will be there response???

:)

No worry dear that is much latter part.

I've been to both sides of LOC several times and never came accross a single anti-Pakistan soul of Kashmiri origin. But still we should be prepared to give them their independency if thats what they want.

Sir, stability of Kashmir after unification depends on itself (leaders & people) and its neighbors. If given a chance, there is no doubt that Kashmir will evolve into a moderate and wellfare state.

Also, I think we should not expect Kashmir to build perfect fool proof stable and just social system soon after unification. Their just social system will definitely improve with the passage of time. But Sir, again i will come to my first point that if unified Kashmir is given a chance to acquire stability by its leaders and its neighbors.

Last edited:
:) guess what my Indian friend. First of all you should get your own Indian flag and then come to debat. Trust me i will love to debate the issue.

till then :enjoy:

I'm Pakistani NOT Indian, please dont insult me.

I know many Kashmiris, and they tell me they dont like a Line of Control dividing their homeland. Many people in Azad Kashmir have relatives in Indian Held Kashmir and want to be united with them. Of the Kashmiris I've talked to, I would assume they would want to be united with the rest of Kashmir. Most people in Azad Kashmir want to be united with rest of Kashmir and have entire Kashmir as a 5th province of Pakistan, but it seems like most people in Indian held Kashmir want an independent country, whatever their choice might be most people in Azad Kashmir want to be united with rest of Kashmir.

I've also talked to someone from Indian held Kashmir and he said he respects Pakistan but doesn't like the political system in Pakistan and doesnt like that many Pakistanis are not awre of whats happening around them and said we dont want to be with Pakistan, we want an independant country, and if u ask a person from Azad Kashmir, he will say we just want to be united with our relatives in the other side of Kashmir.

Just telling the truth here, I'm not Indian.

P.S. Northern Areas is the most beautiful part of Pakistan and connects us to China, dont know if Pakistan will be willin to give up that, its one of the most imp areas in Pakistan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom