What's new

‘Good Muslims should build bridges with other faiths’

The central principle of the religion called "islam" is TOLERANCE. That is the reason why Egypt has 8 million Christians, while Spain, Italy, and much of Eastern Europe were wiped out of Muslims.

That is the reason why, the Mughals did not get rid of every Hindu in India, but let them live and prosper. That is also the reason why tens of thousands of Sufi Saints can be found all over the Indian country-side, and on whose hands millions of Hindus converted to Islam. Khawaja Ajmeri being one saint who settled in Rajasthan and is well known to have converted a million Hindus all over India, by just his spiritual state and love. This was in the late 1200s.

i personally believe christians in egypt are the most safest christian community in entire muslim world. but yet they are threaten every day forcefull conversion are common ,where as in spain and other christian nation ur muslim people dont need to fear backlash from christian communities like what happens in muslim world...
[video]http://www.livestation.com/en/rt/en/on_demand/63489379b0e1a7858b85d9a0ae46396a-religious-rage-will-egypt-s-muslims-copts-live-in-peace-rt-documentary-pre-recorded[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
If what you say is true why over 100 crores of Hindus are living in Hindustan?? Every country and culture have their bad time as well as good time. Couple of centuries were were not very good for us. But we put the resistant and finally defeated those invaders.
I want to ask you a question?

If we do not defeat them than who else did that? Who ended the Mughal regime? How Mughal regime collapse after Aurangzeb? Who defeated Tipu? Who vanished Adilshahi?

Any idea???

Any idea how Aurangzeb (Mughal Dynasty) and Adil shah Dynasty collapsed? How measurably they were defeated and ridiculed by Maratha??

Once again crazy revisionist hindu history and faux bravery

Every empire has time limit to its rule, intial muslim incursions into india were well over 1000 years ago this wasent a few low centuries, this was over a millenium of hindu defeat

The Mugham empire was a goliath and spread to its maximum size under Aurangzeb, the empire however was too large to govern effectivley and had too many internal forces pulling in different directions. As long as a strong Aurengzeb was alive he could keep it together as soon as he died the next emperor needed to be as strong and as resiliant as he was, this was not the case and the different internal forces pulled the empire apart effectivley.

Non of this brave blackie hindu rubbish revisionist history

Tipu Sultan was as an powerfull and great ruler and the only effective resistance to the british that india had (in his area). The hindu's went from being slaves of muslims to slaves of the british where were your glorious maratha's, where were they went tamerland killed hundreds of thousands of hindu's, where were they when temple after temple was destroyed

The central principle of the religion called "islam" is TOLERANCE. That is the reason why Egypt has 8 million Christians, while Spain, Italy, and much of Eastern Europe were wiped out of Muslims.

That is the reason why, the Mughals did not get rid of every Hindu in India, but let them live and prosper. That is also the reason why tens of thousands of Sufi Saints can be found all over the Indian country-side, and on whose hands millions of Hindus converted to Islam. Khawaja Ajmeri being one saint who settled in Rajasthan and is well known to have converted a million Hindus all over India, by just his spiritual state and love. This was in the late 1200s.

there is massive hindu terrorism in india perpetrated daily on the 180 million dalits

then you have the Sangh Parivar, RSS/VHP etc hooligans, who terrorise millions of minorities in India every day

youtube is full of their hate videos

Aha!!

Classic.

An example of victimhood complex of muslims.

Above poster was acting as thekedar of muslims proclaiming how Islam is synonymous with tolerance but in the next post acted like a classical muslim and started his Pavlovian rant against another religion.

This is an example of why majority of non muslims take muslims to be intolerant cünts.

I have no idea of how Muslims live in the Muslim countries but every day I see how they act in the Western world, specifically in Europe where I am from, and I have to say that Muslims are absolutely intolerant and they have no understanding that there is something apart from Sharia law so I agree that Muslims stuck somewhere deeply in the past centuries ago. Today Christians, atheists or any non-Muslim person is more tolerant than Muslims thanks to policy of our governments that forgot themselves in playing with Islam fundamentalists. As result every day I see on TV or in newspapers about immigrants from some Muslim countries that committed crimes against native citizens but no one say about their religion. That is European tolerance while Muslims here are unfettered by any responsibility or obligations. They won't make any steps to build bridges with other religions or non-Muslims. Inside the mind of Muslim fundamentalist everything is simple. You accept Islam or you will die because infidels are the worst enemies for every Muslim. Their only purpose is absolute obedience to Sharia and for the sane Western world this is lethal disease that already hit us and slowly killing at the moment. That's what Islam is about.

That is the most perverted sick thing I have ever heard from you.

No, when muslims stone they have to imagine " Shaitan " ( Arabic word for Satan ) for his disobedience to God for not Bowing down to Adam as commanded by God.

Muslim lives do not revolve around you Zionist, Mr. Narcissistic Weirdo.....

He honestly believes everything in Muslims lives revolve round zionist trash when most Muslims are busy trying to feed their families lol, illusions of grandeur.

chanceless. they wont b muslims if they do so. its just doesn't end till everyone is converted to islam by hook or crook. well therez something called as al taqiya....lolz liying is permitted in islam if its helpful in spreading the religion. wait let me post a video of some of the "good" things in islam. lets see how tolerant muslims are now.

chanceless. they wont b muslims if they do so. its just doesn't end till everyone is converted to islam by hook or crook. well therez something called as al taqiya....lolz liying is permitted in islam if its helpful in spreading the religion. wait let me post a video of some of the "good" things in islam. lets see how tolerant muslims are now.

I think you have some misconception about Taqqiya my friend. Taqqiya means the act of concealing one's true religious beliefs in order to prevent death or injury to oneself or other Muslims.

Source: The Oxford Encyclopedia of the Islamic World

Once again crazy revisionist hindu history and faux bravery

Every empire has time limit to its rule, intial muslim incursions into india were well over 1000 years ago this wasent a few low centuries, this was over a millenium of hindu defeat

The Mugham empire was a goliath and spread to its maximum size under Aurangzeb, the empire however was too large to govern effectivley and had too many internal forces pulling in different directions. As long as a strong Aurengzeb was alive he could keep it together as soon as he died the next emperor needed to be as strong and as resiliant as he was, this was not the case and the different internal forces pulled the empire apart effectivley.

Non of this brave blackie hindu rubbish revisionist history

Tipu Sultan was as an powerfull and great ruler and the only effective resistance to the british that india had (in his area). The hindu's went from being slaves of muslims to slaves of the british where were your glorious maratha's, where were they went tamerland killed hundreds of thousands of hindu's, where were they when temple after temple was destroyed

A typical Mullah Answer which starts with ridiculing some one. More bulshit and less logic. Hindu paranoia is clearly visible in posting.

Do you know isalm very fast spread in middle east up to Iran but why failed to penetrate India. Do you know How measurably Marathas defeated Mughal and Adil shah Generals. If you read Indian history in Islamic text, You will find the description of Shivaji like a man with Mysterious power who knows everything. They were so scared of Marathas that They prefer not to come to south India. Do you know How measurably Afzalkhan was killed and beheaded? Do you know how scared shaistkhan never thought of coming to south through out his life.How Peshwas Screwed Mughals and finished them from India?

But I think that this is not taught to you in school. Since you leave in a nice country with all kind of freedom and keeps uptodate record of History, you can educate yourself.

logo.png

‘Good Muslims should build bridges with other faiths’

al-azhar_0.jpg

Sheik Ahmed el-Tayeb, 2nd right, Grand Imam of Egypt's Al-Azhar University, welcomes Coptic Orthodox Clergymen before his meeting with the Coptic Orthodox Church's Pope Tawadros II in Cairo on Oct. 5, 2013. (AP Photo/Hassan Ammar)

MINA: SIRAJ WAHAB | ARAB NEWS STAFF
Published — Wednesday 16 October 2013

A Pakistani-American pilgrim here says Muslims should build bridges with other faiths to counter the growing misperception of Islam.

Jamil Waqar, a 62-year-old from New York City, who works as a pharmacist and runs a real estate business, said the recent acts of terror carried out by so-called Muslims have tarnished Islam.
Waqar is one of 2,000 pilgrims from the United States and Canada performing the Haj this year with nearly 1.6 million other pilgrims from across the globe.

Some of the pilgrims are reverts who recently embraced Islam. When Arab News approached some for interviews at their camp in Mina on Tuesday, they politely refused saying they were in a state of ihram. “Sorry,” said one of who was referred to by his fellow pilgrims as Patrick. He was heading to Makkah with his group to perform tawaf (circumambulation of the Holy Kaaba).

In another section of the tent for Americans and Canadians, religious scholars delivered speeches on how to lead life after Haj. Women pilgrims were also present.

“If you ask me, non-Muslims have become afraid of Islam, and the number of people that have embraced Islam have gone down,” he said. “Here in Mina and at Arafat, I prayed to Allah to show us the right direction and to help us wash away this stain of terrorism,” said Waqar.

When he arrived in New York 35 years ago there were not many mosques, he said. “Now you can find mosques in all neighborhoods; the mosques are full of people, especially young people, which is quite heartening.”

Waqar said it was wrong for Muslims to berate non-Muslims all the time.

“My son, Shaan, is studying at Albany Medical College, and since he always eats halal food, his non-Muslim friends make it a point to only go to halal-food restaurants,” he said. “Are they not better than us? And here we are passing strictures against them all the time.” He said Muslims need to be tolerant of other faiths. “Unless and until we appreciate them, we will not be able to bridge this gap between us and them,” he said. “We need to exercise moderation rather than condemning non-Muslims.”

He said events taking place in the Muslim world was harming the pristine image of Islam and Muslims. “If we are going to blow up schools, then what do we expect other people to think of us? Now is the time for introspection, and now is the time for good people to stand up and be counted.”

He praised the Saudi government and leadership for the excellent Haj arrangements and helping to ensure pilgrims can perform their Haj rituals in comfort.
“They deserve our gratitude.”

Waqar said he was here for the first time and "was very happy.” He did not find the Haj very difficult. “I was expecting hardships, but everything went well for me; it was very easy,” he said. He said it was a great feeling to be here. “You get to know people from other parts of the world,” he said. “It's good to share and care, which is what the Haj is all about.”

Waqar said their tour operator made good arrangements. “Nearly 2,000 pilgrims have come with this group from the United States and Canada,” he said. “I paid for the high-end package that cost me $14,000. The lowest package was $10,000.”

Solomon2 comment: however well-intentioned this fellow is, he misses what appears to me to be the essential failing of sharia: tolerance is inferior to rights. If the non-Muslim has no right to sharply criticize Islam or Mohammed or if a Muslim cannot switch his allegiance to another faith without evoking a violent response that is endorsed by the perpetrator's community, people will always live under tyranny or its shadow.

Pakistanis here don't have to believe me, of course. It is perfectly legal in Pakistan for an individual to convert from Islam to another faith. But what feelings run through your mind at the thought of doing so? There you go.

In Islamic Dictionary there is no word called "Good Muslim" or Bad Muslim". If he is Muslim then he/she must be good otherwise he/she should be any thing but not muslim.

I have no idea of how Muslims live in the Muslim countries but every day I see how they act in the Western world, specifically in Europe where I am from, and I have to say that Muslims are absolutely intolerant and they have no understanding that there is something apart from Sharia law so I agree that Muslims stuck somewhere deeply in the past centuries ago. Today Christians, atheists or any non-Muslim person is more tolerant than Muslims thanks to policy of our governments that forgot themselves in playing with Islam fundamentalists. As result every day I see on TV or in newspapers about immigrants from some Muslim countries that committed crimes against native citizens but no one say about their religion. That is European tolerance while Muslims here are unfettered by any responsibility or obligations. They won't make any steps to build bridges with other religions or non-Muslims. Inside the mind of Muslim fundamentalist everything is simple. You accept Islam or you will die because infidels are the worst enemies for every Muslim. Their only purpose is absolute obedience to Sharia and for the sane Western world this is lethal disease that already hit us and slowly killing at the moment. That's what Islam is about.

You cannot judge religion by persons but by the book (Quran, Bible etc.) if i put your statement as standard then Hitler, Nipolean etc are Christian and they love to kill inocent people, so can we say that chirstian love killing peoples?

To be honest those who associate the word "intolerant" with Muslims are usually those who have hardly known a single Muslim in their lives and i have met people who do tell such things of how they have never known a Muslim closely enough to ever dispel such myths and when they finally did they could see their hospitality and openmindedness. Naming all Muslims as intolerant for the actions of a few terrorists would soon lead to all religions and their followers being declared terrorists as well because as hard it is for some people to accept there is a long list of Christian, Hindu, Jews and i was shocked to find even Buddhist terrorists who kill others as ruthlessly but i still can't claim that every Christain or Hindu is intolerant towards a person of another faith.

No thats not what Islam is about its almost like you're illiterate and you copy paste something from somewhere and claim you know it thats how absurd it sounds. You don't know how Muslims live in their countries and you certainly don't know how people from your part of the world influence their lives negatively which most i would say don't even have the guts to accept and then they talk about Sharia what do you even know about it other than your wikipedia sources which are not in the least credible when it comes to these issues or maybe you stay prepared to hear the stupid illogical fatwas that are issued by your stooges. None of your sources at least on Islam, how Muslims live and conduct their lives and how most of them are not peace loving, is backed by anything other than sheer lack of knowledge and like most, you would also consider yourself to have the authority to give a verdict on the subject you have no idea about.

I'd like to weigh in on this, and start off with my appreciation for this initiative, but also add one note to this; for moderate muslims to call extremist muslims 'not muslim' is the same tactic as extremist muslims use against muslims of other flavors of Islam than their own, and I don't think this attitude (on either side) will help solve the problems of muslims; in fact i think it's likely it'll do the opposite, even though it might be a popular message (coming from moderate muslims) to 'dumber' western audiences. A more effective label for extremist muslims (floated by moderate muslims) might be 'extremist muslims are severely misguided by clergy that corrupts the essence of Islam'.

The central principle of the religion called "islam" is TOLERANCE.

Well, that's the viewpoint of 'man in the middle' muslims, whose most objectionable attribute is that they publicly support extremist muslims 'efforts' by claiming the violence by extremist muslims is justified somehow, or just does not exist.

https://www.google.nl/search?q=islam+central+principles - I could find no page on the 1st page of these search results that lists 'tolerance' as a central principle of Islam. I did find 'obedience to Allah' as central principle, which I'd like to make a remark about that will prove crucial to the future fate of muslims :

'Submission to Allah' translates in today's reality (in muslim extremist ruled territories *especially*) as 'Submission to what the imams say is the will of Allah'

This is the *core* of the spiritual corruption that is at the heart of nearly all the problems muslims have to endure today. The fact that you are forced (by any means up to public torture into death eh) to *blindly obey* your priests, even if they send you to severely-counter-productive wars to impose some set of (very restrictive!) social rules on other cultures and 'other flavors of Islam'.

I should note that not just Islam suffers from this spiritual corruption; Christians were severely politically influenced by Christian priests (and some still are) until most Christians stopped going to church regularly and getting their political direction from their priests (around 100-50 years ago).

The central problem is this: As soon as the Prophet of our common God has died, and all those who heard his voice with their own ears as well, any Holy Book or scriptures that Prophet made become the property of (and subject to change by) people attracted to political power; "the corrupt", whom I very seriously suspect to be the true source of all 'other religions suck and may/must be conquered by the sword by us' directives in Holy Books, so they can use the wars that are the result of that as a means to keep an army employed and paid (through looting of other religions' followers).

A more recent example of how (very) good intentions by a (near?-)prophet-class spiritual leader get corrupted in no time at all once he's left this Earthly plane in 1990, is mr Osho (note: i don't think this guy was a Prophet of God, but I have read some of the books on spirituality that he wrote, and thought them to be fairly good) ;
WHAT enlightenment??!: Andrew Cohen and the Corruption of Power

What is evil is the misogyny and inhumanity that underlies Andrew’s world view.

Wendyl’s memory of that Rishikesh retreat is so much fuller than my own. But memories of the endless, obsessive, manic attempts by the group of women to reclaim some approval from Andrew came flooding back to me. And a memory of the special treatment I remember receiving despite the fact that I had committed the same “crime” of apologizing. You see, any woman that said “I’m sorry” to anyone for any reason was kicked out of the retreat to join the other women in the private hell Wendyl described. The women were desperate, doing anything that they could to get out from under the boulder of accusations of being subhuman, and “I’m sorry” is the refrain of individuals who either are wholeheartedly sorry for their behavior, trying to end a personal conflict or, as in our case at the time, in that context, and under those circumstances, profoundly sorry for our own existence.

But I was treated differently, I believe because I had given Andrew well over 2 million dollars by then-nearly all of my money.

I regret the time I spent with him, ashamed at some of the outrageous competitive behavior I engaged in, vying for proximity to Andrew. But what I regret more than anything is allowing Michelle Hemingway and Steve Brett, among others, to coerce me into giving Andrew my money. It is that act that helped give him a power base and some semblance of legitimacy. It was at the time about two-thirds of the purchase price of Foxhollow.

It is all about understanding the context as someone put it. In the context of the world outside Andrew's community or cult, what he did was illegal, something called "undue influence." It is akin to a therapist seeking sexual company from a client or a priest who manipulates a parishioner into donating to the church. I imagine if it wasn’t me, there would be others like me who would have and I am sure continue to give away their money and soul to him as I did. If someone still within the community reads this and considers giving away their wealth, please reconsider. It was the greatest mistake of my life. The genuine human tragedies that have happened in our world since then, 9/11, the human rights abuses throughout the middle east by us and others, the AIDS crisis in Africa and the world, the illiteracy in the world, the Tsunami, the flood in the South, the earthquakes…each would have been an opportunity to give my money to and actually served a greater good.

Getting back to Islam; if you want to outgrow the violence that (some of) your priests preach, try not to simply recite prayers to Allah when you pray. Try to have a personal conversation with Allah, or your Prophet Mohammed. So that Allah may make His *current* will -in today's reality- known to you.

That is the reason why Egypt has 8 million Christians, while Spain, Italy, and much of Eastern Europe were wiped out of Muslims.

https://www.google.nl/webhp?q=christians+attacked+by+muslims#q=christians+attacked+by+muslims

Islam in Spain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia : As of 2007, it is estimated that over 1 million Muslims live in Spain

Islam in Italy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia : Today there are approximately 1,500,000 Muslims and an estimated 500 mosques in Italy.

Muslim Population

While I applaud (seriously, no pun) any muslim ruler who truly respects other religions' followers' right to self-determination and civil rights in his jurisdiction, I don't think the (too often) one-sided praise for rulers from long ago serves at all to address the problems of today and the (near) future.

Part of the problem with anti muslims bias is the ignorance of some people to portray all muslims as one homogenous body. I am not responsible for the criminal acts of muslims, just like you are not responsible for criminal acts of your co-religionists.

That's all very true, but I do expect you to support the right to self-defence and self-determination of cultures against extremist muslims' attempt to evangalize us by the sword or bomb.

Where are the poor/illiterate westerners,do they know what hunger is?

https://www.google.nl/search?q=western+public+on+foodstamps

Did not Christianity commit brutal atrocities as well? Such as in the Crusades?

https://www.google.nl/search?q=medieval+crusades+was+response+to+muslim+aggression

plus, focussing on long-past suffering or good behaviour, will do nothing to make the present and future better but derail any discussion on that into a swamp from which there is no escape.

Fortunately, the majority of muslim residents in western countries, just want a life free from religious oppression and a decent income. However, the minority that wants to impose sharia law even on the original inhabitants of our territories, can indeed be quite loud at times.
The best thing moderate muslims can do to improve the image of muslims among non-muslims is to convince (somehow) the muslims who seek to impose their social rules on other (sub)cultures to completely let go of evangelism by violence and threat of violence.

You cannot judge religion by persons but by the book (Quran, Bible etc.)

Quite the contrary; I judge followers of a religion by their actions, and also by what their priests preach 'is actually in our Holy Book'.

No thats not what Islam is about its almost like you're illiterate and you copy paste something from somewhere and claim you know it thats how absurd it sounds. You don't know how Muslims live in their countries and you certainly don't know how people from your part of the world influence their lives negatively which most i would say don't even have the guts to accept and then they talk about Sharia what do you even know about it other than your wikipedia sources which are not in the least credible when it comes to these issues or maybe you stay prepared to hear the stupid illogical fatwas that are issued by your stooges. None of your sources at least on Islam, how Muslims live and conduct their lives and how most of them are not peace loving, is backed by anything other than sheer lack of knowledge and like most, you would also consider yourself to have the authority to give a verdict on the subject you have no idea about.

Yea, until all those tolerant muslims do something to stop the religious oppression (by torture) by those 'minority extremist muslims', I can't really call them truly tolerant OR respectable, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom