What's new

‘Good Muslims should build bridges with other faiths’

The central principle of the religion called "islam" is TOLERANCE. That is the reason why Egypt has 8 million Christians, while Spain, Italy, and much of Eastern Europe were wiped out of Muslims.

That is the reason why, the Mughals did not get rid of every Hindu in India, but let them live and prosper. That is also the reason why tens of thousands of Sufi Saints can be found all over the Indian country-side, and on whose hands millions of Hindus converted to Islam. Khawaja Ajmeri being one saint who settled in Rajasthan and is well known to have converted a million Hindus all over India, by just his spiritual state and love. This was in the late 1200s.

There is a term called Bull-$hit and that is what you are spouting.
The christians in the medieval era might not have been tolerant.

But today Christianity and Christian nations are a hundred times more tolerant than ANY Islamic nation on this planet.

Dont give examples of things that happened a century ago. Christians have moved on, but Islam is still stuck to the same level of freedom and tolerance that it gave many centuries back.

Christianity today is a FAR more peaceful, peaceable and a humanitarian religion than Islam is.

At the end of the day - its the Muslims who are killing others in the name of their religion - from Kenya to India to UK, not the Christians. That says a lot.

There is a term called Bull-$hit and that is what you are spouting.
The christians in the medieval era might not have been tolerant.

But today Christianity and Christian nations are a hundred times more tolerant than ANY Islamic nation on this planet.

Dont give examples of things that happened a century ago. Christians have moved on, but Islam is still stuck to the same level of freedom and tolerance that it gave many centuries back.

Christianity today is a FAR more peaceful, peaceable and a humanitarian religion than Islam is.

At the end of the day - its the Muslims who are killing others - from Kenya to India to UK, not the Christians. That says a lot.

Well then what do you call the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan? Fallujah massacre? Abu Ghraib scandal?
You sound just like another ignorant Islamaphobe to me. Most of your posts are Anti-Muslim.

there is massive hindu terrorism in india perpetrated daily on the 180 million dalits

then you have the Sangh Parivar, RSS/VHP etc hooligans, who terrorise millions of minorities in India every day

youtube is full of their hate videos
Their followers are also present on this forum. Heck they are even in this thread.

Well then what do you call the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan? Fallujah massacre? Abu Ghraib scandal?
You sound just like another ignorant Islamaphobe to me. Most of your posts are Anti-Muslim.
Didnt these start after some pious Muslims flew a plane into the middle of Manhattan?

And, the difference is that the American military is organized. If any of the Army conduct attrocities, they are booked and prosecuted by their governments.

Lastly, the Americans dont start randomly shooting civilians yelling 'God wills it', or 'in the name of the Pope'.

I hope you are smart enough to see the logical fallacy of comparing the two here.

logo.png

‘Good Muslims should build bridges with other faiths’

al-azhar_0.jpg

Sheik Ahmed el-Tayeb, 2nd right, Grand Imam of Egypt's Al-Azhar University, welcomes Coptic Orthodox Clergymen before his meeting with the Coptic Orthodox Church's Pope Tawadros II in Cairo on Oct. 5, 2013. (AP Photo/Hassan Ammar)

MINA: SIRAJ WAHAB | ARAB NEWS STAFF
Published — Wednesday 16 October 2013

A Pakistani-American pilgrim here says Muslims should build bridges with other faiths to counter the growing misperception of Islam.

Jamil Waqar, a 62-year-old from New York City, who works as a pharmacist and runs a real estate business, said the recent acts of terror carried out by so-called Muslims have tarnished Islam.
Waqar is one of 2,000 pilgrims from the United States and Canada performing the Haj this year with nearly 1.6 million other pilgrims from across the globe.

Some of the pilgrims are reverts who recently embraced Islam. When Arab News approached some for interviews at their camp in Mina on Tuesday, they politely refused saying they were in a state of ihram. “Sorry,” said one of who was referred to by his fellow pilgrims as Patrick. He was heading to Makkah with his group to perform tawaf (circumambulation of the Holy Kaaba).

In another section of the tent for Americans and Canadians, religious scholars delivered speeches on how to lead life after Haj. Women pilgrims were also present.

“If you ask me, non-Muslims have become afraid of Islam, and the number of people that have embraced Islam have gone down,” he said. “Here in Mina and at Arafat, I prayed to Allah to show us the right direction and to help us wash away this stain of terrorism,” said Waqar.

When he arrived in New York 35 years ago there were not many mosques, he said. “Now you can find mosques in all neighborhoods; the mosques are full of people, especially young people, which is quite heartening.”

Waqar said it was wrong for Muslims to berate non-Muslims all the time.

“My son, Shaan, is studying at Albany Medical College, and since he always eats halal food, his non-Muslim friends make it a point to only go to halal-food restaurants,” he said. “Are they not better than us? And here we are passing strictures against them all the time.” He said Muslims need to be tolerant of other faiths. “Unless and until we appreciate them, we will not be able to bridge this gap between us and them,” he said. “We need to exercise moderation rather than condemning non-Muslims.”

He said events taking place in the Muslim world was harming the pristine image of Islam and Muslims. “If we are going to blow up schools, then what do we expect other people to think of us? Now is the time for introspection, and now is the time for good people to stand up and be counted.”

He praised the Saudi government and leadership for the excellent Haj arrangements and helping to ensure pilgrims can perform their Haj rituals in comfort.
“They deserve our gratitude.”

Waqar said he was here for the first time and "was very happy.” He did not find the Haj very difficult. “I was expecting hardships, but everything went well for me; it was very easy,” he said. He said it was a great feeling to be here. “You get to know people from other parts of the world,” he said. “It's good to share and care, which is what the Haj is all about.”

Waqar said their tour operator made good arrangements. “Nearly 2,000 pilgrims have come with this group from the United States and Canada,” he said. “I paid for the high-end package that cost me $14,000. The lowest package was $10,000.”

Solomon2 comment: however well-intentioned this fellow is, he misses what appears to me to be the essential failing of sharia: tolerance is inferior to rights. If the non-Muslim has no right to sharply criticize Islam or Mohammed or if a Muslim cannot switch his allegiance to another faith without evoking a violent response that is endorsed by the perpetrator's community, people will always live under tyranny or its shadow.

Pakistanis here don't have to believe me, of course. It is perfectly legal in Pakistan for an individual to convert from Islam to another faith. But what feelings run through your mind at the thought of doing so? There you go.

Part of the problem with anti muslims bias is the ignorance of some people to portray all muslims as one homogenous body. I am not responsible for the criminal acts of muslims, just like you are not responsible for criminal acts of your co-religionists.

Didnt these start after some pious Muslims flew a plane into the middle of Manhattan?

And, the difference is that the American military is organized. If any of the Army conduct attrocities, they are booked and prosecuted by their governments.

Lastly, the Americans dont start randomly shooting civilians yelling 'God wills it', or 'in the name of the Pope'.

I hope you are smart enough to see the logical fallacy of comparing the two here.
Not going to happen with THAT one...

They didn't fight those wars in the name of the religion.

Pal Religion plays a role in almost every war.The inmates were being forced to believe in jesus at gitmo. The war with vietnam played a role of religion as well.

How is the nation of Iraq responsible for it?

I am also Pro-American and I agree with this but the atrocities will never stop.

No not the pope but Gitmo prisoners were being forced to believe in jesus while being tortured.The list goes on.

Doesn't matter anymore! I am gonna quit this forum. Do what you want I won't bother you anymore:wave:

How is the nation of Iraq responsible for it?

I am also Pro-American and I agree with this but the atrocities will never stop.

No not the pope but Gitmo prisoners were being forced to believe in jesus while being tortured.The list goes on.

Doesn't matter anymore! I am gonna quit this forum. Do what you want I won't bother you anymore:wave:

no,dont go........... :cray:

I think the jews shoud to, i've never seen a jew in a chinese restaurant

The jews have never invited anyone in their synagogues, when the great mosque of Paris has a restaurant where everybody can go eating

Bull ****, you should never be tolerant of an enemy

Hindu's, Jews anyone who oppressed muslims should be hated, despised and opposed

You are totally wrong.

Mughals were never in a position to Mess with Rajput kings and Hindus so they maintained good relationship with Hinudus. Soon as they tried to become fundamentalist and tried to convert Hindua on the age of swords, they were retaliated and finished. As soon as Aurangzeb tried become fundamentalist, he and Mughal rein was eleminated by Marathas. Same is the case with Tipu who was crushed by Marathas.
So far as as Sufism is concern, It was just like a sect of Hinduism with effect of Islam. The sufis used to say "Unal Haq" means I am the God. It is totally unIslamic as per the current theology of Islam. It was highly influenced by Shankar's philosophy of Advait Vedant. If you check the medieval Hindi Literature, You will find the most beautiful poems and Dohas on Ram and Krishna written by Muslim poets like Rahim. Even Bismillah Khan the learned the Shahenai from local Hinu priest.

Radicalization of Islam in India took place later particularly in 20th century. Pakistan almost eliminated Hindus form Pakistan and reduced them to 1% from 21%. No need to say that it was not by by just his spiritual state and love. So get your facts right.

Triple bull ****

The hindu's were subjugated for centuries & they took it, millions killed, thousands of temples destroyed your land taken. Tamerlane marched into India occupied the capital and put tens of thousands of hindu's to the sword where were your kings then

Ridiculous hindu revision of history

Nothing? I suppose I can classify the response of Pakistanis here as "embarrassed silence."

Who denied it? but you never believed, when we tell the same to you.

Not going to happen with THAT one...

Hi Gambit... your comments are required regarding hindu beliefs... follow the link:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/central-south-asia/283744-resolution-child-brides.html#post4876697

Back
Top Bottom