What's new

‘Good Muslims should build bridges with other faiths’

The central principle of the religion called "islam" is TOLERANCE. That is the reason why Egypt has 8 million Christians, while Spain, Italy, and much of Eastern Europe were wiped out of Muslims.

That is the reason why, the Mughals did not get rid of every Hindu in India, but let them live and prosper. That is also the reason why tens of thousands of Sufi Saints can be found all over the Indian country-side, and on whose hands millions of Hindus converted to Islam. Khawaja Ajmeri being one saint who settled in Rajasthan and is well known to have converted a million Hindus all over India, by just his spiritual state and love. This was in the late 1200s.

Except for Akbar, almost every Mughal was extremely intolerant of Hindus. And, it is worth noting that Akbar spent a significant part of his childhood in the palace of the Hindu king of Rewa after his father Humanyu was driven into exile by Sher Shah Suri. So Akbar was obviously more knowledgeable about and tolerant towards Hinduism. Except for a few like him, most Muslim rulers weren't tolerant. They imposed Jijya on Hindus, i.e., Hindus had to pay tax for not being Muslims. During Muslim rule of subcontinent, numerous temples were destroyed and Hindus/Jains/Muslims/Sikhs massacred because of their faiths. Famous destroyed sites include temples of Somnath, Chauchath Yogini, Mulasthana (now Multan), the university of Nalanda etc. Some of the holiest temples of Hinduism were destroyed and mosques built in their places like in Somnath, Varanasi, Mathura, Ayodhya etc.

Also, Muslims brought about the partition of India. This also shows their intolerance and inability to live peacefully with other faiths.

The central principle of the religion called "islam" is TOLERANCE. That is the reason why Egypt has 8 million Christians, while Spain, Italy, and much of Eastern Europe were wiped out of Muslims.

That is the reason why, the Mughals did not get rid of every Hindu in India, but let them live and prosper. That is also the reason why tens of thousands of Sufi Saints can be found all over the Indian country-side, and on whose hands millions of Hindus converted to Islam. Khawaja Ajmeri being one saint who settled in Rajasthan and is well known to have converted a million Hindus all over India, by just his spiritual state and love. This was in the late 1200s.

Except for Akbar, almost every Mughal was extremely intolerant of Hindus. And, it is worth noting that Akbar spent a significant part of his childhood in the palace of the Hindu king of Rewa after his father Humanyu was driven into exile by Sher Shah Suri. So Akbar was obviously more knowledgeable about and tolerant towards Hinduism. Except for a few like him, most Muslim rulers weren't tolerant. They imposed Jijya on Hindus, i.e., Hindus had to pay tax for not being Muslims. During Muslim rule of subcontinent, numerous temples were destroyed and Hindus/Jains/Muslims/Sikhs massacred because of their faiths. Famous destroyed sites include temples of Somnath, Chauchath Yogini, Mulasthana (now Multan), the university of Nalanda etc. Some of the holiest temples of Hinduism were destroyed and mosques built in their places like in Somnath, Varanasi, Mathura, Ayodhya etc.

Also, Muslims brought about the partition of India. This also shows their intolerance and inability to live peacefully with other faiths.

The Spanish only took back the territories that were taken from them.

Hindu's are pagans why would muslims in the middle ages be tolerant of pagans

Hindu's are pagans why would muslims in the middle ages be tolerant of pagans

I'd be careful if I was you, one call to the Feds and you would be getting monitored 24/7 considering the nature of your comments.

Nothing? I suppose I can classify the response of Pakistanis here as "embarrassed silence."

What do you expect Pakistanis to say? Your media portrays all Pakistanis as terrorists and not to be trusted. Certain Anti Islamic lobbies get funding to spew venom against all Muslims.

I agree Muslims should come out and speak up and don't let extremists speak for themselves. But there is not such thing as one Muslim world so there will be a lot of different opinions on Jihad, rights of women and sharia law etc. The worst part is when some Muslims try to live peacefully they are all catagorised as terrorists or that they are pratcising taqiah.

If you want to critise Prophet Mohammad(PBUH) and Islam then go ahead. But abusing him and then expecting Muslims to take you seriously then forget about that mate. There is a difference between abuse and critism some anti Islamic "Scholars" don't know the difference.

As I have said earlier, the fault lies in the basics of Islam.....

Last edited by a moderator:
You are totally wrong.

Mughals were never in a position to Mess with Rajput kings and Hindus so they maintained good relationship with Hinudus. Soon as they tried to become fundamentalist and tried to convert Hindua on the age of swords, they were retaliated and finished. As soon as Aurangzeb tried become fundamentalist, he and Mughal rein was eleminated by Marathas. Same is the case with Tipu who was crushed by Marathas.
So far as as Sufism is concern, It was just like a sect of Hinduism with effect of Islam. The sufis used to say "Unal Haq" means I am the God. It is totally unIslamic as per the current theology of Islam. It was highly influenced by Shankar's philosophy of Advait Vedant. If you check the medieval Hindi Literature, You will find the most beautiful poems and Dohas on Ram and Krishna written by Muslim poets like Rahim. Even Bismillah Khan the learned the Shahenai from local Hinu priest.

Radicalization of Islam in India took place later particularly in 20th century. Pakistan almost eliminated Hindus form Pakistan and reduced them to 1% from 21%. No need to say that it was not by by just his spiritual state and love. So get your facts right.

Sufism based on hinduism? Really? :rofl: Get your facts straights sufism started when Islam went to Persia and from there spread into India and influenced the Turks as well. Following that sufi Islam spread into many parts of the world heck you can even find orders in freaking Somalia. Most sufis are sunni while some are shia. Sect of hinduism, don't make me laugh. Considering my whole ancestors were sufis I can tell you wholeheartedly what they though about hinduism, they considered it jahiliya, most sufis would agree.

The central principle of the religion called "islam" is TOLERANCE.
THe Saudi king made it quite clear yesterday that the central principle of Islam is REVOCABLE tolerance: link

Tolerance has limits. After that, it seems, anything goes, until the non-Muslims submit to the mercy and generosity of Muslims, as illustrated by Saudi Arabia, where (outside of diplomatic compounds) no church or synagogue exists, nor may any be built.

That is the reason why Egypt has 8 million Christians -
In Egypt 80 churches have been burned down since the Muslim Brotherhood was overthrown. Does any Muslim here hold their heart out to them? Do any of you recall that early in the Islamic period Egypt suffered a "mad mullah" ruler who burned down churches and synagogues and after he was removed Muslims chipped in their own money to rebuilt them?

Why should the good deeds of previous generations of Muslims give today's Muslims license to behave badly?

This is what its says: they are to be given protection, and their lives, their wealth is illegal for plunder.
Yep. And when Muslims engage in plunder and murder anyway non-Muslims have no redress since non-Muslims are merely "tolerated". Hence, Muslims are to pretend Muslims are perfect and such deeds never happened, or if they did happen the victims must be blamed somehow.

They have equal rights, and full freedom of faith and practice and movement.
No Jew or Christian has equal rights in practice in majority Muslim countries, including Pakistan. Just look at the kinds of jobs the Christians are relegated to. And, of course, the Jewish community long departed - otherwise they certainly would become unhappy victims and Jews would really rather live their lives happily instead.

Any Muslim who apostatizes from Islam [ becomes a non-Muslim ] is to be banished from the Muslim community, because Egypt is a Muslim society overall, and this is for the protection of this existing Muslim community and country.
In Pakistan converting from Muslim to Christian is legal. (I suppose converting from Muslim to Jew is legal, too, but where could you find the rabbi and sponsors and books to do it?) But in Egypt the last I read (pre-2010) was that converting from Muslim to Christian was illegal.

Under a Caliphate (which does not exist in Egypt), only able bodied men are to pay a tax called "jizya", for not participating in the army, no one else.
If you crunch the numbers I think you'll find that non-Muslims paid such huge sums of protection money to rulers that they financed well over half the sovereign's income. The Age of Faith records that conversions to Islam were not encouraged in the ninth century to maintain high tax returns as tax returns had fallen sharply as a result.

there is massive hindu terrorism in india perpetrated daily on the 180 million dalits
Does your religious and moral practice depend upon unrelated acts perpetrated by neighbors? Should I commit a crime just because my neighbor did, or I thought he did?

Personally, I feel Islam is a great faith, it is only that some extreme elements have somewhat damaged their image.
And 99% of the non-extremists won't do anything about it. Islam means submission - both to Allah and his self-appointed regents on Earth. The little people must abide by religion and suffer from the strictures of the regent, while the regent and his gang themselves do whatever they want.

Back
Top Bottom