What's new

Good Books About Pakistan

has anyone read the book "Pakistan" by Owen Bennet? its a typical propaganda book trying to show Pakistan as a country run by Mullahs but the author has mentioned some very interesting facts about Kargil war.

In the Line of Fire,where could I find this book on the internet?Very interested in it while I've got no idea about where to buy.

It is available over internet on various sources but here is one for your reference.

http://www.amazon.com/Line-Fire-Memoir-Pervez-Musharraf/dp/0743283449

I also bought it over web.

Its very nicely written, I have read it twice. Its a must read book especially for Pakistanis.
Chapter 12 'Plane to Pakistan' is no less than making of 'Air Force one'
Chapter 14 'Countercoup' That was a real life adventure.
Chapter 24 'Tightening the Nose' is like some novel of Sherlok Holmes.

i do excellent narration of the war and great pictures too.

Guys I needs some help I want to ask you all if you Have seen the new book About
Pakistan Air Force and what is its name. It came out 3 or 4 months ago.
It is about 14 Sqd and 71 war. Let me know if any of you have seen it or know the name.
Thank you.
MK

Does anyone have battle for pakistan by john fricker? i keep hearing about it but copies are horibly expensive to get hold of.

I finally managed to read this book in alibrary - good book lots of images, information etc. However most of the material has been rehashed in the later books by the PAF as well as numerous internet sites. So I had this strange feeling I had read the book before (though i havent).

It is however one sided as he disparages india without benefit of doubt. But its an officially sanctioned book so I cant complain.

Guys I needs some help I want to ask you all if you Have seen the new book About
Pakistan Air Force and what is its name. It came out 3 or 4 months ago.
It is about 14 Sqd and 71 war. Let me know if any of you have seen it or know the name.
Thank you.
MK

I did a search - these guys have a copy

PakDef Forums - View Single Post - PAF related discussion: August - December 2007

A new book on the history of No. 14 Squadron "50 Years of Excellence, Legend of the Tail Choppers" by Air Commodore Khaleel Ahmed is out. I was able to get a copy about three weeks ago and it is quite a good read with lot of anecdotes and war stories. There is also some valuable data such as all the squadron ejections from 1948 till 1998, names of all the air crews over the years, major operational exercises in which the squadron participated etc. Forewords are by AVM (retd.) Khyber Khan, the founder squadron commander, and ACM (retd.) Kaleem Saadat. There are 10 chapters in total. The first one covering the time of founder squadron commander M Khyber Khan. Other chapters among other topics also cover the 1965, 1971 and Afghan Wars. There are also lot of good pictures in the book but sadly the print size are so small that there is no point scanning them.

You might wish to ask them over there.

If anyone want "In the line of fire by PRESIDENT PERVAIZ MUSSHARAF " in pdf form .Just give me a private message in which your mailing address is included .

A good book about Pakistan:

Malik, Iftikhar H. Culture and customs of Pakistan. Greenwood Press. December 2005. ISBN 031333126X

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom