What's new

Going to India

Wow thanks Shree for the link, I have download a app called India my city and Mumbai my City, it's a great app.

Wow thanks Shree for the link, I have download a app called India my city and Mumbai my City, it's a great app.

If you need any more information you need to contact Just Dial (022-69999999 or 08888888888) whichever city you are into , they are available 24*7.

@shatterpoint mumbai not even tourist spot. Yes u can get tourist spot in mumbai well into 50s but still mumbai cant match kashmir, the pink city jaipur, goa beaches also known as party city, than gods own city kerela known for its greenary etc etc. There are like 1000s and 1000s tourist spot in india.... u cant view them all even if u live here for years. Mumbai far behind then them. If u want to see high tech city then its Banglore.... People come mumbai for festivals. Mumbai festivals cant be matched. Now soon Ganesh chaturti festival coming.... If u come that time am sure u will be amazed watching color, sound and the crowd.... Ganesh is elephant god and he famous in western world too. Mumbai is truely a festival city. Just couple of days ago there was govinda festival celebrated just a day before birthday of Lord Krishna.... We make human pyramids as high as we can to break the million dollar mud pot prize.... Mumbai not truely tourist spot but yes it has many tourist places. The big advantage u will have being in mumbai is that u can visit matharan the hill station and most famous city Goa as both of them near mumbai....

KERALA it is. ITs called GODs own Country for some reason. Dont miss 'Backwaters' and Ghat (Valley and Hills) areas trip in Kerala.

lol thanks guys, but I want to visit Mumbai it sounds like a great place, we will only be spending 2 days there, and thanks for the phone numbers as well shree, all your hints and tips have been awesome guys, thanks a lot.

if u r planning to come to india between 19 th to 24 th of oct then u must come to kolkata...cause at that time durga puja biggest festivel of bengal will be going on. Calcuttaweb - Durga Puja

I would suggest the following places

North India - Delhi ( especially gurgaon and noida for shopping , they are a 1 hour ride by the metro , from central delhi , will cost less than a dollar to reach any of these places) , Manali or shimla in himachal pradesh , sikkim

South India- Goa , Kerala , Bangalore , Ooty and Kodaikanal ( these places are a must visit)

West India - Pune ( amazing city) and Mumbai

East India - Shillong , or pretty much any of the north eastern states

North-west - Rajasthan ( Jaipur , Udaipur , etc ) amazing places to visit

Don't visit Orissa, Bihar , Madhy Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, chhatisgarh -nothing to see but poverty in these states. And please , don't waste your time going to Agra to see the Taj Mahal. The city is very dirty and your kids will probably get bored out of their ****in minds. And please remember , bargain at small shops ( not inside shopping malls) , They will be ready to sell at less than half the price.
Also , just so you know , Delhi and surrounding areas are not a safe place at night for children or women (after 10 pm) . Though i wouldn't say the same about bangalore , pune , mumbai and hyderabad and other places in India. These places are safe ,especially for touristes. The crimes that take place in these cities are more about property disputes , husband killing wife etc and they are rare. But delhi has had some cases where touristes got robbed , raped etc. But statistically , Delhi is much safer than New York , London and LA ( crimes per 100000 population ). If you don't hesitate going to these cities , then delhi is a piece of cake

Just to reassure you
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/rape-new-york-much-worse-than-delhi/234640-61.html
http://ourdelhistruggle.com/2009/12/09/is-delhi-actually-that-dangerous/

Bon voyage . Si vous avez des questions , yous pouvez m'interroger ;)
I speak french well =D

if u coming to India then Rajasthan is a must....:D
Do visit Jaipur n Udaipur or may book tickets for Palace on Wheels (its worlds 4th most luxurious train :woot:)
It starts from Delhi covers all major Rajasthan Cities n finishes at Agra
i think there is stopage at each city for some period for tourists to visit the place...

here is a link to its official website for tickets Official Website of the Palace On Wheels Inc - Book Tickets for luxury train in Rajasthan, India Online

Buts its a bit expensive so alternatively u may visit the places mentioned in its route by local trains that would save a lot of money or if u r on a short visit then please visit atleast Jaipur n Udaipur:D

For major tourist attractions u may also visit World Heritage Destinations site as India has many of them spread all over India so u can visit them which fall in ur route:cheers:

PS - warning since u'll be visiting India just after monsoon so u might find roads in many cities out of shape:D

I've been following this thread with amusement and sympathy.

Shatterpoint, by now you have more information than you ever wanted. You must also have made your choices and taken your options. It only remains to wish you very good luck, and happy traveling.

Remember, nothing - NOTHING - no amount of reading and reference material can prepare you for India. Leave yourselves time for recovery, in privacy, during the trip.

All the best then.

I've been following this thread with amusement and sympathy.

Shatterpoint, by now you have more information than you ever wanted. You must also have made your choices and taken your options. It only remains to wish you very good luck, and happy traveling.

Remember, nothing - NOTHING - no amount of reading and reference material can prepare you for India. Leave yourselves time for recovery, in privacy, during the trip.

All the best then.
Don't kill his enthusiasm Sir.....we need tourists for economy too....:lol:

Well Since im from kerala... i suggest you must visit kerala.... the Best place can be... Aleppy ( it is called venice of the east) The house boat expereince will be one of the best you will have in india... you can think of going and spending some time in Munnar....and then back to cochin.... :)

lol thanks guys, but I want to visit Mumbai it sounds like a great place, we will only be spending 2 days there, and thanks for the phone numbers as well shree, all your hints and tips have been awesome guys, thanks a lot.

Yes great place to visit, make sure to visit Azad Maidan area of Mumbai, very vibrant and happening place.

Back
Top Bottom