What's new

Go Thunder Go...

Could you confirm if JF-17 is already upgrading on the following below?

-Greater use of composite materials in the airframe to decrease weight and increase thrust-to-weight ratio.
-Internal Infra-Red Search and Track (IRST) system, possibly the Type Hongguang-I Electro-optical Radar developed by Sichuan Changhong Electric Appliance Corporation (currently the IRST must be carried externally).
- More powerful engine, potential options include the Chinese WS-13 Tianshan and Russian RD-93B turbofans, giving 10% greater thrust than the current RD-93.
-Minor airframe modifications to reduce the aircraft's radar cross-section by adding stealthy features.

Reference

I must say, new bird JF-17 is our biggest achievement, man. I love pictures.

:pakistan::yahoo::china::flame:

There is a lot of info out there but when PAF chooses it will realease the info you will nedd it.

Yeh this issue is still there and perhaps will be there for quite some time. However the good thing is that RD-93 doesn’t emit smoke in all fight conditions. The engine has shown very good resistance against the compressor stalls in high angle of attacks and the smoke appears only during certain throttle settings. So I guess that we have to live with it before the tech guys come up with some solution.

I think it has been posted often but almost every engine has certain settings that the fuel is not burned perfectly. It happens during throttle changes or in certain throttle settings. Russian engines sometimes are more rugged so have less optimized settings. But there are engines that are burning a lot better like FN31. In Europe you will see Tornado's often with smoke. And if you will have certain light conditions you will see the smoke surely...

Some of you tend to believe that the F16 is smokeless... Well. It is not. I have seen the pics on scramble, here the Tornado...
e6f7497db1ea57a932f1c0383e1ebc1a.jpg

The reason is that air is much more polluted here so you see not much smoke... And besides that the light is less compared to near the equator...

Go Thunder Go...

Attachments

• 27_5847_fec2f2a14ee4722.jpg
    27_5847_fec2f2a14ee4722.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 98
Yeh this issue is still there and perhaps will be there for quite some time. However the good thing is that RD-93 doesn’t emit smoke in all fight conditions. The engine has shown very good resistance against the compressor stalls in high angle of attacks and the smoke appears only during certain throttle settings. So I guess that we have to live with it before the tech guys come up with some solution.
Solution is ws-13. After the intial order of 100 RD-93 there has been no more orders placed with Russia!
I guess after intial fifty thunders, we would start to see ws-13.
In this case I also assume flight tessting has been made or is close to successful conclusion.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 55

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom