What's new

Go Figure !!!

Gotta agree with symptom 9 and 7.

Symptom 9 hold especially true.

Media has a large share of shifting the blame of the energy crises to the current government, (don't make a mistake, I hate these goons as much as you do, and they have also done really bad for the energy and everything), but a big problem of this energy crises was going on from 20 years. For the last 20 years, no progress was being made, and the debt kept on increasing.

Now, if we just do subsidy and line chori, then we may get electricity now, and we don't do anything in power production now, then 10 years later, even more loadshedding will happen, electricity might even be a rarity.

But the media has done it as if, if a guy takes his child to secrete in Mayo Hospitals ward and hallways (yes, ankhon dekha haal hai, well not mine, but a relative doctor of mine), even that is blamed on Zardari.

Mr. Paracha is a classic case of living in the past syndrome and in denial mode. Its been almost 5 years that the army and ISI have confined themselves to the barracks and have given free hand to this PPP govt. on almost all the matters. They did not interfered even when Zardari and Co were destroying infrastructure that is essential for army's movement incase of a war.

All his arguments basically revolve around one single point which is 'how to to blame army for this mess that has been created by PPP'. Yes, the army and ISI are directly responsible for many of our problems but that era is over and this current energy crises and corruption which is destroying our economy has nothing to do with them. These are all fruits of PPP led 'democracy'.

But I can understand Mr. Paracha's position, him being a PPP jiyaala will always live in the past and vote for the same idiots again and again!

Gotta agree with symptom 9 and 7.

Symptom 9 hold especially true.

Media has a large share of shifting the blame of the energy crises to the current government, (don't make a mistake, I hate these goons as much as you do, and they have also done really bad for the energy and everything), but a big problem of this energy crises was going on from 20 years. For the last 20 years, no progress was being made, and the debt kept on increasing.

Now, if we just do subsidy and line chori, then we may get electricity now, and we don't do anything in power production now, then 10 years later, even more loadshedding will happen, electricity might even be a rarity.

But the media has done it as if, if a guy takes his child to secrete in Mayo Hospitals ward and hallways (yes, ankhon dekha haal hai, well not mine, but a relative doctor of mine), even that is blamed on Zardari.

There is no such thing as 'energy crises' in Pakistan. Our installed capacity is over 20,000 Megawatts and consumption is still around 17-18000 Megawatts. The issue is about generating funds and payment to the IPPs. The day, they arrange those funds, this crises will be over to the most extent.

........Its been almost 5 years that the army and ISI have confined themselves to the barracks and have given free hand to this PPP govt. on almost all the matters. ..............

There is no evidence that that is indeed the case: the influence and meddling, especially in foreign policy, continue as before, with the exception of declaring Martial Law.

There is no such thing as 'energy crises' in Pakistan. Our installed capacity is over 20,000 Megawatts and consumption is still around 17-18000 Megawatts. The issue is about generating funds and payment to the IPPs. The day, they arrange those funds, this crises will be over to the most extent.

Merely having the generation capacity is not enough to avoid a power crisis, which is very real.

@pak-marine Such a wonderful article, the content delivery is perfect. Hoping you will not be demonized for this!

There is no evidence that that is indeed the case: the influence and meddling, especially in foreign policy, continue as before, with the exception of declaring Martial Law.

The evidence is abundant but only for those who are watching the developments closely! The multiple briefings to the parliamentarians on matters of national security for the first time in the history of Pakistan, Lack of traditional stance and opposition on trade with India, Allowing the parliament to decide terms with the US and calling back all military staff from the civil beauracracy are all signs of what lies ahead. The military is willing to let civies run the country and if only the politicians were a little more competent and interested, this transition would take place more quickly.

Merely having the generation capacity is not enough to avoid a power crisis, which is very real.

Yes that may not be enough to fully avoid power crises but it is more then enough for not letting this power crises increase from 3500 Megawatt to 8500 Megawatt in the last 4 years.

The evidence is abundant but only for those who are watching the developments closely! The multiple briefings to the parliamentarians on matters of national security for the first time in the history of Pakistan, Lack of traditional stance and opposition on trade with India, Allowing the parliament to decide terms with the US and calling back all military staff from the civil beauracracy are all signs of what lies ahead. The military is willing to let civies run the country and if only the politicians were a little more competent and interested in running their country, this transition would take place more quickly.

Those are encouraging signs that things might be improving, but it will take a while for these to take root enough not to be reversible with a few phone calls. In the meantime, the influence remains just under the surface, equally as evident as these signs that you mention, for those who watch closely, of course.

Yes that may not be enough to fully avoid power crises but it is more then enough for not letting this power crises increase from 3500 Megawatt to 8500 Megawatt in the last 4 years.

Yes, you can say that the crisis is not as bad as it could have been, but I just chuckled at reading "There is no such thing as 'energy crises' in Pakistan." as written by you above! :D

If anyone has a different opinion than what the articles says, then please articulate it against the material presented. Ranting and raging against the person rather than the opinion, or against those who have alternative points of view, only serves to reinforce the concerns that the article presents!

Answering Charsis, photoshop pics and rants isn't an obligation for Pakistan or for any nation for that matter.

Those are encouraging signs that things might be improving, but it will take a while for these to take root enough not to be reversible with a few phone calls. In the meantime, the influence remains just under the surface, equally as evident as these signs that you mention, for those who watch closely, of course.

Like I said, if only the politicians were half serious about their business, this transition would have taken place more rapidly and a lot earlier but Alas!

Yes, you can say that the crisis is not as bad as it could have been, but I just chuckled at reading "There is no such thing as 'energy crises' in Pakistan." as written by you above! :D

OK stop doing that, will you? Baal ki khaal hi utaar detey ho :D

On a more serious note, the experts and scientists have the opinion that this energy crises can be resolved within an year or maximum by two. But our current govt. is more interested in making bucks out of rental power projects!

Simply acknowledging USA is better than Pak in almost all fields doesnt make him a slave or a CIA agent...Man up and grow a pair yourself and stop whining.

We have no issues with someone being loyal to his adopted country. The problem arises when someone loves kissing American as$(even if it's African American one) and asks other to do the same. Not acceptable for us. If you have balls then you Bharatis won't accept it too.

let me correct you. The installed capacity is 30,000 MW, not 20.

The problem is circular debt, and when the power plants don't have money, they can't pay PSO and oil companies, and this goes on to have an effect on the whole system, the debt goes on increasing and increasing and then a vicious cycle. Getting my point.
We have for the past 25 odd years, been relying on subsidies, and other short term solutions, you can say that on a punctured tyre, we are just applying 'pewand' rather than havng the puncture fixed.

I am no economy expert though.

On a more serious note, the experts and scientists have the opinion that this energy crises can be resolved within an year or maximum by two. But our current govt. is more interested in making bucks out of rental power projects!

And that is possible if the debt is paid off and money is generated for fuel.

Bijli chori is reduced etc etc. In 15 or so years, if situation remains same, electricity will be unheard of, literally.

But as you said, this government is interested in making bucks, and when it installs Raja Ashraf as minister of IT, because of reasons everybody knows, you get the idea.

And no prizes if anybody guesses why Zardari is having a emergency power issue meeting with Minister of Power. It definitely has got nothing to do with a election year.

Expect more subsidies and all those short term solutions, just to save election campaign and gather votes ( Shame on those people who vote for these guys though).

We have no issues with someone being loyal to his adopted country. The problem arises when someone loves kissing American as$(even if it's African American one) and asks other to do the same. Not acceptable for us. If you have balls then you Bharatis won't accept it too.

All you came up with is racist bulcrap , move on brov get above it

there is a lot of excitement for NP (nadeem piracha type (it sould be nadim perhaps))....just study history of occupied misr (egypt) from 1215 AH to date as an illustration....

Back
Top Bottom