What's new

Global Poverty - China improving, India impoverished, Africa same(CNN)

It's quite dumb to attribute it all to one-child policy, the parents, grandparents, and only child still had to improve their living condition. Try this term called, GDP growth. :woot:

GDP growth need not be mentioned , it's obviously there.

My point was that India would have been closer to the Chinese poverty rate of 15 % if we had a two or one child policy.

If it was so dumb then why your government used one child policy in the first place......and why suddenly your gov. felt to lift ban from if..in fear of loosing young work force..:woot:

My point was that India would have been closer to the Chinese poverty rate of 15 % if we had a two or one child policy.

GDP needs to be factored in because growth rate isn't constant between countries.

If India had the same GDP growth as China, poverty level would have been reduced drastically even without one child policy.

You can cut as much cost (one child) as you want, but if there's no income(GDP) coming in, you'll still remain poor, go bankrupt eventually.

Last edited:
GDP needs to be factored in because growth rate isn't constant between countries.

If India had the same GDP growth as China, poverty level would have been reduced drastically even without one child policy.

You can cut as much cost (one child) as you want, but if there's no income(GDP) coming in, you'll still remain poor, go bankrupt eventually.

^^^ Exactly what I said. Read the bold part carefully.

^^^ Exactly what I said. Read the bold part carefully.

But Growth rate are not the same. Apply some logical thinking.

Family A and B both have income, doesn't it mean they have same level of income???

Can you leave it out only if the growth rate are the same!!

But Growth rate are not the same. Apply some logical thinking.

Family A and B both have income, doesn't it mean they have same level of income???

Can you leave it out only if the growth rate are the same!!

You have a problem with English mate. When i said GDP growth is obviously there , I meant to say " GDP growth difference between India and China need not be mentioned , that factor is obviously there. " End it now please.

You have a problem with English mate. When i said GDP growth is obviously there , I meant to say " GDP growth difference between India and China need not be mentioned , that factor is obviously there. " End it now please.

LOL, no you didn't.

1) If you did, you wouldn't have said one child policy makes the difference.

2) You said GDP, you didn't say GDP growth difference. There's a world of difference between the two.

buddy its not only about GDP but more of per capita income..China shrank(growth rate wise) the no. of persons and with higher GDP growth so, the per capita Income increased and so, poverty level fell where as in India case..The rate of population increase remained exponential and with lower GDP growth rate so, Increase in per capita was marginal ..It's obvious the china plan of one child policy was aimed at increasing percapita of chinese population and decreasing the poverty level..where as when it felt that it will face future worker problem it lifted the ban...
both population and GDP has prominent role in removing poverty ..
just like with same size economy, canada is high earning country where as India is low income country..(B'coz of population.):tup:

buddy its not only about GDP but more of per capita income..China shrank(growth rate wise) the no. of persons and with higher GDP growth so, the per capita Income increased and so, poverty level fell where as in India case..The rate of population increase remained exponential and with lower GDP growth rate so, Increase in per capita was marginal ..It's obvious the china plan of one child policy was aimed at increasing percapita of chinese population and decreasing the poverty level..where as when it felt that it will face future worker problem it lifted the ban...
both population and GDP has prominent role in removing poverty ..
just like with same size economy, canada is high earning country where as India is low income country..(B'coz of population.):tup:

When I said GDP growth, it's understood that it boiled down to per capita level. One child policy slows population growth rate, yes, but you still need to improve poverty level of existing population. The only way to overcome both is to have GDP growth, consistent high GDP growth. it's simple maths, really.

Last edited:
LOL, no you didn't.

1) If you did, you wouldn't have said one child policy makes the difference.

2) You said GDP, you didn't say GDP growth difference. There's a world of difference between the two.

You have a problem with English comprehension mate. Either that or you are just trolling.

You have a problem with English comprehension mate. Either that or you are just trolling.

No, you have a problem with honesty.
You only stated that if India has one child policy, poverty level would be drop to CHina's level. Where was GDP growth rate difference being factored in???

Post 2
The video shows that India has also improved from 60 % poverty in 1980 to 33 % in 2010. Video title is misleading. We did not have the one Child policy that China did otherwise our number would have been similar to China. 60 % to 33 % without any one child policy is a great improvement.

Post 16
GDP growth need not be mentioned , it's obviously there. (This came after I asked you, yet you made no distinction about growth rate is difference)

Last edited:
Damn those numbers from China so impressive!! Indias poor stayed at 400 million from 1980 to 2010. Its a shame but hope situation will improve

No, you have a problem with honesty.

Post 2

Post 16

Pray tell.

Exactly. thanks from proving my point. This is what I said I meant-

When i said GDP growth is obviously there , I meant to say " GDP growth difference between India and China need not be mentioned , that factor is obviously there.

I just said it in a shorter(brief) form in post 16.

When I said GDP growth, it's understood that it boiled down to per capita level. One child policy slow than population growth rate, yes, but you still need to improve poverty level of existing population. The only to to overcome both is to have GDP growth, consistent high GDP growth. it's simple maths, really.
lol everybody knows that we have to improve from where we are now...but it also cannot be neglected that we have improved a lot..
and key to improvement is high growth rate and slow population rate..
poverty cannot be eradicated overnite or in a 5 year plan...it will take time..after all we are have huge population..:tup:

Damn those numbers from China so impressive!! Indias poor stayed at 400 million from 1980 to 2010. Its a shame but hope situation will improve

You watched some other video. India's poor reduced from 428 million to 400 million in the video that I watched.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom