What's new

Global forex in 2009

Forex is very important.

Wen your oil and other power imports are greater than your exports it helps pay the defict.

The reason why china has a massive forex her exports are higher than imports...

ITS LIKE MONEY IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT for a rainy day

Forex is very important.

Wen your oil and other power imports are greater than your exports it helps pay the defict.

The reason why china has a massive forex her exports are higher than imports...

ITS LIKE MONEY IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT for a rainy day

I agree with this i personally think pakistan's forex should always be above 20 billion I mean look at nigeria most corrupt country in the world has 58 billion

Last edited:
Considering where we were in 1999 it is a decent achievement. With a population of 160 million and very different requirements than Lebanon we are doign just fine.

Lebanon's army does not defend the country its Hamas that does the job for them. If they had to defend themselves I doubt they would have much left.

Don't believe every thing you see on Wikepedia.
Correction- Hamas doesnt defend Lebanon, Its Hezbollah!

What is interesting is that large part of China's forex reserves are due to their trade surplus, unlike forex reserves of many other countries including India.

I have heard too much in Media before that PAK is Purchasing OIL from Middleeast less than Market Value .

No one knows how much they Pay less .

According to 70$ per barrel , price should be Rs 55 Litre

But now Price is 35$ per barrel

my dear friend the costing purely depends on the breakup of crude as in what part of it is refined to petrol, diesel, kerosene, jet fuel and more. there are various by products and what part to be made how much would keep changing as per the demand from the market, though generally some 100-120lts of 190lts (a barrel) of crude form the petrol and diesel, and rest of it gets converted to rest of the by products.

with the pakistani rupee trading at around 80/dollar, that would mean, anywhere between rs30-40 (pakistani rupees) should be the costing when the crude hovers around 40/barrel, mind you on top of this the governments are oblidged to charge taxes or else the country would not work per se, and then there are the dealer margins.

It's just not the size of the reserves but how they are deployed and used that matters more.

China and India are not making the optimal use of their reserves. I think the reserve earnings are meagre if not actually negative considering the inflation.

They should be used to develop more domestic infrastructure than just in the US treaury bonds.

vinod, taking the case of india, we have decently done well for we have our debts petty well covered by the forex reserves and also the trade imbalance and the forex covers all this for a period of some thing like 10 to 12 months. now that is not a situation where we can extensively divert these funds to other investments like infrastructure building, so you do not see that happening that much in india, cant say about china.

Chinese currency stood strong again on Wednesday as the exchange rate of the yuan to the dollar closed at 7.9996:1 in the competitive price deal, climbing to break the "8" psychological point one month after it fell below that point.As the official price that is decided at the end of a day’s trading session on the exchange, the futures contract is finalized as the settlement price and is concluded as that day of business on the exchange. Please visit: www dot ISMARKETS dot com to know more.

Back
Top Bottom