What's new

Global Firepower - 2014 Ranks

Last year Afghanistan was on a high rank 10 places above the UAE, suddenly it’s like 30+ places back.

I wouldn’t take any of the information credible

Last edited:
But how we climbed 3 steps in 1 year ? And many country places chaned in that list not only us... Sure i want to see Türkiye to climb 3 steps in 1 year but is this for real ??? Is that list really objective and out of political engineering ?
CIA Factbook.......:rolleyes:

Bs list. Who cares whats on paper, they need to test this in real life

I wonder about that too, Egypt is 13...LOL, there's no way they don't have the economy or self sufficiency.
egypt at no 13 and pak at 15.....i mean even bangladesh can defeat egypt now.....this is bull shit list......pakistan must have to be in top 10 considering it,s technological+nuclear+operational capabilities........

what a list Afghanistan at 76 and sirilanka at 86

Last edited:
egypt at no 13 and pak at 15.....i mean even bangladesh can defeat egypt now.....this is bull shit list......pakistan must have to be in top 10 considering it,s technological+nuclear+operational capabilities........

what a list Afghanistan at 76 and sirilanka at 86

It doesn't take into account nuclear advantage or economy...I guess because of Egypt's F16 fleet and navy, lol.

I wonder where Saudi Arabia is?

GFP isnt reliable anyway, they are considering many factors but by far not all.

These rankings are a sham, IMO. The comparisons do not take into account the combat experience or qualitative discipline and capabilities of combat platforms. There has to be a penalty for obsolescent equipment and lack of combat experience, which the list never bothers itself with.

Having a 100 Mig 21s is not the same as having a 100 Su 30s. Also, many Navies downgrade/upgrade their ship classes deliberately. A 4000 ton vessel is classed as a Corvette in some Navies while a 3000 ton vessel is classed as a Destroyer in some others.

Also, a country having a coast doesn't automatically need an Aircraft Carrier. A Nation like Israel having Aircraft Carriers and Nuclear submarines would be overkill, and it doesn't warrant a penalty for not having them. Also, a peninsula like India having just a dozen submarines is simply not good enough. But that's not reflected in the rankings. To me, other than the top 3, the other rankings are all inconsistent with their actual capabilities.

This list does not take into account nuclear bombs.Pakistan's navy is very weak and so is airforce,you economy is also in very bad condition which means you cant sustain a war.
Pakistn only beats some countries in land forces due to no. and population.
In short in no way Pakistan should be in top10.

Not really ?

The Global firepower considers all three services taken as a whole ( Air Force, Army and Navy) but does not consider the Nuclear weapons. Israel has a strong Air Force and a strong Army, but their Navy is not that great. All they have in the Navy is some pretty awesome Submarines but no Destroyers or Aircraft Carrier Group. Which is why they are at Number 11 position.

Turkiye has much stronger Navy than Israel.

Their Air force is that much man.We could see it in six day war etc..

All well and great have lots of shiny toys and equipment but just how many of those armies have fought full scale wars? Combined services experience, and seen soldiers go through hell and back? Experience counts and it's the lessons learnt in war that are the most valuable, which are passed on to the next generation of troops through military academics, training etc.
Nations and their forces when under the pressure of war react very differently.

Compare it to asking someone to walk a narrow plank on the ground, anyone can do it. Now ask them to walk it 150 feet up it is a different story.....

that is right.Only half in the list fought a full scale war.

This list is wrong.For example Pakistan is too trained and well equipped than egypt or some others in first 10.They fought 3 full scale wars and lot of skirmishes including 1999.
First two countries US and Russia it is ok.But rest of list is too unreliable.China and India still in modernisation.They have large number of obsolete equipment.But both countries add some force multipliers like Satellite etc.
Same goes to other lists.

This list is wrong.For example Pakistan is too trained and well equipped than egypt or some others in first 10.They fought 3 full scale wars and lot of skirmishes including 1999.
First two countries US and Russia it is ok.But rest of list is too unreliable.China and India still in modernisation.They have large number of obsolete equipment.But both countries add some force multipliers like Satellite etc.
Same goes to other lists.
Can you please tell me the name of countries compared to which Pakistan is more well equipped??

Can you please tell me the name of countries compared to which Pakistan is more well equipped??
Egypt .In conventional and in nuclear you can see lot of countries is behind of Pakistan.They fought 4 full scale war.They defeated by India but it still gave them experience.That is all I mean

Actually we should be at 6 or 7th position because we still are not self sufficient for our weapons.

Thats right.Most of our weapons are obsolete.We can only acquire that place only after we create an advanced defence industry.

Back
Top Bottom