What's new

Global famine if India, Pakistan unleash nukes: study

p(-)0ENiX

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
babur-missile-660.jpg

The International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War said that a nuclear war between India and Pakistan would "bring an end to modern civilization as we know it". -File Photo

Global famine if India, Pakistan unleash nukes: study :woot:

CHICAGO: More than a billion people around the world would face starvation if India and Pakistan unleash nuclear weapons, even if that war is regionally limited, a study released Tuesday warned.

That’s because the deadly and polluting weapons would cause major worldwide climate disruption that would dramatically drive down food production in China, the United States and other countries.

“The grim prospect of nuclear famine requires a fundamental change in our thinking about nuclear weapons,” said study author Dr. Ira Helfand of the International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War.

“The new evidence that even the relatively small nuclear arsenals of countries such as India and Pakistan could cause long lasting, global damage to the Earth’s ecosystems and threaten hundreds of millions of already malnourished people demands that action be taken,” Helfand said in a statement.

“The needless and preventable deaths of one billion people over a decade would be a disaster unprecedented in human history. It would not cause the extinction of the human race, but it would bring an end to modern civilization as we know it.”

The study, set to be published in the peer-reviewed journal Climate Change, was released at the World Summit of Nobel Laureates in Chicago.

It found that corn production in the United States would decline by an average of 10 per cent for an entire decade and soybean production would drop by about 10 per cent, with the most severe decline occurring five years after the nuclear war.

It also determined that rice production in China would drop by an average of 21 per cent for the first four years and 10 per cent for the next six years.

The resulting increase in food prices and agricultural shortfalls would almost certainly lead to panic and hoarding on an international scale, further reducing access to food.

I guess the fate of the world rests in our hands! :P

:pakistan:

nothing to gloat about.
this is the attitude that has made Pakistan a sort of an outcast yet you dream of NSG membership.

India's nuclear ambitions were always fostered due to unfriendly relations with China.
Having defeated Pakistan repeatedly there really never was any need for India to get nukes to contain Pakistan.

I am not gloating, clearly my remark at the end of the article is simply a joke.

well the joke's in bad taste then. should not joke around with such a thing... lives of over a billion people!

well the joke's in bad taste then. should not joke around with such a thing... live's of over a billion people!

I will joke about whatever I want, besides it was not meant to offend anyone. Although I will admit not everyone finds the same things to be humorous.

India's nuclear ambitions were always fostered due to unfriendly relations with China.
Having defeated Pakistan repeatedly there really never was any need for India to get nukes to contain Pakistan.
Are you sure? After India tested their first Nuclear bomb, I remember Indians saying "ab gya Pakistan!" And some political or army general said that India will now come and take Lahore.

It is not because India was defeated repeatedly by china (a power of the size of India on the human scale) that you have the get some frustration out and say that India has defeated Pakistan many times, which is not true in any way or shape, and mind you , I am not even from Pakistan, but I know facts from fiction.

Yeah, how has India defeated Pakistan repeatedly? '47 war, a ceasefire was arranged, no winner. '65 war, ceasefire was also arranged, no winner. '71 India won, Pakistani forces were trapped in East Pak with no ammunitions and had very low morale after months of fighting already. '99 wasn't really a war, it was a small conflict but yeah India won. So you can't really say India has defeated Pakistan "repeatedly".

haha is that what they teach you in your history books. Man! How distort are you! lol

BTW i don't think they would ever arise a need to apply nuclear assault by Pakistan or India. Both countries want to build good relations... India knows economic stability is the way forward, a war will put back the country years back! Wars are expensive man! No more horses and swords!

It is not because India was defeated repeatedly by china (a power of the size of India on the human scale) that you have the get some frustration out and say that India has defeated Pakistan many times, which is not true in any way or shape, and mind you , I am not even from Pakistan, but I know facts from fiction.

"repeatedly" ?? there was one war of 62 in which India suffered defeat. Size of the manpower available to both armies was somewhat equal, sure. And thats how we came to thought of acquiring a nuke, it wasn't meant for Pakistan.

47: Pakistan invades Kashmir, raja asks India for help. India stands up to the request, ceasefire.
65: Pakistan initiates, gains nothing, risks losing lahore, ceasefire, India retreats.
71: India initiates, break up of Pakistan. India invades west pakistan, ceasefire, India retreats.
99: Pakistani backed militants and armed forces invade kargil, India defends, pakistani militia killled.

So, thats that.. you can deduce as freely as you want.

also read through: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...first-nuclear-detonation-pne.html#post1257029

BTW i don't think they would ever arise a need to apply nuclear assault by Pakistan or India. Wars are expensive man! No more horses and swords!

I agree, hence refer to my original post. I found the comment of the OP in bad taste and offensive.

"repeatedly" ?? there was one war of 62 in which India suffered defeat. Size of the manpower available to both armies was somewhat equal, sure. And thats how we came to thought of acquiring a nuke, it wasn't meant for Pakistan.

47: Pakistan invades Kashmir, raja asks India for help. India stands up to the request, ceasefire.
65: Pakistan initiates, gains nothing, risks losing lahore, ceasefire, India retreats.
71: India initiates, break up of Pakistan. India invades west pakistan, ceasefire, India retreats.
99: Pakistani backed militants and armed forces invade kargil, India defends, pakistani militia killled.

So, thats that.. you can deduce as freely as you want.

also read through: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...first-nuclear-detonation-pne.html#post1257029

I agree, hence refer to my original post. I found the comment of the OP in bad taste and offensive.

lol kahan sa ye kuch phartay ho? oh i forgt you are living in DREAM PARADISE known as INDIA "SUPER POWER" jahan Su30 eek waqt may 10 F22 ko b engage karleta hey :rofl: aur bas abhe kuch arsa may Su engage karna chordayga kyoonkay ub RAFALE agaya hey :rofl:

lol kahan sa ye kuch phartay ho? oh i forgt you are living in DREAM PARADISE known as INDIA "SUPER POWER" jahan Su30 eek waqt may 10 F22 ko b engage karleta hey :rofl: aur bas abhe kuch arsa may Su engage karna chordayga kyoonkay ub RAFALE agaya hey :rofl:

ho gaya????!

Hi,

Actually the famine would be a secondary factor---the primary factor of destruction would be chaos and anarchy afterwards----. The nuclear cloud and nuclear fallout----the fear of impeding death be a bigger factor.

Back
Top Bottom