What's new

Glide Vehicle "Qassem" MaRV-MRBM of Iran. Anti ABM/AD weapon

thats 4 uav that actually fill 3 role

What 3 roles?

shahed-149 is HALE , Shahed-129 and Kaman-22 are MALE . Fotros is nonsense , useless , ego bousting that they pull our some times that nobody work on it in last seven years . in my opinion by looking at the capabilities they must just focus on Shahed-149 and Kaman-22

Because of wasting money and resources on parallel projects Shahed-149 is not airborne yet and there are just 5-7 x KAMAN-22 even though IRIAF needs it more than anything right now in ELINT, PGM strike role.

then they must go and select one of Mohajer-6 , Kaman-12 and Ababil-5 and focus on it for the role those can fill . if they want they can put the other two model that lost the competition for export

Wishing is one thing but that is not what they do. Mohajer-6 was sufficient to be upgraded to better standards but Ababil is I guess from another lobby group so they launched a parallel project and made the force purchase it through political strings.

then come suicide drones , we have kian and Shahed-136 and some ababil . honestly i say those ababils only good for our proxies . kian and shahed-136 represent two philosophy in the regard while Shahed-136 is stealthier , kian is faster and have longer range and come with higher payload capacity . i believe we need both

Shahed-136 and Kian cant be compared to eachother, they serve different purposes.

about flying wing designs Shahed-161/171/181/191 , just ditch the propeller ones as they are defeating the design by increasing the RCS

Even within the Shahed group we have 3 different variants for no apparent reason. We have Shahed 161 which offers nothing except for cloud seeding. Shahed-171 should have been focused on as a stealth attack UCAV from the beginning with Jahesh-700 in mind. But because of serial production of Shahed 191 we are again seeing the same BS.

Nothing cool unveiled during this week it seems.

From the strategic POV, we now have a branch of IRGC in yemen, more deadly than Hezbollah. So this development takes the cake.

We have Qiam-III/Rizwan MaRV which makes less sense to me it has same trajectory but less range than Emad-I/II MaRV so why run a parallel project?

From the strategic POV, we now have a branch of IRGC in yemen, more deadly than Hezbollah. So this development takes the cake.

We have Qiam-III/Rizwan MaRV which makes less sense to me it has same trajectory but less range than Emad-I/II MaRV so why run a parallel project?
If I am not mistaken, they are probably just upgrading their Qiam's to Rezwan version, knowing that it can likely defeat PAC-3 interceptors on pure speed alone. but also to that other special version we saw many months ago that looked like it had a 2nd stage gimballed booster for exo-atmospheric evasion .

If I am not mistaken, they are probably just upgrading their Qiam's to Rezwan version, knowing that it can likely defeat PAC-3 interceptors on pure speed alone. but also to that other special version we saw many months ago that looked like it had a 2nd stage gimballed booster for exo-atmospheric evasion .

Thing is, the ballistic trajectory is vulnerable to terminal interceptors. If defeating the ABM shield through speed is the objective then why not use lower RCS, more faster vehicles like KS or Qassem who follow Skip Glide tracjectories and come down at 4-5 mach at target?

1664222717648.png

Thing is, the ballistic trajectory is vulnerable to terminal interceptors. If defeating the ABM shield through speed is the objective then why not use lower RCS, more faster vehicles like KS or Qassem who follow Skip Glide tracjectories and come down at 4-5 mach at target?

View attachment 882784
KS and Qassem won't be as fast as Rezvan precisely because they are skip glide, the are constantly burning their kinetic energy, and they impact at much slower speeds as a result, we've seen the speed of impact difference between Skip-glide KS and Skip Trajectory Dezful when comparing the burning at the fins (which is seen only in Dezful).

Rezwan with it's simple trajectory will probably be a fireball by the time it impacts like Khoramshahr, and betting on the fact that Interceptors can't get to its predicted trajectory on time. IRGC is smart, they went and tested this in Yemen and their's video of it flying past two interceptors and impacting not far from Aramco housing units

Although with out the surface controls, the accuracy may not be high.

the design is more advanced than Shahed -129 , other wise its engine is some how in the same class as shahed-129 (it uses the same Rotax-914 or some sources say weaker but more efficient Rotax-912uls or something in that class) the difference in performance come with the difference in design
But when can Iran get those Rotax-912/914? Are they buying them officialy?

But when can Iran get those Rotax-912/914? Are they buying them officialy?
We've also been wondering about this question.

Rotax has been used for probably more than a decade now in UCAVs from Iran. It does not look like it has been reverse engineered either and I think such engines are also sanctioned, so it can be through 3rd party front companies that buy them and import them to Iran.

As you may know their are large networks for this kind of thing for many years for Iran. You can even find brand new model mercedes benz in Iran or latest gen iPhones, of course with 2x the price.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom