drmeson

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
1659504984516.png
1659499877217.png

@aryobarzan @WudangMaster @QWECXZ @Hack-Hook @_Nabil_

Last edited:
I did not write HGV. I said GV in the title. At best it is Near-HGV according to Patarames who did a very detailed analysis on it.
You do these write-ups yourself?

Well done.

I just wonder if this missile is experimental or one they want to serially produce.
Considering Kheybar-S missile, if the end-goal is Israel, it can fulfill the role, at a cheaper cost, while being lighter and able to fit 2 on a single TEL.

Seems like KS missile has all the advantages for serial production, and this one is a stepping stone to a Soleimani missile (version 2) with a HGV.

You do these write-ups yourself?

Well done.

I just wonder if this missile is experimental or one they want to serially produce.
Considering Kheybar-S missile, if the end-goal is Israel, it can fulfill the role, at a cheaper cost, while being lighter and able to fit 2 on a single TEL.

Seems like KS missile has all the advantages for serial production, and this one is a stepping stone to a Soleimani missile (version 2) with a HGV.

yes but the sources of the data are the following sources:

Official stats
IISS
Missilethreat
CSIS
Iranian articles in sources like Mashregnews etc
Norbert Brugge
Patarames

I have saved the sources so that if anyone disputes, we have a back up data.

My assumption, KS and Qassem will get into production in very small numbers to maintain the capability while the next variant is already being focussed on. In few years Fateh Family descendants like Qassem and KS will get into the IRBM realm with proper HGVs and will replace Sejjil-II/GRV and Khorramshahr as the choices for long-range attack. Sejjil-GRV as Zoljanah SLV become IRGC's ICBM. KS might become a single platform that will be IRBM-HGV for land attack and AShBM role.

My assumption, KS and Qassem will get into production in very small numbers to maintain the capability while the next variant is already being focussed on.
I thought KS was already in production but only recently publicly unveiled.

I thought KS was already in production but only recently publicly unveiled.

I was talking about scale of production being small. Fateh family of missiles are always evolving into improved and diverse versions. My own personal assumption is that IRGCAF statrategists will eventually give up on total ballastic or high apogee trajectory (Sejjil-GRV, Khorramshahr-II, EMad-II) altogather in favor of skip glide tracjectory (Qassem, KS) which is much harder to intercept.

I think official statement indeed mentions Kheybarshekan was in use long before unveiling.
Yup,

According to IMA media (with direct links to the IRGC)

"KhaybarShekan missile was unveiled yesterday on 9th feb 2022. It has a range of 1450 kilometers and has been in service for a long time.
By significant weight reduction of the missile and it's casing and also reduction of launch preparation time, IRGC Aerospace firepower has increased substantially."

Yup,

According to IMA media (with direct links to the IRGC)

"KhaybarShekan missile was unveiled yesterday on 9th feb 2022. It has a range of 1450 kilometers and has been in service for a long time.
By significant weight reduction of the missile and it's casing and also reduction of launch preparation time, IRGC Aerospace firepower has increased substantially."

Their specs are similar and role as well but both are different missiles. Its one of those Shahed-149 vs Kaman-22 case where rival groups went with their own projects and ended up creating similar weapons.

Their specs are similar and role as well but both are different missiles. Its one of those Shahed-149 vs Kaman-22 case where rival groups went with their own projects and ended up creating similar weapons.
is kaman-22 equal to shahed-149 . to me it looks like a Fotros project become somehow a burden they went and built shahed-149 still wonder from where they get the engine , I'm not aware if we actually produce that engine probably they took it of another airplane that was not in use anymore . well that's not the point . then the other group went and built Kaman-22 to show the other group how much small changes in design can actually made difference in performance of the drone and what actually the potential of Shahed-129 would have been if they designed it more efficient.
one group have more ressurces and another have more experience in aerodynamic of flying objects . sadly they can't work with each other. to me you must compare Fotros with shahed-149 and kaman-22 with shahed-129

is kaman-22 equal to shahed-149 . to me it looks like a Fotros project become somehow a burden they went and built shahed-149 still wonder from where they get the engine , I'm not aware if we actually produce that engine probably they took it of another airplane that was not in use anymore . well that's not the point . then the other group went and built Kaman-22 to show the other group how much small changes in design can actually made difference in performance of the drone and what actually the potential of Shahed-129 would have been if they designed it more efficient.
one group have more ressurces and another have more experience in aerodynamic of flying objects . sadly they can't work with each other. to me you must compare Fotros with shahed-149 and kaman-22 with shahed-129
Kaman-22 is believed to have a length and wingspan more similar to the MQ-1 predator but given some of the armament it carries and it's stated range (3000 km), I doubt it's so small.

Kaman-22 is believed to have a length and wingspan more similar to the MQ-1 predator but given some of the armament it carries and it's stated range (3000 km), I doubt it's so small.
the design is more advanced than Shahed -129 , other wise its engine is some how in the same class as shahed-129 (it uses the same Rotax-914 or some sources say weaker but more efficient Rotax-912uls or something in that class) the difference in performance come with the difference in design

I see the bigger picture. Why would do we need some 4 different types of UCAVs that serve same purpose? Why not spend the resources of $, menpower, brain on upgrading that platform to global leader standard? The concept of central command exists for this reason to avoid mismanagement of projects. I totally agree with T.Cooper and BT about this problem that exists inside Iran.

I see the bigger picture. Why would do we need some 4 different types of UCAVs that serve same purpose? Why not spend the resources of $, menpower, brain on upgrading that platform to global leader standard? The concept of central command exists for this reason to avoid mismanagement of projects. I totally agree with T.Cooper and BT about this problem that exists inside Iran.
thats 4 uav that actually fill 3 role and one of them is just one proto type model . shahed-149 is HALE , Shahed-129 and Kaman-22 are MALE . Fotros is nonsense , useless , ego bousting that they pull our some times that nobody work on it in last seven years . in my opinion by looking at the capabilities they must just focus on Shahed-149 and Kaman-22
then they must go and select one of Mohajer-6 , Kaman-12 and Ababil-5 and focus on it for the role those can fill . if they want they can put the other two model that lost the competition for export
then come suicide drones , we have kian and Shahed-136 and some ababil . honestly i say those ababils only good for our proxies . kian and shahed-136 represent two philosophy in the regard while Shahed-136 is stealthier , kian is faster and have longer range and come with higher payload capacity . i believe we need both

about flying wing designs Shahed-161/171/181/191 , just ditch the propeller ones as they are defeating the design by increasing the RCS

Back
Top Bottom