What's new

China Conducts First Test of New Ultra-High Speed Missile Vehicle

Budget and priorities. But at least we have the plans.
Asteroid mining is the next phase using robots, but warp drive well that is what will truly unite humanity for once :) star trek!:)
looking forward to it and good luck! :)

More 'Chinese physics'...

The hypersonic glider reaching the speed of Mach 20 is absolutely frightening.

The Mach 20 will reach a blackout zone, thus it cannot be detected by any radar, so forget about to lock it down.
US radars tracked the Lockheed HTV-2 when it was at Mach 20, but since this is a Chinese vehicle, radars cannot.

A hypersonic glider has no routine flight trajectory like an ICBM, thus its trajectory is almost unpredictable.
Right...So for a Chinese vehicle, aerodynamic laws do not apply.

And China's hypersonic glider has a low cost boaster, it only needs to be boasted by the shorter ranged ballistic missile like DF-15 or DF-21.
Booster. Not boaster. But we know what you guys are -- boasters -- on this forum.

This technology renders US ABM defences completely obsolete.

They are upset that the tens of billions they have invested in the system has been rendered useless.

Chance of complete world dominance shattered again.:lol:
They already have field testing models of laser defences which can intercept incoming artillery using lasers.
What makes you think Ballistic missiles stand a chance against such system which can intercept artillery projectiles?
You need to get better, Tomorrow they will minaturize that system and use it to stop bullets in battlefield, or provide security cover for their President etc..
Miniaturization will happen sooner or later, then your Ballistic Missiles and projectiles will be obsolete, so think out of the box. :D

More 'Chinese physics'...

US radars tracked the Lockheed HTV-2 when it was at Mach 20, but since this is a Chinese vehicle, radars cannot.

Right...So for a Chinese vehicle, aerodynamic laws do not apply.

Booster. Not boaster. But we know what you guys are -- boasters -- on this forum.

HTV-2 is failure, once a failure you have to restart everything from zero.

Yeah, booster, thank for pointing out the typo. This is the only thing to prove your usefulness here.

They already have field testing models of laser defences which can intercept incoming artillery using lasers.
What makes you think Ballistic missiles stand a chance against such system which can intercept artillery projectiles?
You need to get better, Tomorrow they will minaturize that system and use it to stop bullets in battlefield, or provide security cover for their President etc..
Miniaturization will happen sooner or later, then your Ballistic Missiles and projectiles will be obsolete, so think out of the box. :D

We have our own laser as well.

And the US laser right now is far from ready to intercept a hypersonic glider of the speed of Mach 10-20.

How is it a failure? But my response was about radar tracking. Give us a reasonably credible TECHNICAL explanation on why radars cannot track a Mach 20 body.

Yeah, booster, thank for pointing out the typo. This is the only thing to prove your usefulness here.
Yer welcome. But I taught ALL of the Chinese members here on many things technical, especially in aviation. That you cannot deny.

And the US laser right now is far from ready to intercept a hypersonic glider of the speed of Mach 10-20.
Have this proposed weapon by China hit anything yet? So before you can criticize ours, get yours working as intended.

We have our own laser as well.

You mean to say Their Laser cannot intercept your hypersonic glider which travels at the speed of Mach 10-20?
I agree though Laser needs energy and lots of parameters are taken into consideration.
Do you know how fast does light travel?

But saying they cannot intercept a mach 10-20 hypersonic glider is foolish. i heard of soviets trying to use plasma beams on nose of aircraft to ionize the air and thereby create a bubble effect on total aircraft like . They wanted to use that in submarines too this was during 80's I donno where your research is but you say you got a laser why not show it to world you got one? like Americans did?

Last edited:
You mean to say Their Laser cannot intercept your hypersonic glider which travels at the speed of Mach 10-20?

This is a Chinese made object and therefore only 'Chinese physics' applies. If a Chinese member said radars cannot track and lasers cannot reach, so let it be done...

I agree though Laser needs energy and lots of parameters are taken into consideration.

But saying they cannot intercept a mach 10-20 hypersonic glider is foolish. i heard of soviets trying to use plasma beams on nose of aircraft to ionize the air and thereby create a bubble effect on total aircraft like . They wanted to use that in submarines too this was during 80's I donno where your research is but you say you got a laser why not show it to world you got one? like Americans did?

This is out of your understanding, otherwise you would have achieved it.

Laser will not kill everything ---- it's from laser machine, at least it never melt its container.

It's not about speed, it's about the nature of light, it will be blocked/bounced back by the plasma shield when the object is flying faster than M10 in the air on the earth......

Above, an old retired man was showing off of his 2-digits IQ.

Well, currently no one has the Star Wars laser, and this laser in the real life, it can only barely intercept a slow flying drone.

Well, currently no one has the Star Wars laser, and this laser in the real life, it can only barely intercept a slow flying drone.

Pressurized assisting gas plays an important role in all laser cutting processes: to damage the smoking plasma layer generated by the burning of the material, otherwise, laser cutting will cannot carry on, the process will be halted. It's very simple: the laser energy can not be transferred.

The hypersonic glider which is covered by very stable plasma shield will give no chance to laser beam to exchange the energy, means laser cannot kill it.

You may have the laser to burn the subjects in outerspace, or anything else normal, but so far, there's no way to burn an flying re-entry-alike object by laser beam.

Sure there will have way to shoot it down, but not now or near future.

The way had not been invented. That's why Yankee are hot now.

Last edited:
It's not strange that PLA gets their gliding hypersonic missiles before US, because the theory was created by a Chinese scientist who had been a chief scientist of missile development program in China for many years. DF-25 was perhaps the first variant of DF-21D anti-ship BM and with a gliding flight phase. Even the improved versions of DF-26, DF-27 have been deployed...

It's not strange that PLA gets their gliding hypersonic missiles before US, because the theory was created by a Chinese scientist who had been a chief scientist of missile development program in China for many years. DF-25 was perhaps the first variant of DF-21D anti-ship BM and with a gliding flight phase. Even the improved versions of DF-26, DF-27 have been deployed...
What 'theory' was that?

Back
Top Bottom