What's new

Glad India-Pakistan cricket matches will resume, Zardari writes to PM Manmo

Che Guevara

Reaction score
New Delhi: Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari today wrote to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, welcoming the revival of cricketing ties between the two countries. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has invited Pakistan to play three one-dayers and two Twenty20 matches in December-January, the first bilateral contests between the arch-rivals in five years.

The cricket board is awaiting the government's clearance for the series.

Mr Zardari wrote in his letter that he is 'glad' that cricket matches will resume between India and Pakistan, saying, "Matches will be strong confidence building measure and add to a positive atmosphere." (Read letter)'

"Matches will encourage people-to-people contact," he added.

The rivals have not played a series since Pakistan's tour of India in 2007, after cricket ties were snapped following the 2008 terror attacks on Mumbai.

Mr Zardari had reportedly spoken about the importance of bilateral ties when he made a short visit to India earlier this year and the cricket matters were further discussed between the foreign secretaries of both countries in New Delhi.

Glad India-Pakistan cricket matches will resume, Zardari writes to PM Manmohan Singh | NDTV.com

Real masala will be when we competed face to face in tournaments that too in knock out stages , not in series just like T20 WC , WC , Asia Cup .

Real masala will be when pakistani player come to india and indian will protest against pakistani player,Congress and blood sucker BCCI.

My humble prediction: most of the commenters who are against the series will be watching each and every game with rapt attention ... if not to cheer India, only to boo Pakistani players. But they will all enjoy the games.

My humble prediction: most of the commenters who are against the series will be watching each and every game with rapt attention ... if not to cheer India, only to boo Pakistani players. But they will all enjoy the games.
No man we will not,it feel like someone is rubbing my wound with salt and red paper and spiting in my mouth and laughing at me and my country.

Improving Indo-Pak relations would have been the prime motive of the organizers of this series. [/sarcasm]

I don't think Pakistani team should go to India in light of the wide-spread opposition to the Pakistani tour of India. At most...play in neutral ground.

Back
Top Bottom